Vaping With Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

0mg

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ravens Country!!!
Hi Everyone:

I'm starting this thread to get thoughts and ideas about finding ways to vape water instead of PG or VG in our personal vaporizers.

Other than a hookah, what types of devices can be modded to accomplish this effectively???

What would need to be accomplished to get all the flavor and vapor production that we currently receive from PG or VG???

I am hoping this thread will inspire thoughts and ideas that will one day make this a reality.

I look forward to reading everyone's feedback.

-0mg

Last edited:

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
water alone is not thick enough nor makes smoke like vapor, hence the reason they use PG in fog machines, humidifiers, nebulizers, etc. Also, water completely dilutes flavor where PG/VG is a flavor carrier....Try putting just water in uur atty---youll see what I mean ;) Ive tried it :)

good Luck in ur search and if you DO come up w a way, please post bc I, myself would be super interested in trying it out :D

Rachus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Indiana, USA
...Try putting just water in uur atty---youll see what I mean ;) Ive tried it..."

Hey crashtestjeep -- just curious, did you notice or detect vaping pure water damaged or degraded the atty in any way? I'm about to test a theory on using distilled water to steam-clean the atty...Unless you've heard other people trying this.

laverty

Jan 5, 2010
tri-states, mi
Hey crashtestjeep -- just curious, did you notice or detect vaping pure water damaged or degraded the atty in any way? I'm about to test a theory on using distilled water to steam-clean the atty...Unless you've heard other people trying this.

Bump...because I am wondering if using high(er) water content will help atty life!

Bagazo

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
I have been moding an ultrasonic humidifier. It does create a fog for inhaling but theres nothing when you exhale. Might be better at getting the nic into the bloodstream? If the visual thing is important to you then it could be a problem but if you have a problem with PG or VG then it may not be so important.

Something like these:
The Green Head - Boston Innovative Products Comfort Mist Humidifier

Last edited:

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
I have been moding an ultrasonic humidifier. It does create a fog for inhaling but theres nothing when you exhale. Might be better at getting the nic into the bloodstream? If the visual thing is important to you then it could be a problem but if you have a problem with PG or VG then it may not be so important.

Something like these:
The Green Head - Boston Innovative Products Comfort Mist Humidifier

Vaping e-liquid? Vaping something with nicotine content? Can you give some more details on how this is done.

Bagazo

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Vaping e-liquid? Vaping something with nicotine content? Can you give some more details on how this is done.

Actually I have not done much with it. Check post #9 on this thread. The main mod was taking the power supply and the ultrasonic element out of the huge water tank but I didn't do much after that.

Even if you do nothing to it you should be able to drip/pour a bit on the ultrasonic element and create vapor. Like I said I can't get e-juice so I don't know how this works but I do know that 50/50 PG and water created vapor with no problem. 100% PG doesn't make vapor.

0mg

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ravens Country!!!
Um, what? A hookah doesn't vaporize water. You're inhaling smoke.

Nature Boy:

Your right, I should have been more exact in my description for the hookah smoking experience.

Smoke gets filtered through water thus producing an extremely smooth low nicotine smoke experience.

However, nothing is vaporized and you still inhale smoke.

Thank you for pointing this out.

My desire is to use a universally palatable base for flavoring and nicotine to reduce bad reactions to PG and VG but still retain or enhance that "Hookah like" smoke experience.

Bagazo

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Instead of interesting, I think a little in left field. JMO. May as well bath in it, make candy with it, use as barbarque sauce, etc. Just my ideas on issue, I think idea is to replace smoking. A mist in face is not my recollection of the smoking experience. For some - maybe - but not me. JMO.

Well the mod would be to install a tube to direct the mist into the mouth/lungs. Could probably go the NicksVap3 way and chase the dragon with a straw to test it out. At least it would not be a spoon over a flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread