The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping while lying down hurts

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by Beka, Dec 6, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Beka

Beka Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Hi everyone, I’ve been vaping for almost 6 years. It wasn’t this way in the beginning, but if I lay on my back now, even with a few pillows, it hurts to vape lying down. I use Apollo products based out of California and vape at around 80W most of the time. It’s starting to worry me. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    No! This is new!
    Im going to go and lie down and vape.
    I will report back soon.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Beka

Beka Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Jebbn, I’m not joking.

4. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Try going back to the watts you were vaping at 6 years ago.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Beka

Beka Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    How do go from 80w back to 10w? I feel like I’m trying to suck the .... out of my vape lol.

6. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    So just vape standing up ;)
    If you want use to take this seriously, please be more specific. Where it hurts, how it hurts, what and how much do you vape? How many ml a day and how strong of nic (mg/ml)
    How old were you when you started vaping? (that's a trick question)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Don29palms

Don29palms Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Jesus H Christ! What in the hell is wrong with you people? GO SEE A FREAKING DOCTOR AND QUIT ASKING FOR MEDICAL ADVICE ON A WEBSITE!

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. LoveVanilla

LoveVanilla Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    I vape under 20w and use temp control, so 80w seems like a hot vape to me. Are you doing lung inhales? Any THC? And, assuming you have quit, how long did you previously smoke cigarettes? Anyway, only a few considerations. However, you really need to ask your doctor this question.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Beka

Beka Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Your dumb. I wasn’t looking for medical advice. You must have read my post wrong.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Beka

Beka Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    People don’t inhale vapes? Of course I inhale it. No THC. Smoked for 5 years in my teens-early 20s. I haven’t smoked in years.

11. Beka

Beka Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    IT HURTS MY LUNGS. All of you need to stop being so butt hurt about vaping being bad for you (bc it is btw). All I’m saying is it hurts me lying down. I’m not asking for medical advice. I’m just saying it hurts.. like a strong burning feeling. I vape 6mg/ml.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    *You're*
    "*You are* dumb"

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    GERD's is a thing...
    You're older
    Vaping can affect your gastro system.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Haktuspit

Haktuspit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Reminds me of when I used to tell my father "Dad it hurts when I push on this spot on my arm." and he'd reply "So don't push there anymore, problem solved."

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Don29palms

Don29palms Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Asking for medical advice is exactly what you are doing. If you're having pain go see a doctor or are you too dumb to understand that concept?

• Like Like x 2
  16. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I haven't given up on you just yet (please understand we get many people that come on here and seem to blame every issue they have on vaping so some of us get really annoyed with it... like someone is ... with us or just trying to give vaping a bad rep)
    It only happens when you are lying down and vape? Does it taste more bitter than ususal? What device are you using (the more info, the more we can help you)? Maybe it's "flooding" and you are getting some actual juice not just vapor. 80 watts could be too high for your setup/coil. As mentioned, could actually be "acid reflux" type thing triggered by too much vaping. How many times do you fill your tank (I know... 20 questions) In other words, how many ml total do you vape a day. 6 mg is a good choice and shouldn't be a problem. BTW, calling people "dumb" won't help (it's sort of like a slap in the face... all you will get is slapped back ;) )

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    My guess would be the opposite. When you lie down, your vape tilts, reducing the liquid flow to below what's needed to maintain 80 watts. The vapour from the starved coil is then overheated or burnt, causing discomfort when inhaled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. LoveVanilla

LoveVanilla Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Texas
    No, I don't inhale. Draw to the back of my throat, hold as desired, and exhale. Most nicotine from vaping is absorbed though mouth and gum so not really necessary. French exhale if you want a bit more. Plenty use this practice. Have to train yourself to break old habits but after a couple weeks you won't even think about it. Many quit cigarettes with vaping and then quit vaping. Not sure I am in latter category and only time will tell. In the meantime, I am very conscious of vape safety - and happy that I don't smoke! GL

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. susieqz

susieqz Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2018
    high plains
    going to the doc is not always worthwhile.
    i'm having lung problems too, but if i tell the doc i vape, she'll just tell me i need to quit.
    i already know this, so that's no help.

if i could quit, i would.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    My Mama always used to say…if it hurts, don't do it.

Good luck. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2