Vaping while lying down hurts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beka

Dec 6, 2019
Hi everyone, I’ve been vaping for almost 6 years. It wasn’t this way in the beginning, but if I lay on my back now, even with a few pillows, it hurts to vape lying down. I use Apollo products based out of California and vape at around 80W most of the time. It’s starting to worry me. Has anyone else experienced this?

Beka

Dec 6, 2019
I vape under 20w and use temp control, so 80w seems like a hot vape to me. Are you doing lung inhales? Any THC? And, assuming you have quit, how long did you previously smoke cigarettes? Anyway, only a few considerations. However, you really need to ask your doctor this question.
People don’t inhale vapes? Of course I inhale it. No THC. Smoked for 5 years in my teens-early 20s. I haven’t smoked in years.

Beka

Dec 6, 2019
So just vape standing up ;)
If you want use to take this seriously, please be more specific. Where it hurts, how it hurts, what and how much do you vape? How many ml a day and how strong of nic (mg/ml)
How old were you when you started vaping? (that's a trick question)

IT HURTS MY LUNGS. All of you need to stop being so .... hurt about vaping being bad for you (bc it is btw). All I’m saying is it hurts me lying down. I’m not asking for medical advice. I’m just saying it hurts.. like a strong burning feeling. I vape 6mg/ml.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I haven't given up on you just yet (please understand we get many people that come on here and seem to blame every issue they have on vaping so some of us get really annoyed with it... like someone is ... with us or just trying to give vaping a bad rep)
It only happens when you are lying down and vape? Does it taste more bitter than ususal? What device are you using (the more info, the more we can help you)? Maybe it's "flooding" and you are getting some actual juice not just vapor. 80 watts could be too high for your setup/coil. As mentioned, could actually be "acid reflux" type thing triggered by too much vaping. How many times do you fill your tank (I know... 20 questions) In other words, how many ml total do you vape a day. 6 mg is a good choice and shouldn't be a problem. BTW, calling people "dumb" won't help (it's sort of like a slap in the face... all you will get is slapped back ;) )

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Maybe it's "flooding" and you are getting some actual juice not just vapor.

My guess would be the opposite. When you lie down, your vape tilts, reducing the liquid flow to below what's needed to maintain 80 watts. The vapour from the starved coil is then overheated or burnt, causing discomfort when inhaled.

• Agree
Reactions: DeloresRose

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
People don’t inhale vapes? Of course I inhale it. No THC. Smoked for 5 years in my teens-early 20s. I haven’t smoked in years.

No, I don't inhale. Draw to the back of my throat, hold as desired, and exhale. Most nicotine from vaping is absorbed though mouth and gum so not really necessary. French exhale if you want a bit more. Plenty use this practice. Have to train yourself to break old habits but after a couple weeks you won't even think about it. Many quit cigarettes with vaping and then quit vaping. Not sure I am in latter category and only time will tell. In the meantime, I am very conscious of vape safety - and happy that I don't smoke! GL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread