Status
Not open for further replies.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I hear what you're saying, and understand your viewpoint.

However, asking any business to quell their desire to dominate its respective industry is like asking asking a fox to guard the proverbial hen house.

Yes, which is reflected in my last sentence.

- Andy

basylica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Dallas, Tx
I'm working my way up the upgrade scale it seems, and i'm currently trying to convert my visiting mom....but I really like the white clouds I started with. not as good, not as many flavors, but not as tinkery and give a great hit and produce good vapor and if you catch them onsale they are not a bad dead at all.
I've got a couple of their flings in my laptop bag as "backup" incase something happens. I may end up filling my mom's arms with my WC rechargeable kit, all my cartos, and my remaining disposables to take home with her...but I think i'd jump online and buy a fistful of the disposables for stashing about incase my fav juice is gone, or battery dies, or whatever.
They really are handy :)

XeniaMike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Xenia, Ohio
It's all so underhanded. Why not just build/produce a better product and let the markets decide? There's always gotta be this big drama cloak-and-dagger routine with everything it seems. If BT wants in on the action, make a product that beats the competition. At least in a just world, it would work that way.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I want to talk about my thoughts on our future.

(short story of mine)
I was on a long trip and my battery died... So I couldn't vape... I needed my nicotine really bad.
So I stopped by 7 eleven and bought a njoy...

WOW this stuff is amazing! it was unexpected..

I knew about this thing for long time but never bother to try it or spend my money on this because I have my own mods (Provari and mini did)
After purchasing this small analog looking e cig, I haven't touched my mods at all...

Ok anyways after this experience I thought that our future could be something like this:

Replace all traditional analogs with disposable e cigs.

so just like traditional analogs, we could stop by a gas station, liquor store, tobacco store etc. and just pick up and go~ it will be the same!! :)

I heard big tobacco company is going to make e cigs now, and I hope the future would be like this.

Maybe it will take few years but I really hope analogs will be replaced by e cigs.

Just my thoughts on our future...:p

So you like the Idea of the Tobacco companies that lied to us for Years about Health concerns and still Deny many facts, while paying Billions in legal settlements, to continue taking our money? The whole while working to make the least quality and most profitable products they can churn out and forcing anyone that attempts to compete into bankruptcy. All the while, pumping Millions more in Excess profits into the hands of crooked politicians.
Let us not forget the ease the FDA will have in linking Vaping to Smoking and the ridiculous excise Taxes the Government will attach driving prices even higher.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
While I think that CASAA's intentions are well founded, and I generally believe that CASAA is pro-vaping, I'm not yet a member. I actually tried to sign up once, but their website didn't seem to want to let me, but I digress...

I've read or been a part of several discussions here on ECF and elsewhere, that had folks claiming to be CASAA leaders, that were very much in favor of "partnering" with BT in order to advance the vape agenda. The sole argument in favor is always the deep pockets of BT, and being able to use those resources to buy influence.

I've not once seen a statement from CASAA in any form that would refute this.

It's my opinion, that any sort of cooperation between BT and CASAA nothing more than selling your soul to the devil. BT has sold myself and countless millions of others, lies for many decades, and I have no reason to believe that a single one of them will change their ways.

So I guess that as long as there is no public statement from CASAA denouncing a relationship with BT, I just can't put my hat in their ring.

BT could be considered easy money. Best lesson I ever learned, is that anything worth a damn is never easy. There has got to be another way CASAA. Please!

CASAA is an all-volunteer consumer advocacy organization that works to ensure that smoke-free alternatives (not simply e-cigarettes) remain available, affordable and effective options for smokers. CASAA's mission is to promote tobacco harm reduction policies and to protect the best interests of consumers. While CASAA does not represent industry interests, we firmly believe that consumers are best served by ensuring that there is diversity in the marketplace. While many e-cigarette (and even some tobacco) companies are supportive of our work, CASAA never loses sight of its mission to represent consumers and does not make quid pro quo deals with companies. Not surprisingly, there are many instances where CASAA opposes actions taken by large e-cigarette, tobacco and pharmaceutical companies as those companies try to position themselves to eliminate competition and diversity.

llamainmypocket

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
United States
There has got to be something wrong with your setup if your getting that much out of an njoy.

Buy anyway... Yeah, I think that is essentially the future of e cigarettes. Over time, batteries will get smaller and stronger and the larger mods will be as retro tomorrow as a big boxy TV is today... Imagine an e cigarette that hits like a tank and is the size of a toothpick. There is nothing that says it can't happen.

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
CASAA is an all-volunteer consumer advocacy organization that works to ensure that smoke-free alternatives (not simply e-cigarettes) remain available, affordable and effective options for smokers. CASAA's mission is to promote tobacco harm reduction policies and to protect the best interests of consumers. While CASAA does not represent industry interests, we firmly believe that consumers are best served by ensuring that there is diversity in the marketplace. While many e-cigarette (and even some tobacco) companies are supportive of our work, CASAA never loses sight of its mission to represent consumers and does not make quid pro quo deals with companies. Not surprisingly, there are many instances where CASAA opposes actions taken by large e-cigarette, tobacco and pharmaceutical companies as those companies try to position themselves to eliminate competition and diversity.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9064426#post9064426

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
There has got to be something wrong with your setup if your getting that much out of an njoy.

Buy anyway... Yeah, I think that is essentially the future of e cigarettes. Over time, batteries will get smaller and stronger and the larger mods will be as retro tomorrow as a big boxy TV is today... Imagine an e cigarette that hits like a tank and is the size of a toothpick. There is nothing that says it can't happen.

Not toothpick sized...but pretty small...
eRoll...filed with DIY 18mg 'Green Apple'
Satisfies my stealth Vaping cravings !

yes, I can stealth vape for 5 cents a day...
cant do that with BT and the government involved.
:vapor:

Last edited:

llamainmypocket

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
United States
Not toothpick sized...but pretty small...
eRoll...filed with DIY 18mg 'Green Apple'
Satisfies my stealth Vaping cravings !

yes, I can stealth vape for 5 cents a day...
cant do that with BT and the government involved.
:vapor:

Yeah. Who knows where the floor is... I just know that my nicotine solution is 1.8% nicotine so I know the liquid can be reduced in volume by .018*1, that particle physics may open the door to quantum batteries, and an atomizer only needs to be proper scale to your liquid. If we can figure out the battery issue which is a top priority for all types of products then the rest requires adaption for PVs

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
While I think that CASAA's intentions are well founded, and I generally believe that CASAA is pro-vaping, I'm not yet a member. I actually tried to sign up once, but their website didn't seem to want to let me, but I digress...

I've read or been a part of several discussions here on ECF and elsewhere, that had folks claiming to be CASAA leaders, that were very much in favor of "partnering" with BT in order to advance the vape agenda. The sole argument in favor is always the deep pockets of BT, and being able to use those resources to buy influence.

I've not once seen a statement from CASAA in any form that would refute this.

It's my opinion, that any sort of cooperation between BT and CASAA nothing more than selling your soul to the devil. BT has sold myself and countless millions of others, lies for many decades, and I have no reason to believe that a single one of them will change their ways.

So I guess that as long as there is no public statement from CASAA denouncing a relationship with BT, I just can't put my hat in their ring.

BT could be considered easy money. Best lesson I ever learned, is that anything worth a damn is never easy. There has got to be another way CASAA. Please!

Consider it a case of "the enemy of my enemy". CASAA is going after the bills introduced and funded by BT just as hard and fast as they go after the ones introduced and funded by the ANTZ. The win in Oklahoma was a direct result of many, many talks between a CASAA officer and said rep. Eventually he was able to convince the rep that several points in the bill would do more harm than good and they were removed. To win at this though, we have to have a political mentality, and that mentality says that we get in bed with whoever is going to do us the most good, until they don't. Let's face it. We have neither the money nor the expertise to create our own lobbying arm, so we have to borrow someone else's when our goals run parallel. Strangely enough, our goals with these RJR bills are currently running in line with the ANTZ of all people. The political world is truly a weird place.

Last edited:

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org

Nowhere in that post did I say CASAA or I was "very much in favor of "partnering" with BT in order to advance the vape agenda?" There is a HUGE difference in a personal opinion about not continuing an irrational hatred for the tobacco companies (when we have BP and ANTZ lies and greed to deal with these days) and suggesting "partnering up" with the tobacco companies. You were the one who mentioned "cozying up to tobacco companies," in that post, not me. ;)

Note my comment that follows right after your's: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...u-cigs-released-vv-battery-6.html#post9064668

That's not to say I don't have other reasons to be wary of the big tobacco companies entering the market - same as I am of the big e-cigarette companies and associations. I don't trust them to do anything more than protect their business models and throw vapers like us (who don't use pre-filled carts in just 18 mg or less tobacco and menthol flavors) under the bus in order to corner the market. That is very likely to be the main fight we will have with the tobacco company e-cigarettes and BE (big e-cig) companies.

I specifically discuss the fight we will have with many tobacco companies. Nowhere do I say CASAA should start taking money from them or embracing them as friends. But we may find ourselves on the same side with the tobacco companies at times, too. There's nothing we can do about that. All CASAA can do is try to keep an open dialog so we can hopefully stop them from screwing things up for us too much.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
It was due to the use of the Blu and Njoy disposables, which lead me to seek out a better alternative. Long story short, if I had continued to use disposables and my Blu kit, I most likely would not be smoke free, today. I afforded the said the benefit of doubt and high hopes for 1 month.

The Blu kit fails by Biblical proportions as compared to my 2 provari minis, 2 ego-c twist, and Sigelei Zmax. Topped with either cartotanks, RBAs, or RDAs, I would not even bother making a comparison between the said and disposables. For the initiated it would be both insulting and a complete waste of time. It would be liken to suggest that a Swanson frozen T.V. dinner be equal to that of a good home cooked meal in quality and taste.

Moving forward, BT is not here to afford us any benefits nor favors. For them, as with most other large commercial entities, their bottom lines are of the utmost importance to the detriment of the general public. To think otherwise would be foolish.

If the past is any indication, the future promises more regulations/restrictions and less personal choices. This is happening all across our Global community. If we continue to sleep, the thieves of the night will eventually have their way.

- Andy . . . Challenge in lieu of being challenged.

Good post. And for every one smoker who started with a Blu or Njoy and found them ineffective and costly but was smart enough to do more research, my estimate is that there are 50 - 100 who decide vaping is a scam and go back to analogs, unfortunately.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Consider it a case of "the enemy of my enemy". CASAA is going after the bills introduced and funded by BT just as hard and fast as they go after the ones introduced and funded by the ANTZ. The win in Oklahoma was a direct result of many, many talks between a CASAA officer and said rep. Eventually he was able to convince the rep that several points in the bill would do more harm than good and they were removed. To win at this though, we have to have a political mentality, and that mentality says that we get in bed with whoever is going to do us the most good, until they don't. Let's face it. We have neither the money nor the expertise to create our own lobbying arm, so we have to borrow someone else's when our goals run parallel. Strangely enough, our goals with these RJR bills are currently running in line with the ANTZ of all people. The political world is truly a weird place.

Very good points. It is really unfortunate that every vaper, at least on ECF, is not a supporting member of CASAA. I would like to see the vaping suppliers all agree to provide a way when a customer is making a purchase to be able to donate to CASAA and as an incentive, be willing to match any contribution.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Very good points. It is really unfortunate that every vaper, at least on ECF, is not a supporting member of CASAA. I would like to see the vaping suppliers all agree to provide a way when a customer is making a purchase to be able to donate to CASAA and as an incentive, be willing to match any contribution.
I'm still working on trying to make sure every vendor at least refers their customers to CASAA and encourages them to join.

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
I get everyone's desire to unite, and believe me, I understand the "enemy of my enemy" concept far better than I'd ever like to admit. I have no ill will whatsoever against CASAA or its members, and pray that they'll succeed in a way that truly benefits all of us.

I guess what I've learned from this thread (and others), is that there's really no such thing as "the good fight" anymore. Perhaps there never really was. Whoever has the most money, wins. Period.

So with that, I'll not openly discuss the politics of vaping related issues. My apologies if I offended anyone. Just seeking to understand :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread