The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vapor Flask

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by sb713, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Riblet

Riblet Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2015
    LBC
    They're not for sale to the public yet, they had a presale for the owners group.

2. Riblet

Riblet Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2015
    LBC
    [​IMG] I'm liking mine, I believe they said they should be out in a few weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Scottitude

Scottitude Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    Metro Detroit
    That's aggravating.... I own four flasks & have been looking forward to another but because I refuse to hang out on [HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG] I lose out.

Tsk-tsk.

I doubt I'm the only grown-up that wont play their [HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG] games. Maybe we should all find a more reasonable company to support.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Caterpiller

Caterpiller Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2015
    Malaysia
    @Riblet

Any chance of a quick review?

Can you compare the finish, the button, the stainless bottom cap, etc.. to the v2.1?

What's the screen and menu like?

And more photo's please!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Caterpiller

Apr 3, 2015
    Malaysia
    Agreed @Scottitude

I'm never going to open a [HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG] account.

Nothing wrong with companies using [HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG] as part of their overall marketing and communications, but when it's their primary way of communicating, it is quite frustrating.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mitey F

Mitey F Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Are Vapor Shark flasks welcome here? Because after owning one for a few days, I'm absolutely in love.

7. V43L1N

V43L1N Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2014
    So. MD
    They wanted to support the owners group by releasing the first 300 to help work out any of the kinks before the retail release. Some of those folks from the pre-order are still waiting (mostly due to international shipping/customs).
    They're being released to the public in the next two weeks.

So you missed out on owning an SX Flask for a couple weeks at the most. :glare:
    During the pre-order, they were are able to test the web-store, establish a troubleshooting guide for the new chip, and collect feedback from current users.

Seems pretty reasonable to me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Scottitude

Aug 18, 2010
    Metro Detroit
    Reasonable for users of [HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG], perhaps, but not for anyone else.

The more I see companies focus on [HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG] marketing, the less business I give them.

Manufacturers, designers, programmers, and product development teams beta tested for years without a walled garden of cool kids.

[HASHTAG]#douchebook[/HASHTAG] is today's AOL and has no interest in anything except convincing people to joyfully expose very aspect of their lives to make huge profits off of users' needs to have "friends" and validate themselves with "likes".

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mitey F

Mitey F Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

THIS! I am one of the few I suppose, who never has and never will have a facebook, even growing up with it and being of the appropriate age... using facebook to do business is a great way to alienate customers, and is very IMHO unprofessional.

• Like Like x 5
  10. sedge

sedge Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    Palm Springs, CA
    I have a Vapor Flask v2 DNA40 in need of repair purchased Jan 2015. What is the best contact method to get an RMA?

Only one battery port is working. Power is only being drawn from one side. The other side the battery remains fully charged.

Thank you.

11. Scottitude

Aug 18, 2010
    Metro Detroit
  12. sedge

Jan 8, 2012
    Palm Springs, CA
    Cool. Thank you I was wondering if that was still active or if vapor shark was handling everything now. I certainly hope not. This is not a vapor shark vapor flask.

13. crixer

crixer Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Atlanta
    Who makes the real vaportflask? Is it vapor shark? I apologize if this seems like a strange post, but I am confused with who actually makes the authentic product. I see them for around 189 dollars and also at 299. The Grimmgreen video lists vaperev.com but it 404s.

14. Caterpiller

Apr 3, 2015
    Malaysia
    Vapor Flask manufactured both the Vapor Flask DN30 v1, and the Vapor Flask DNA40 v2, and v2.1's, in the US.

They then sold the license to manufacture the VF-DNA40 to Vapor Shark, who made some modifications, and went on to manufacture the Vapor Shark Vapor Flask in China.

Vapor Flasks retail for $299
    Vapor Shark Vapor Flask retail between $159 to $189

Vapor Flask are now manufacturing the new Vapor Flask SX350J. I've also heard rumours of a possible Vapor Flask DNA200, which would b limited to 130w due to the dual 18650's.

• Like Like x 2
  15. sedge

Jan 8, 2012
    Palm Springs, CA
    Just as I feared. Vapor shark is doing all service on former vapor flasks.

16. jazzvaper

jazzvaper Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2014
    USA
    Be interested to hear your result.

Mine: not good, so far...

17. sedge

Jan 8, 2012
    Palm Springs, CA
    Well, it needs fixing so I'm going to have to send it. The customer service representative said that it should be returned within two weeks after receipt. That's a long time without my flask.

18. FogArtist

FogArtist Full Member

Jun 21, 2014
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    I'm really concerned. I have 2 DNA40 units (By accident, got one as a gift). Neither worked for longer than 2 months before developing problems.

It's only been 2 days since my email to them asking for help, but it appears the days of that legendary VF customer support may be over.

My one experience with Vapor Shark was awful. An order for a DNA, skin, and more arrived without the box of Kanger nickel coils I ordered. They demanded I send all kinds of pictures and doc scans to start the resolution process, which was evidently not going to be anything resembling quick.

Like I'm going to order a 3 figure device and accessories, then try to screw them out of a $15 box of coils. Sheesh.

If that's where this experience ends up, my flask will go down as the worst vaping related purchase I've made. Fingers are crossed that it doesn't...

19. Flaskmaster

Flaskmaster Senior Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I bought my first one, DNA40 v2.1 and with a boneheaded move while drowsy before bed put one battery in correctly and the second reversed. This fried the board although it did still work on one battery only. I immediately bought a second Flask. The bad one went in for repair; it was just when the switch to Vaporshark for servicing was happening. This resulted in about a two week delay.

Finally received the repaired Flask, used it for about a day and the USB charge port charge indicator stayed on even when not charging. At the same time my bank froze my credit card. It seems I was a victim of the Vaporshark breach of security. Lots of charges in Florida on my account, I live in Wisconsin. So I had to straighten that all out then I had to send the repaired Flask back to Vaporshark again!

I indicated in my communication with Vaporshark I was a victim and was terrified to do business with them. Their response was that I would have to prove the theft was on them, that it could have happened another place the card was used. I ignored the reply, got the RMA and did not have to pay for the USB fix. I have been using it for a few weeks now and it is working well. After all this Vaporshark finally sent an email to their customers fessing up that they had a security breach.

I can't say that my Flasks are a bad purchase since I love them so much. But it is definitely a concern having Vaporshark as the only place to get them serviced now and I can't blame anyone for taking that into account. VS owners are in the same boat too.

I am fortunate in that I can work on mine myself. Many cannot. I just chose to send mine back in to keep the warranty intact this time. Next time (hopefully there isn't a next time) I will fix it myself. Vaporflask made a bad decision on this.

20. crixer

crixer Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Atlanta
    Okay, I bit the bullet and bought two used v2.1 authentic DNA40 models. One is in decent shape but a little scuffed because it took a tumble down some stairs (I will use a wrap I guess), the other is near mint. I spent about $270 for both. I basically want to test them out and see if I like them. I am not afraid of repairing/modding them myself if I need to. Soldering is much easier than trying to get a Kayfun v4 wicking perfectly it seems!

Caterpiller, Thanks for the explanation. I was having a rough time understanding the back story on the VaporFlasks.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.