Travel and Vaping Vaping on the Amtrak train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternityroad

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
I will be taking a 2 1/2 day trip to the Wast coast on Amtrak in mid-September and wondered about their policies toward vaping. I wrote an email to their contacts/customer service the other day, but haven't heard back yet. In the meantime if anyone knows about Amtrak's policy or has had experiences in this regard might you post them? The biggest problem I foresee is that other passengers will start nagging the conductor whenever they see me vaping, thinking I am breaking the rules. Or they won't look closely and start lighting up their analogs, thinking that is what I am up to.

Thanx

Ken

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
I took the train from upstate NY to NC for a few days and then on to Florida and back again this past March.

I certainly wouldn't ask - it's too easy for them to say no out of ignorance or brainwashing via the FDA and the evil 3 letter groups! However, I was able to vape away happily for the whole trip, both in stations I had to wait in and on the trains. I don't think anyone ever noticed!

You just need to be discreet, hold the vapor in a little longer than normal when in the sight of others, and preferably use an ecig that looks nothing like a cigarette (and no led either, that just draws attention to you and the ecig). My black SD fit the bill perfectly. :D

It was a wonderful trip for me, especially compared to the days of agony when I traveled while still smoking!

Eternityroad

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
I certainly wouldn't ask - it's too easy for them to say no out of ignorance or brainwashing via the FDA and the evil 3 letter groups!

Thanx for the tip. I'll keep it discreet. I still haven't heard back from Amtrak. Worse comes to worse it is no big deal to vape downstairs in the latrines. The stewards rarely hang around there and sometimes later in the evening the dome cars are nearly empty.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread