Vaping is becoming mainstream in my City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's exploding here recently. It was catching on before I started. We already had like 3-4 B&M's in a roughly 40-50 mile stretch. Still, I never saw all that many vapers. I started about 2 months ago. About one month ago, I started seeing them everywhere. Like, everywhere. On the street, in the store, at bars and restaraunts. It's crazy. MS doesn't have any issues regarding vaping yet and from what I'm seeing, they never will. It's already unstoppable here. I've seen at least 100+ people vaping (not counting at the B&M) and I very rarely go out for even groceries. I pretty much go to work and come home and still everyday, I see at least 2-3 new faces vaping.

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Must admit I am all YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and all.........

images

Oh so new to vaping but one of the things that keeps with the slimmer "mini"? (still learning terminology) is that here (Oakland/SF Bay area) is that half of everyone I know who vapes does so with ............with oil? Mary Jane and I have never met. Not a heavy smoker and with the bigger models I'd be too concerned that everyone would think I'm smoking "something else". My neighbour who introduced me to e-cigs also smokes weed and when we go to bars people are constantly asking for "a hit"

K-Nall

Sep 3, 2013
Cecilia, KY
So where my husband works, in Brooks, Ky., about 40 minutes away, vaping is huge and how we got into it. Other than he and I, I have only ever seen one person vaping in public where we live. Which sucks because, I admit, I'm new enough to vaping to feel really out of place when people look at me like "ohhhh she must be smoking mary jane." I'll get over it, just wish there was more of a culture here and not just at my husbands work. People are generally really supportive and interested and want to try it so that's great. Maybe I can be the word-spreader for my area!

However, I admit in the spirit of full disclosure, I get so annoyed when people say..."What the hell is that thing?" like I have a unicorn horn growing out of my forehead. Sheesh. Please tell me I'm not alone!

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
The power of advertising. Though we may not like the companies nor their products, we can thank them for the advertising they do. It works and that's exactly why the FDA is probably going to put the brakes on it. I spent several days with someone in a large hospital where they have temporary shelters with fans for outside smoking areas (Phoenix AZ heat.) I vaped there rather than stand in the heat and talked to several part-time vapers without their vape gear. They were happy to see me vaping and the smokers didn't seem to notice much.

sawalke4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Florida, USA
yesterday, at the horse track, Elderly woman with her husband watching the race..Vaping a Provari and cartotank! Went to a local bar after to eat, guy with his buddies all vaping ego ce4 setups. Then today, two people in traffic vaping egos, one a disposable in their cars. Last week a guy vaping sitting in front of publix a nice looking wooden mod I have never seen before. Looked like dark mahogony but kind of knurled with a RBA on top!

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
yesterday, at the horse track, Elderly woman with her husband watching the race..Vaping a Provari and cartotank! Went to a local bar after to eat, guy with his buddies all vaping ego ce4 setups. Then today, two people in traffic vaping egos, one a disposable in their cars. Last week a guy vaping sitting in front of publix a nice looking wooden mod I have never seen before. Looked like dark mahogany but kind of knurled with a RBA on top!
Well ... It's obvious e-smoking is mainstreamed in your area.
1-ThumbsUp_zpsc134b2bb.gif

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
Last Saturday, I went to a honky-tonk that I haven't visited in awhile. It's in a small town just outside Dallas, and smoking is still legal and allowed in the bar, so they have ash trays out and all that.

But about four months ago, they added a small vape shop in the bar. Just a single counter, selling lavatubes, evics, ego stuff, twists, protanks, juice. Not a huge selection, but decent.

Dallas has a lot of B&M vape shops, so it's fairly mainstream here.

I do run into a few other people vaping when I go out, and more and more the non vapers are already aware what it is. But vapers are normally aren't the majority. At the Ranch House last week, I think there were more people vaping than smoking. People were vaping all over. One of the employees had a Reo (the first one I've seen in person.) When I asked him about it, he showed me it (a VV woody version) and he also had a second reo, a standard non-variable one.

It was pretty cool going someplace and seeing that many people vaping.

They have a sub-page on their website for vaping. No prices, but talks a bit about what they carry.

Ranch House Sachse, TX - Bar ,Karaoke , Honky Tonk Dance Hall in Sachse, Wylie, Murphy, Plano ,Dallas

armoworrior

ECF Veteran
It's exploding here recently. It was catching on before I started. We already had like 3-4 B&M's in a roughly 40-50 mile stretch. Still, I never saw all that many vapers. I started about 2 months ago. About one month ago, I started seeing them everywhere. Like, everywhere. On the street, in the store, at bars and restaraunts. It's crazy. MS doesn't have any issues regarding vaping yet and from what I'm seeing, they never will. It's already unstoppable here. I've seen at least 100+ people vaping (not counting at the B&M) and I very rarely go out for even groceries. I pretty much go to work and come home and still everyday, I see at least 2-3 new faces vaping.

Yeah its weird down here on the gulf coast to see all the vapors. And how many guys are starting to switch to drippers like I have some I try to get them not to buy mechs but some are not too bright when you tell them that its not a good idea. But they see all the fancy stuff and blow their money. Oh well a vapor is a vapor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread