Vaping Lung Disease Outbreak: the TRUTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
It's nearly an hour long, but this is the best information available at this point in time on the vaping lung disease outbreak in the US. Unbiased information.

I agree, other than their abject hatred of, and misinformation RE salts.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
With much due respect, what misinformation?
Well, the most glaring point would be that benzoic and lactic acid aren't the only form of salts.
Malic and citric acid are also quite useful in protonation.
Second, natural tobacco has very little, if ANY freebase nicotine, as freebase doesn't stay unprotonated naturally, so there is plenty of history of salt inhalation.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Well, the most glaring point would be that benzoic and lactic acid aren't the only form of salts.
    Malic and citric acid are also quite useful in protonation.
    Second, natural tobacco has very little, if ANY freebase nicotine, as freebase doesn't stay unprotonated naturally, so there is plenty of history of salt inhalation.
    Okay, point taken. Personally, I don't know enough about them. It would just seem reasonable that 35-50 mg could be overkill, and the point they made that salts hide the bodies natural alert that too much nicotine could be a problem.

Last edited:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Okay, point taken. Personally, I don't know enough about them. It would just seem reasonable that 35-50 mg could be overkill, and the point they made that salts hide the bodies natural alert to that much nicotine could be a problem.
    With smooth salts, I can concede that point, with a caveat,
    I am trying to convert a friend of mine, and his issue is, he smokes Marlboro 72s. GMO tobacco and ultra short filters have created a situation where 35mg in a Nord with the 0.6ohm coil isn't satisfying his cravings.

Hit salts also don't have that non-bio-feedback issue either.

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I am sorry but I did not watch, I don't care what "they" say positive or negative. I am sticking with the one that brung me to my vastly improved stamina as well as economic well-being..
    I just hafta say that although I hit the 'agree' button on your post CMD-Ky, I just mostly agree. I didn't watch the video either, but I might.. I don't really care what they say, but I am interested in what they have to say, and I might even be inclined to further investigate as to why they felt they had to say whatever was said. As for your last sentence, I do have to 100% agree with that.

Last edited:

Marper

Moved On
    May 20, 2019
    As I see it salts enable you to have more nicotine without the harshness, of course it will cause problems eventually, so the powers that be jump all over this and vaping gets a bad name as if us vapers need any more ridicule, 3mg is enough for dtl its about the same as a normal cigarette 6mg is overkill, I started at 18mg using mtl but now happy with 3 using dtl

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread