Status
Not open for further replies.

Riblet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2015
LBC
What's happened to all the VF-SX350J's?

Although I registered my email with VF a while ago, they've not responded, and not provided a password to their website.

I just went to see what was happening, and apart from needing to enter my birth date to 'prove' I'm over 18, there's no password control.

I'm on the site now. They are currently promoting the following:

VF-SX350J (Sold Out)
Brillipower IMR18650 3100mah 40a (Sold Out)
Vapor Flask Tees (Sold Out)
Kanger Subtank OCC coils 5pack (Sold Out)
Kangertech Subtank Mini (Sold Out)
Trinity Glass tank Subtank Mini (Sold Out)

And nothing else!?!

So what's happened to the VF-SX350J?
They're not for sale to the public yet, they had a presale for the owners group.

Riblet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2015
LBC
029a5bdeb75151f5d6d6ce0fefb09630.jpg
I'm liking mine, I believe they said they should be out in a few weeks.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
They're not for sale to the public yet, they had a presale for the owners group.
That's aggravating.... I own four flasks & have been looking forward to another but because I refuse to hang out on [HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG] I lose out.

Tsk-tsk.

I doubt I'm the only grown-up that wont play their [HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG] games. Maybe we should all find a more reasonable company to support.

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Agreed @Scottitude

I'm never going to open a [HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG] account.

Nothing wrong with companies using [HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG] as part of their overall marketing and communications, but when it's their primary way of communicating, it is quite frustrating.

Reactions: HolmanGT

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
That's aggravating.... I own four flasks & have been looking forward to another but because I refuse to hang out on [HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG] I lose out.

Tsk-tsk.

I doubt I'm the only grown-up that wont play their [HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG] games. Maybe we should all find a more reasonable company to support.

They wanted to support the owners group by releasing the first 300 to help work out any of the kinks before the retail release. Some of those folks from the pre-order are still waiting (mostly due to international shipping/customs).
They're being released to the public in the next two weeks.

So you missed out on owning an SX Flask for a couple weeks at the most. :glare:
During the pre-order, they were are able to test the web-store, establish a troubleshooting guide for the new chip, and collect feedback from current users.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
Reasonable for users of [HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG], perhaps, but not for anyone else.

The more I see companies focus on [HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG] marketing, the less business I give them.

Manufacturers, designers, programmers, and product development teams beta tested for years without a walled garden of cool kids.

[HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG] is today's AOL and has no interest in anything except convincing people to joyfully expose very aspect of their lives to make huge profits off of users' needs to have "friends" and validate themselves with "likes".

Reactions: TKS

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan, yearning for home
Reasonable for users of [HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG], perhaps, but not for anyone else.

The more I see companies focus on [HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG] marketing, the less business I give them.

Manufacturers, designers, programmers, and product development teams beta tested for years without a walled garden of cool kids.

[HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG] is today's AOL and has no interest in anything except convincing people to joyfully expose very aspect of their lives to make huge profits off of users' needs to have "friends" and validate themselves with "likes".

THIS! I am one of the few I suppose, who never has and never will have a facebook, even growing up with it and being of the appropriate age... using facebook to do business is a great way to alienate customers, and is very IMHO unprofessional.

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
Who makes the real vaportflask? Is it vapor shark? I apologize if this seems like a strange post, but I am confused with who actually makes the authentic product. I see them for around 189 dollars and also at 299. The Grimmgreen video lists vaperev.com but it 404s.

Vapor Flask manufactured both the Vapor Flask DN30 v1, and the Vapor Flask DNA40 v2, and v2.1's, in the US.

They then sold the license to manufacture the VF-DNA40 to Vapor Shark, who made some modifications, and went on to manufacture the Vapor Shark Vapor Flask in China.

Vapor Flasks retail for $299
Vapor Shark Vapor Flask retail between $159 to $189

Vapor Flask are now manufacturing the new Vapor Flask SX350J. I've also heard rumours of a possible Vapor Flask DNA200, which would b limited to 130w due to the dual 18650's.

Well, it needs fixing so I'm going to have to send it. The customer service representative said that it should be returned within two weeks after receipt. That's a long time without my flask.
I'm really concerned. I have 2 DNA40 units (By accident, got one as a gift). Neither worked for longer than 2 months before developing problems.

It's only been 2 days since my email to them asking for help, but it appears the days of that legendary VF customer support may be over.

My one experience with Vapor Shark was awful. An order for a DNA, skin, and more arrived without the box of Kanger nickel coils I ordered. They demanded I send all kinds of pictures and doc scans to start the resolution process, which was evidently not going to be anything resembling quick.

Like I'm going to order a 3 figure device and accessories, then try to screw them out of a $15 box of coils. Sheesh.

If that's where this experience ends up, my flask will go down as the worst vaping related purchase I've made. Fingers are crossed that it doesn't...

Flaskmaster

Oct 27, 2015
Wisconsin
I bought my first one, DNA40 v2.1 and with a boneheaded move while drowsy before bed put one battery in correctly and the second reversed. This fried the board although it did still work on one battery only. I immediately bought a second Flask. The bad one went in for repair; it was just when the switch to Vaporshark for servicing was happening. This resulted in about a two week delay.

Finally received the repaired Flask, used it for about a day and the USB charge port charge indicator stayed on even when not charging. At the same time my bank froze my credit card. It seems I was a victim of the Vaporshark breach of security. Lots of charges in Florida on my account, I live in Wisconsin. So I had to straighten that all out then I had to send the repaired Flask back to Vaporshark again!

I indicated in my communication with Vaporshark I was a victim and was terrified to do business with them. Their response was that I would have to prove the theft was on them, that it could have happened another place the card was used. I ignored the reply, got the RMA and did not have to pay for the USB fix. I have been using it for a few weeks now and it is working well. After all this Vaporshark finally sent an email to their customers fessing up that they had a security breach.

I can't say that my Flasks are a bad purchase since I love them so much. But it is definitely a concern having Vaporshark as the only place to get them serviced now and I can't blame anyone for taking that into account. VS owners are in the same boat too.

I am fortunate in that I can work on mine myself. Many cannot. I just chose to send mine back in to keep the warranty intact this time. Next time (hopefully there isn't a next time) I will fix it myself. Vaporflask made a bad decision on this.

crixer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2011
Atlanta
Okay, I bit the bullet and bought two used v2.1 authentic DNA40 models. One is in decent shape but a little scuffed because it took a tumble down some stairs (I will use a wrap I guess), the other is near mint. I spent about $270 for both. I basically want to test them out and see if I like them. I am not afraid of repairing/modding them myself if I need to. Soldering is much easier than trying to get a Kayfun v4 wicking perfectly it seems!

Caterpiller, Thanks for the explanation. I was having a rough time understanding the back story on the VaporFlasks.

Reactions: Caterpiller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread