Future of vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincent93

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2012
California
I want to talk about my thoughts on our future.

(short story of mine)
I was on a long trip and my battery died... So I couldn't vape... I needed my nicotine really bad.
So I stopped by 7 eleven and bought a njoy...

WOW this stuff is amazing! it was unexpected..

I knew about this thing for long time but never bother to try it or spend my money on this because I have my own mods (Provari and mini did)
After purchasing this small analog looking e cig, I haven't touched my mods at all...

Ok anyways after this experience I thought that our future could be something like this:

Replace all traditional analogs with disposable e cigs.

so just like traditional analogs, we could stop by a gas station, liquor store, tobacco store etc. and just pick up and go~ it will be the same!! :)

I heard big tobacco company is going to make e cigs now, and I hope the future would be like this.

Maybe it will take few years but I really hope analogs will be replaced by e cigs.

Just my thoughts on our future...:p

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
First, you are in the vast minority if you think tiny stick batteries are better than say a Provari in performance.

Second, if we all don't start supporting CASAA, the future of vaping will be very dire and bleak. Please educate yourself on the many forces trying to have vaping banned/severely restricted and what you can do to help stop it.

darkstorm

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
Colorado
www.vaportrailz.com
I really enjoyed the Njoy King, they are nice in a pinch if for some reason your main system is....unavailable. Problem is at $7 a pop and an average life of less than two days they are nearly as costly as cigarettes. (that is assuming you can get them to last two days, mine was more like 5 hours)

RelativeBewt

DripLife
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Paducah, Kentucky
I really enjoyed the Njoy King, they are nice in a pinch if for some reason your main system is....unavailable. Problem is at $7 a pop and an average life of less than two days they are nearly as costly as cigarettes. (that is assuming you can get them to last two days, mine was more like 5 hours)

i keep one in my vape box after a recent charger malfunction left me pv-less. they are pretty good, especially the menthols.

Paul Maul

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2013
Topeka, KS
One thing I haven't heard discussed regarding disposables is the fact that millions of spent lithium batteries are ending up in landfills despite some manufacturer attempts at recycling. If disposable usage expands dramatically the Sauron-like eyes of environmentalists will inevitably be attracted. If they try to impose expensive recycling programs it could easily damp down enthusiasm for disposables to the detriment of smokers. Cue heavy sigh. These days it seems like unintended consequences rule the world.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Personally I don't give a hoot if people use sticks or MODs or twist or whatever. Just so long as they quit. Vapers outnumbering smokers has already been projected by a few business journals to be as soon as 10 years down the line. We don't need Big T's evil, money grubbing, business destroying, completely selfish, scumbag influence to help us and personally I don't want it.

Tebo

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna British Columbia
  • Deleted by Dusty_D
  • Reason: Not required.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
can someone link me to a valid article of tobacco companies actually trying to ban e cigs

Cus the only real proof I've seen thus far, is them trying to branch out into them.

I also just became a member of CASAA

They're not trying to ban e-cigarettes. They(tobacco companies) are promoting legislation in some states to ban internet sales and/or add licensing fees and pricey age verifcation software which would effectively squeeze out the mom and pop suppliers. They are angling to be THE source of e-cigs with zero competition.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-tax-require-license-sell-vapor-products.html

Last edited:

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I want to talk about my thoughts on our future.

(short story of mine)
I was on a long trip and my battery died... So I couldn't vape... I needed my nicotine really bad.
So I stopped by 7 eleven and bought a NJoy...

WOW this stuff is amazing! it was unexpected..

I knew about this thing for long time but never bother to try it or spend my money on this because I have my own mods (Provari and mini did)
After purchasing this small analog looking e cig, I haven't touched my mods at all...

Ok anyways after this experience I thought that our future could be something like this:

Replace all traditional analogs with disposable e cigs.

so just like traditional analogs, we could stop by a gas station, liquor store, tobacco store etc. and just pick up and go~ it will be the same!! :)

I heard big tobacco company is going to make e cigs now, and I hope the future would be like this.

Maybe it will take few years but I really hope analogs will be replaced by e cigs.

Just my thoughts on our future...:p

It was due to the use of the Blu and Njoy disposables, which lead me to seek out a better alternative. Long story short, if I had continued to use disposables and my Blu kit, I most likely would not be smoke free, today. I afforded the said the benefit of doubt and high hopes for 1 month.

The Blu kit fails by Biblical proportions as compared to my 2 provari minis, 2 ego-c twist, and Sigelei Zmax. Topped with either cartotanks, RBAs, or RDAs, I would not even bother making a comparison between the said and disposables. For the initiated it would be both insulting and a complete waste of time. It would be liken to suggest that a Swanson frozen T.V. dinner be equal to that of a good home cooked meal in quality and taste.

Moving forward, BT is not here to afford us any benefits nor favors. For them, as with most other large commercial entities, their bottom lines are of the utmost importance to the detriment of the general public. To think otherwise would be foolish.

If the past is any indication, the future promises more regulations/restrictions and less personal choices. This is happening all across our Global community. If we continue to sleep, the thieves of the night will eventually have their way.

- Andy . . . Challenge in lieu of being challenged.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I see it being screw a unit onto your cell phone (thats going to be size of a pen) and place next to your head and it beams the nicotine via shockwaves through your head into the receptors in your brain! well...something like that

Oh no no NO! Where's the vapor?! I need my vapor! :vapor:

But seriously. On the environmental issue. One of my former printers had (may still have) a recycling program, whereby every ink cartridge came with a prepaid envelope for returning used cartridges to the manufacturer for recycling/safe disposal. I'd like to see the same for ecig batteries, since disposing of hazardous materials can be difficult, if not impossible, for individuals in many localities. Or perhaps B&M vape shops could have such programs.

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
While I think that CASAA's intentions are well founded, and I generally believe that CASAA is pro-vaping, I'm not yet a member. I actually tried to sign up once, but their website didn't seem to want to let me, but I digress...

I've read or been a part of several discussions here on ECF and elsewhere, that had folks claiming to be CASAA leaders, that were very much in favor of "partnering" with BT in order to advance the vape agenda. The sole argument in favor is always the deep pockets of BT, and being able to use those resources to buy influence.

I've not once seen a statement from CASAA in any form that would refute this.

It's my opinion, that any sort of cooperation between BT and CASAA nothing more than selling your soul to the devil. BT has sold myself and countless millions of others, lies for many decades, and I have no reason to believe that a single one of them will change their ways.

So I guess that as long as there is no public statement from CASAA denouncing a relationship with BT, I just can't put my hat in their ring.

BT could be considered easy money. Best lesson I ever learned, is that anything worth a damn is never easy. There has got to be another way CASAA. Please!

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I will add to my previous post. BT can be a friend to all Vapers . . . Only if BT is willing to meet vapers half way and not have the desire to dominate the entire vaping industry. They can make all the disposables and kits they wish. However, they will/are seeking to impose regulations, which will ultimately affect advanced vapers, unfortunately.

- Andy

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
I will add to my previous post. BT can be a friend to all Vapers . . . Only if BT is willing to meet vapers half way and not have the desire to dominate the entire vaping industry. They can make all the disposables and kits they wish. However, they will/are seeking to impose regulations, which will ultimately affect advanced vapers, unfortunately.

- Andy

I hear what you're saying, and understand your viewpoint.

However, asking any business to quell their desire to dominate its respective industry is like asking asking a fox to guard the proverbial hen house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread