Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I get everyone's desire to unite, and believe me, I understand the "enemy of my enemy" concept far better than I'd ever like to admit. I have no ill will whatsoever against CASAA or its members, and pray that they'll succeed in a way that truly benefits all of us.

I guess what I've learned from this thread (and others), is that there's really no such thing as "the good fight" anymore. Perhaps there never really was. Whoever has the most money, wins. Period.

So with that, I'll not openly discuss the politics of vaping related issues. My apologies if I offended anyone. Just seeking to understand :)
In my opinion, you are welcome to your opinion, and have every right to express it.
How else can CASAA provide their rebuttal to those that might feel the same way you do.
:)

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Good post. And for every one smoker who started with a Blu or Njoy and found them ineffective and costly but was smart enough to do more research, my estimate is that there are 50 - 100 who decide vaping is a scam and go back to analogs, unfortunately.

If it were not for this ECF community, I may have been in that said group of people. Thus, as I have posted before, ECF is a forum of high value.

- Andy

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
If it were not for this ECF community, I may have been in that said group of people. Thus, as I have posted before, ECF is a forum of high value.

- Andy

And you were smart enough to do research. If models like Blu/NJoy at least offered upgraded models, I would have no problem with them. But unfortunately they put all of their vast money reserves into marketing, trying to convince the uninformed that their product is as good as it is going to get and other models are "dangerous". And the end result is more people continuing to smoke.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
And you were smart enough to do research. If models like Blu/NJoy at least offered upgraded models, I would have no problem with them. But unfortunately they put all of their vast money reserves into marketing, trying to convince the uninformed that their product is as good as it is going to get and other models are "dangerous". And the end result is more people continuing to smoke.

Umm . . . Thank you, but not smart enough to have avoided the Blu PCC Kit scam. My attention and interest started to wear thin after having purchased my 2nd 5 pack of carts, which ran some $15.00 per pack, if my memory serves me right. Needless to say, some tasted burnt right out of the box. Some yielded no flavor nor vapor. I felt like a cow standing in line at a slaughter house. That was the last straw for me. I feel sorry for those whom bought into the monthly cart delivery program.

Depending on how one wishes to look at it, in my eyes, Blu's quality control/product consistency was their downfall for me.

I trust that the members in the Blu forum, here at ECF, reach the same conclusion, in short time. There are better options, which are much more enjoyable and feasible.

- Andy

tbx59

Mar 20, 2013
los angeles
I see it being screw a unit onto your cell phone (thats going to be size of a pen) and place next to your head and it beams the nicotine via shockwaves through your head into the receptors in your brain! well...something like that

Xbox, vape!
I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that, you need to upgrade to xbox live uranium

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Is this why ppl collect mad amounts of high quality mods, so they got a lifetime supply for when/if black-vapeday arrives?

Seriously it's a good plan... an they would be worth thousands if productions were shut down

Mech mods will have an advantage, as they are as basic as a PV can get with regard to repairs and parts, if required. RBAs and RDAs are rebuildables. As such, coil and wicking materials are common everyday items used else where.

- Andy

Patrick O'Brien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
MN
I honestly have no idea why anyone would smoke analog cigs when their is something as wonderful as vaping available. Analogs stink, cause cancer, are expensive, taste horrible, and the whole ashes all over and using lighters is annoying. I love vaping and the benefits of it vs. regular ciggs. To me, its stupid to still smoke regular ciggs when vaping exists.

tbx59

Mar 20, 2013
los angeles
I honestly have no idea why anyone would smoke analog cigs when their is something as wonderful as vaping available. Analogs stink, cause cancer, are expensive, taste horrible, and the whole ashes all over and using lighters is annoying. I love vaping and the benefits of it vs. regular ciggs. To me, its stupid to still smoke regular ciggs when vaping exists.

right now it is just too fragmented - lots of different devices, the cigalikes are mostly terrible, the entry level like ego still a bit intimidating, so many different delivery methods, etc. The way it is now is great for the hobbyist, the tinkerer, the consumer in general with so many options, but it isn't ready for prime time and by that I mean: it's not standardized and mass marketed....Thank god. It's great the way it is for us, more and more people will make the plunge, but the last thing we want is not just Phillip Morris in our grill, but, say, ge selling us devices and nestle selling us juices...they'll be along soon enough to exploit us, let's enjoy the salad days

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I trust that the members in the Blu forum, here at ECF, reach the same conclusion, in short time.
It is hard for me to imagine who can continue buying pre-filled carts for long.
It seems to me that unless you learn about refilling you are almost doomed to eventually give up.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
It is hard for me to imagine who can continue buying pre-filled carts for long.
It seems to me that unless you learn about refilling you are almost doomed to eventually give up.

Initially, I loved the whole Blu experience, as it got me off of the analogs, which I am very thankful for. However, I knew that the experience would be short lived and I had to seek out other alternatives.

- Andy . . . Don't let the Ciggieman getcha . . . Vape'em.

hvac999

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I am another for liking the system the way it is. There is great competition leading to lower pricing and R&D with companies is great. We have new cool things coming on the market almost daily. I have to say that I also like the quality of the items currently being sold. My only wish is that more US companies would enter the mix. Things that I don't have to mortgage my house to buy.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
NJOY Kings are 9.99 at all of the stores around me, ive never even tried one due to the price. Ridiculous. If they were 7 id consider picking one up now and then for certain situations.

And another note, ALL the other disposables are 9.99 too lol, even the no name ones. The only cheaper option are those Walmart ones, i cant think of the brand atm, they may be cheaper but ive never asked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread