Vaping Straight Glycerin -- Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Sessler

Feb 15, 2017
Have you ever been walking through CVS Pharmacy and noticed the "pure glycerin" bottles? And y'know, glycerin is in vape juice, so is it the same stuff?
Yes, it's the same stuff, just without any additives (flavoring or nicotine bases)
The flavor of the glycerin is strangely plain besides a slight hint of sweetness, and its aroma is nonexistent. The glycerin produces huge amounts of vapor with my mod (a dripper, using a KBOX 200 and a Troll RDA.). At as little as 30 watts, it can produce massive clouds with almost zero effort. On a tank style atomizer, however, I find that the glycerin is ever so slightly too thick to flow nicely into the coils, and some liquid may come onto your tongue (it doesn't taste too bad) and I find that dissatisfactory. To fix this? All you need to do is add just a few drops (3-4 drops) of distilled water to the bottle that the glycerin came in (the one I got is 200ml), adjust accordingly for larger or smaller bottles of course, and vape away. You want flavorings or nicotine? I personally have no idea how to get nicotine base, I can't find it online, but vaporizer-safe flavor additives can be found very easily online (Amazon.com, E-bay, etc.) and to use them just add a small amount at first, a few drops, then test your new juice. Continue adding flavor until you are satisfied, then vape away.
This is my first post on this forum, so please give me feedback as to what I can do to improve my posts.
-Bryan S.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
You want flavorings or nicotine? I personally have no idea how to get nicotine base, I can't find it online, but vaporizer-safe flavor additives can be found very easily online (Amazon.com, E-bay, etc.) and to use them just add a small amount at first, a few drops, then test your new juice. Continue adding flavor until you are satisfied, then vape away.

Finding where to buy nic base and flavorings used in making one's own eliquid can be found easily right here on the ECF in many many posts in the DIY E-Liquid forum. Sources are also found by looking at the ads on the ECF from RTS Vapes and many others.

Any/all flavorings sold on eBay, Amazon, etc. are not made for, nor safe to use for, vaping. Best to buy them from websites that specialize in DIY vaping products for making eliquid.

There are also entire discussions about eliquid calculators and how to use them when making eliquids. It's best to use one of them, and know you've got the proper/safe amounts of the various ingredients (PG, VG, nic base, flavorings)...than to just guess, IMO.

I hope that helps you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread