Travel and Vaping Vaping on a motorcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I find that a 3.7 ego type doesnt give me a good hit driving my jeep w/the windows down, so i was thinking 5v. I wear a 3/4 or fullface, so i was thinking about using a cheap 5v box mod w/ big horn button velcroed on the side, about where my jawline is. Then running a short tube from there to my mouth.

I generrally do backroads on a 4 speed tourqy cruiser, so I dont shift alot ( thinking leftside helmet placement). Was thinking about trying one of those big EDMCC cartos...

shades

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 3, 2009
    Perth, Ontario
    It nice to see that the voices in my head are not as crazy as I thought they were. Since the weather HAD warmed up and I was able to park the 4 wheel cage at home and ride the bike to work last week a few days, I was thinking about how much I smoked the analogs in the car on the way into work.

Then as I started thinking about getting back into vaping and ordered my gear I started wondering if I could do it on the bike with an auto battery and a hose. (I have had similar thoughts about coffee and a hose lol ).

Although I ride a cruiser I have a full face, but its not like the visor can't be popped up once in a while if I needed a hit :)

I have a nice big sheild in front of me so it just might be worth trying out... visor down when taking a vape and up when exhaling...

Either way its nice to see I am not completely off the deep end yet :D

GIMike

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 15, 2009
    Around OKC, OK
    If you are really concerned about safety, you have no business on a motorcycle. Just my $0.02 :)

Yeah, it would have been better if I didn't care about safety and did what all the "cool" bikers do and never bought a helmet, left my gear at home, and died that night the deer ran out in front of me while I was doing 65 and taught me how to fly. Keep your $0.02, I don't want them.

djwyman

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 14, 2012
    Lake Charles La
    I haven't sat here and read everything in this post and I no longer have my bike...But riding my motorcycle is what initially got me in to vaping...me and a friend of mine both thought hey if I can take a few puffs at a redlight instead of trying to light a real cig then this would be the ticket. besides that we both wore full face helmets so smoking a real one was out of the question. I have a different out look on vaping now and am currently bikeless(went threw a divorce she got the car I kept my bike learned that a bike for your only vehicle can suck at times) but just thought I would share this.

Roach

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hayward, WI
    oh my, this thread is still alive? I have a 84 gold wing with a sidecar and an 86 volkswagen trike. Pretty laid back cruisers, I'm definitely not a crotch rocket kind of rider. I wear a full face helmet but I could probably get a couple puffs through the shield occasionally. I'd like to hook up a cigarette lighter (accessory plug-in) and an automatic passthrough and just vape away. Does anyone even make an auto passthrough? in kr808?

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    oh my, this thread is still alive? I have a 84 gold wing with a sidecar and an 86 volkswagen trike. Pretty laid back cruisers, I'm definitely not a crotch rocket kind of rider. I wear a full face helmet but I could probably get a couple puffs through the shield occasionally. I'd like to hook up a cigarette lighter (accessory plug-in) and an automatic passthrough and just vape away. Does anyone even make an auto passthrough? in kr808?

I think Smokeless Image has one I might try for this. Shouldn't be hard to pop one in a top pocket and run a short line if tubing to the mouth.

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Accessories This is it. And it's sealed, so no worries about the wind.

I was originally thinking about a cheap 5v box mod because, for some reason, I don't get a good TH with the wind blowing around, like in my Jeep. Maybe velcro it to the side of my helmet and run the tube down under the helmets chinbar.

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Have you ever used an automatic battery in even a slight wind? You'd be better off making a mod with a push button mounted on the handlebar. An auto would just fry up all your juice and catch your poly on fire within the first mile of riding ;)

Could be wrong, but from what I've heard, the days of autos going off from wind or sound is over.

GIMike

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 15, 2009
    Around OKC, OK
    Could be wrong, but from what I've heard, the days of autos going off from wind or sound is over.

I'm not so sure about that, as that's just how they're built. They use a diaphram that detects a change in air pressure as a button. Otherwise they wouldn't be very effective and you'd have to take huge hard draws on them to make them activate. That's my guess anyway. I have a buddy who bought an automatic blu recently. He loves borrowing my manual ego cause his is always going off unexpectedly.

Krabill

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 12, 2011
    Tulsa
    www.designatedvaping.com
    I tried it for the first time a couple weeks ago. Worked great.

My riding pants have a zippered pocket on the front of the leg. I just put my Ego in there. Pulled it out occasionally and took a drag right up under my full-face helmet.

Of course I only did it on straight, traffic-free stretches of road, but it worked just fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread