Vaping Problems...need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyDancer

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Oklahoma
Good morning All!

I just received my kgo this week along with Boge 510 cartos. I'm observing some things I don't like and need advice.

1. It seems like I'm refilling these things ALL the time. I believe they hold about 20 drops but after vaping a short time, it starts tasting harsh so I refill about 10 drops. Anything over 10, I get leaking.
2. I'm looking at getting some Boge 510 XL along with a big bore cone. Will this work better for me or do I need to go to one of those acrylic cartos. I do want to stay small in overall size.
3. I'm not sure if I got some duds on the cartos or if this is typical.
4. I'm down to 6 mg of nic so I vape often. Is this why I'm running out of juice so quickly? I'm guessing so but not sure.
5. BTW LOVE THE K-GO! just not these cartos...

Thanks for reading!

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
The small cartos don't hold that much and if you vape a lot they run dry quick.

Some duds per box is fairly common, Boge's have been the most reliable for me although I use Resurrector's quite often.

Maybe go up with the nicotine level. If I tried to stay with 6 mg, I've be constantly vaping (or go back to smoking).

Here's a good carto and good pricing from a great vendor. These things work great with a KGO:

Crystal Clear Vaping

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Good morning Sky...I found the Smoketech 2.5ml. (resurrectors) that I love. They hold quite a bit of juice & have great, full taste. I'm sure you'll get tons of different opinions from everyone, however, this is my new favorite. Good luck on your search & enjoy your new Kgo. BTW - I get mine at www.crystalclearvaping.com

Last edited:

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
The standard sized boges are pretty small. I've never actually used one without a tank, so I can't say how long they last.

My experience is this... My first real pv was a go-go. It's quite similar to a Kgo, but has proprietary cartomizers. The go-go cartomizers are probably similar in size to a boge XL. I found, even with the largeish cartomizers, refilling so often was quite irritating to me. Some people don't mind it, but I'd rather be able to just vape all day without messing with bottles and dripping. Jmo.

What I did was move to a cartomizer tank (punched cartomizer inside a tank. When working properly the tank keeps the cartomizer fed, instead of having to top it off so often). Cartomizer tanks have their own learning curve, but once I got that down I was much happier with being able to fill a tank 1x a day and not worry about juice any more. I started with the go-go cartomizers in a tank and that worked pretty well, but was sort of finicky.

Eventually I upgraded to a provari, and switched to standard size boges in a tank (go-go cartos won't fit on a provari without an adapter). Turns out the standard sized boges in a tank are perfect for me. The go-go carts were more finicky in a tank (harder to get the carto to feed properly- some issues with either not feeding enough or the other extreme of leaking or gurgling). The boges work in my tank perfectly 99% of the time.

I've tried some of the clearomizer type cartos (both the filler type and the wicking type) and they don't work as well for me. Some people find they are the perfect solution though, so I'd never suggest that someone not try them. I think it's best to try a few of the different options for juice delivery. Pick a few of the most recommended types and see which suits your style best. There really are significant differences, but IMO its impossible to predict what will work for any particular person.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Before I got a carto-tank, I used to keep about 7 bogelr's in rotation. Filled them 2-3 times a day using the condom method w/ 13drops per carto. Maybe lasted 1/2hr-45min each?

Carto tanks are awesome! I have a 14ga. needle cap on a 30ml bottle, and it takes me 5sec to fill a 6ml tank that'll last most of the day. Best thing besides that is that it gives a perfect hit most times- not too wet, and NO DRY HITS, or burning. IF you can find a great tank and carto to match.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    1. It seems like I'm refilling these things ALL the time. I believe they hold about 20 drops but after vaping a short time, it starts tasting harsh so I refill about 10 drops. Anything over 10, I get leaking.
    Unfortunately some reports lately of Boges tasting strange. Yes they only take 20 drops= 1 ml.
    Will this work better for me or do I need to go to one of those acrylic cartos.
    I've found the perfect carto for the Kgo are the Smok Tech XL single coil 1.7 aka Resurector cartos. They hold 1.8 ml juice but are a little longer. I began with Boge cartos, next Ressurector XL cartos, next carto+tank and now am using the V2 clearomizers. If refilling is a problem I would suggest the V2 clearomizers with the new longer wick- very easy to refill and looks cool. Best price I've found http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?pag...color_plus.tpl&product_id=1156&category_id=21
    Also if you are vaping lots have you considered upping your nic level a touch? Whether you're vaping 6 mg or 8 mg your body is going to be demanding a certain amount of nicotine and will get it. I tried going down to 6 mg but was vaping far too much- my body wasn't ready for it yet IMO.
    Good Luck.

Last edited:

SkyDancer

ECF Veteran
    May 19, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Before I got a carto-tank, I used to keep about 7 bogelr's in rotation. Filled them 2-3 times a day using the condom method w/ 13drops per carto. Maybe lasted 1/2hr-45min each?

Yep, that's about how long they are lasting me too.

Thanks everyone for all your input!
    On the Smoke-tec resurrectors, is a big bore cone necessary or will they fit the standard one from my kit?
    I do like them but also liking the clearomizers too. Might try them both!

I am trying to get to 0 nic. Been working on that for the last 9 months; slowly creeping down to it so I'd rather vape often than raise the level. Yeah, it's not easy but I am one determined woman? lol I plan on vaping at 0.

As far as the composition of the juice, I have some that are a blend, PG/VG and some that are 100% VG from Virgin Vapor. The blend is definitely thinner and that's the one I go through more quickly and will leak. I'd like to go 100% VG (my preference) but the blend is my all day vape flavor. I need to try some of the sweet tobaccos from over on that thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../303299-sweet-tobacco-suggestions-please.html. I'm waiting for a honey flavored juice I'll be mixing with a tobacco when it arrives. Tried a lot of sweet and fruity flavors but need a bit of tobacco taste :p

SkyDancer

ECF Veteran
    May 19, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Unfortunately some reports lately of Boges tasting strange. Yes they only take 20 drops= 1 ml.

I've found the perfect carto for the Kgo are the Smok Tech XL single coil 1.7 aka Resurector cartos. They hold 1.8 ml juice but are a little longer. I began with Boge cartos, next Ressurector XL cartos, next carto+tank and now am using the V2 clearomizers. If refilling is a problem I would suggest the V2 clearomizers with the new longer wick- very easy to refill and looks cool. Best price I've found http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?pag...color_plus.tpl&product_id=1156&category_id=21
    Also if you are vaping lots have you considered upping your nic level a touch? Whether you're vaping 6 mg or 8 mg your body is going to be demanding a certain amount of nicotine and will get it. I tried going down to 6 mg but was vaping far too much- my body wasn't ready for it yet IMO.
    Good Luck.

and those V2 clearomizers are soooo pretty! hehe... definitely need a few of those

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    I'm using a Prosmoke, yeah I know...but I like the form factor and auto operation. Check to make sure the poly fiber is high enough in the cart to be contacted by the wick. I was having the same problem with the Prosmoke and that fixed it. I normally use 15 drops and fill 30-40 carts at a time, which lasts me about a week. I have ordered a Volt and hope I get better battery life from it.

iowajosh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    iowa
    Good morning All!

I just received my kgo this week along with Boge 510 cartos. I'm observing some things I don't like and need advice.

2. I'm looking at getting some Boge 510 XL along with a big bore cone. Will this work better for me or do I need to go to one of those acrylic cartos. I do want to stay small in overall size.
    3. I'm not sure if I got some duds on the cartos or if this is typical.
    4. I'm down to 6 mg of nic so I vape often. Is this why I'm running out of juice so quickly? I'm guessing so but not sure.
    5. BTW LOVE THE K-GO! just not these cartos...

Thanks for reading!

You need a bottom feeder or a tank. That is what they are for. Less fuss and you don't have to keep that juice bottle in your pocket.

SkyDancer

ECF Veteran
    May 19, 2012
    Oklahoma
    Good morning Sky...I found the Smoketech 2.5ml. (resurrectors) that I love. They hold quite a bit of juice & have great, full taste. I'm sure you'll get tons of different opinions from everyone, however, this is my new favorite. Good luck on your search & enjoy your new Kgo. BTW - I get mine at www.crystalclearvaping.com

Thanks moishesmom! Can you tell me if the ones you mentioned, I believe it's this one Crystal Clear Vaping will fit through the regular kgo cone? I'm trying to make a choice between yours and the ones here Crystal Clear Vaping . I think are the same but yours hold more. I watched pbusardo's youtube review of the resurrectors 1.7 and they look great. I'd like to get the ones you mentioned but want them to fit my cone.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2011
    Toronto, Ont.
    I've used these on my Kgo and they fit but I use the Stainless ones. A friend had probs with the black ones fitting into the cone. Haven't used the Jumbo Crystal Clear Vaping but looks like you may need a large cone. Here's the Stainless ones that I use.
    Crystal Clear Vaping
    If you do plan on getting a tank later understand the black paper covered cartos will not work- they must be the stainless steel.

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    Do you just really like the look of the battery with the cone on it? I bought a cone separate, and found that for me, I like the look better without the cone. I have a Riva (kgo clone) 1100mah, and now I just use the cone to screw onto the battery that just came off the charger so I always know which one is freshly charged. In case I take off whatever carto I was using and don't put another one right away.

Also, since you're interested in some of the clearos, I would suggest getting some of those before really stocking up on more of the filler cartos. I found pretty quickly that I really had issues with the filler type cartos (like the boges) Some folks love em and that's great, but just weren't for me. Seemed like every hit was scratchy and dry. Since I can't afford to get into the tank stuff for now, the clearos are definitely way better for me. I've tried two types, the stardust CE4 type/ego vision type, and the ce3 syringe type/phoenix. I looked at videos of several different ones, and chose what I thought would best suit me. Even though some of the videos can be mind numbingly boring, I like them, because you get to see first hand how someone fills, vapes, cleans etc each type, and you hear more about the pros and cons. What some may see as a con, may not bother you at all, and vice versa. Some hate the idea of using a syringe to fill, but don't mind going through an act of congress to clean one. I'm just the opposite. I'll syringe fill til the cows come home, but I don't want to have to feel like I'm rebuiding a carburetor just to clean the silly thing or change juice. With many choices you're bound to find the perfect thing for you if you keep looking and trying. Good luck.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 27, 2012
    west bloomfield
    Thanks moishesmom! Can you tell me if the ones you mentioned, I believe it's this one Crystal Clear Vaping will fit through the regular kgo cone? I'm trying to make a choice between yours and the ones here Crystal Clear Vaping . I think are the same but yours hold more. I watched pbusardo's youtube review of the resurrectors 1.7 and they look great. I'd like to get the ones you mentioned but want them to fit my cone.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Hi Sky....I use the 2 different ones from crystal clear. The stainless one says (510...1.7) resurrector, that one, I believe holds 1.8 ml. & I use that in a sub tank from M&P. The black one they call the Jumbo resurrecter & holds 2.5. They're both awesome, IMHO, taste great & I've already cleaned some & they're like brand new (kinda). I'm using them approx. 1 week before they get cleaned & buying them by the bundle & w/the free shipping - I'm happy. As far as the 'cone' I'm sorry I can't help you since I don't use one........

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread