The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vapor Flask

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by sb713, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FogArtist

FogArtist Full Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    I'd be wary of owning any VF device personally. I have 2 DNA40 Flasks, neither worked properly for more than 8 weeks with minimal use.

I had a death in my family, and didn't get around to dealing with getting them fixed until after the warranty period had expired. I've now sent 5 emails to them, all of which were (eventually) responded to, with promises of an RMA form to come.

It's going on 6 months since I first contacted them (Through Facebook of course). Still have 2 Flasks with the weak battery issues that plagued many of these units early on. Have never told them I expect them to honor the warranty, I just wanted the devices fixed.

As of today I'm writing them off. Both the one I purchased and the one I received as a gift. Upwards of $700 spent in total. Unquestionably the worst purchase I've made in my 2+ years of vaping. From cosmetic flaws of of the box, to the mechanical issues that developed in fairly short order, to complete apathy by VF's customer support, a disaster in most every way.

I get that my experience is (I assume) in the extreme minority, certainly there's a level of borderline fanaticism with these mods. Just be aware that not everyone has enjoyed their VF ownership experience...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2. Caterpiller

Caterpiller Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2015
    Malaysia
    @FogArtist

Have you tried tightening down the hex screws on the top of the VF DNA40's.

I found this completely fixed the weak battery issue I had with one of mine.

3. FogArtist

FogArtist Full Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    Thanks for responding, I really appreciate it. I read about that as a possible fix earlier. I was reluctant to try it during the warranty period just in case it didn't work for obvious reasons, but at this point I'm willing to do about anything to get these running correctly.

Anyone know what size and type of driver I need to try to tighten them? Will do some homework and figure it out...

4. sedge

sedge Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    Palm Springs, CA
    Hex Driver Size

Vapor Flask

• Like Like x 1
  5. Caterpiller

Apr 3, 2015
    Malaysia
    Looks like @sedge has it for you at 1.3mm.

I just rumbled through the hex keys in my vape box that came with various RTA's and found one that fit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FogArtist

FogArtist Full Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    Thank you all, much appreciated! We'll see how things go...

7. diamondlvr
    This message by diamondlvr has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Feb 28, 2016, Reason: Can't discuss this in the open forum.
    Feb 28, 2016
  8. Caterpiller

Apr 3, 2015
    Malaysia
    Hey @FogArtist how did you get on with the weak battery fix?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.