VaporBomb - 30mL eJuice Contest: How do YOU explain an e-cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kslice917

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
North Canton, OH, USA
Hello ECF Community!

Here comes another contest from your favorite ejuice vendor - VaporBomb! So here's some back-story for you to get things started:

I actually used to use an eGo-styled battery and really liked the idea of carrying it around on a lanyard instead of having it sit awkwardly in my pants pocket. But too often would I go into a gas station or convenience store with this awkward looking device hanging from my neck. Naturally, it raised questions. The most common of which was, "What is that thing?" I usually just told people it was an e-cigarette and they would understand...well, their version of what they thought an e-cig was (which was most likely a cig-a-like). Some would be happy with this answer, some would ask, "Why is it so big?" I didn't mind answering these questions the first few times; but after a while, it became quite a hassle.

So here's the contest part...

I know you guys have had experiences similar to this, so I want to know:

When somebody asks you what your PV is, what do you normally tell them? What is their response, if any?
Now here are the rules for the contest:

1. [*=left]To enter the contest, simply post an answer to the above question.
    [*=left]Only 1 entry per person, please. Feel free to make comments on others' submissions, but know that only your 1 submission will qualify.
    [*=left]Have fun!
    [*=left]*ADDED* We do not want to upset the moderators here on ECF - so please be sure to keep the mention of illegal activities out of your posts. Thank you!

*This contest will run for 1 week and will have 3 winners. The winners will be contacted via PM here on ECF so they can specify which flavor of ejuice they would like for their free 30mL bottle. Contest ends on March 31, 2014.

Last edited:

CurlyxCracker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Williamsport, PA
I usually tell everyone it's my vaporizer (I refuse to refer to it as an e cigarette). And explain that it's all food grade (except nicotine of course) and that you can find the ingredients in products we consume every day. And it's usually followed by "Do you want to try it? It's" xxxx" flavored and it's yummy! " I've turned at least 4 people at work into vapers, and have warned them that it'll probably be a new hobby so enjoy your health and the new hobby.

kslice917

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
North Canton, OH, USA
I usually tell everyone it's my vaporizer (I refuse to refer to it as an e cigarette). And explain that it's all food grade (except nicotine of course) and that you can find the ingredients in products we consume every day. And it's usually followed by "Do you want to try it? It's" xxxx" flavored and it's yummy! " I've turned at least 4 people at work into vapers, and have warned them that it'll probably be a new hobby so enjoy your health and the new hobby.

While I do share your view on calling it an e-cigarette (which puts a negative connotation to it), my problem is that most people know what an e-cigarette is. But the moment you say it's a vaporizer, eyebrows get raised - usually for the wrong reason. While I would like to share with people what it really is as opposed to what the general public THINK it is; it can get a bit annoying explaining the whole thing every time somebody asks. But just like you, I've had quite a few smokers try it and make the switch!

K1NGP1N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
Bluegrass State
I just tell people its an e-cig and that its a safe way to get nicotine and helps people get off analogs. I tell them its vapor, not smoke. So many people think that it is smoke. I also tell them you can get all kinds of different flavors and the ingredients are all food based, other than nicotine of course. Sometimes I take it apart and show them how its works and all that good stuff. Most people think its neat. Some people will ask me if you can smoke other things out of it like weed haha.

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe
I tell em in just one word "freedom". Sure they ask what do you mean and I'll tell em in a bunch of other words and explanations of what this and that is and why and how long I smoked till I found these but freedom is what it is for me.They say good for you and some have even switched to e-cigs.Never had a negative response.

traderljp

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
South Florida
I usually say that it is really like one of those e-cig things they see on the Blu ads, but way better. If given the chance I'll explain the major differences, such as batter life/power/adaptability and hope that they have a spark of interest. They usually get it, but often with a bit of doubt about if they would like to deal with the size.

kslice917

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2013
North Canton, OH, USA
I tell em in just one word "freedom". Sure they ask what do you mean and I'll tell em in a bunch of other words and explanations of what this and that is and why and how long I smoked till I found these but freedom is what it is for me.They say good for you and some have even switched to e-cigs.Never had a negative response.

I always love your responses, Ding! They are so creative. With an answer like that, it's a good way to get people more interested. Though a semi-long explanation is due, I'm sure. :laugh:

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
I tell them it's a vaporizer. It uses flavored liquid nicotine, and turns it into vapor. An advanced e-cigarette.
And depending on there interest and or understanding of that I will get into further explanations. I've had varying reactions from complete amazement, (even converted two people) to total indifference, but most are satisfied with just the basics almost all except for one seemed to understand and accept it as being better than ciggs.

thanks for the contest, good luck everyone

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
It honestly depends on where I am and what I'm using at the time, especially since I use both a "Cig-a-like" KR808 threaded brand and a couple of other more advance 510/eGo type units when I am out in public and still "smoke" too . . . So - I usually just show them the pack of Cigarettes then tell them that I am using this to get off these and hopefully quite smoking cigarettes some day . . . Then if they seem at all interested in finding out/learning more, I tell them what little I know about "e-Cigs", while also try to explain the differences between smoking cigarettes and using an "eCig" to inhale a vapor with nicotine, and then point them in the direction of ECF to even learn more . . . :D

The worst part of all this is when "You" meet up with an "ANTI- Smoking" or the "Holier-then-tho" - I gave up cold turkey so can You - Zealots in public and they ask you the same questions, however they just don't get it no matter what "You" say . . . :mad: :evil:

AND - THANK YOU - for the contest and opportunity to enter . . . :D

JoanJ

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2014
WV
I generally have a cigalike 808 with me with a carto on it and my Triton with a tank of some sort. I look for opportunities to tell people about them and the difference they have made in my life. I tell them about how many less chemicals are in them, tht the exhale doesn't harm those around them, the smell of smokes is gone along with all that goes with that and that yeah, I am still a nic addict but there are worse things I could be and that it isn't harming those around me any longer.

Did a trip to DC last month and would get my last hits in before getting on the hotel bus that was always full and several asked me about sticking my lit cigarette in my purse and would whip it out and start telling them about it. Since coming home, 4 have contacted me to get info on where to get stuff and have either gone to vaping or are doing both. You know that crazy lady that talks to everyone in the produce section???? That be me...

With the holier than thou people.... I tend to ask them if they have any flaws or tell them where the laxative aisle in the store is located.

iota

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
In transit
I've been getting a lot of these questions about my twist and protank2 mini. It is very long, but not too big around (LOL...yeah, I heard myself say it too)! I have never tried a cigalike, but I try to tell people what I was told - which is that they are really not very satisfying and you might as well go for a more substantial device that is more likely to keep you off the cigs. Everyone has been pretty impressed so far and many have asked me where to get one, so I hope some have gone on to try it themselves.

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe
I always love your responses, Ding! They are so creative. With an answer like that, it's a good way to get people more interested. Though a semi-long explanation is due, I'm sure. :laugh:

not an entry but if I'm DQ'd for this post I'll cry like a little girl and take it like a man.

Thanks Kslice.Well I did kinda add some semi short filler words after "freedom" so it would be kinda semi long. :p

It's all in how ya tell your story,to me anyway. You can throw out some words like vaporizer,e-cig,variable voltage or anything else but when ya throw an attention getter out first,you capture their attention and interest.You give them something to think about.Then ya carry on the conversation and explain what this and that is for and why they are used.

Last edited:

remark

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
West Palm Beach, FL
I get those funny looks that always lead to great conversations. One of the greatest things about vaping is sharing this wonderful thing with others. The conversations are always different, but I do advise them not to fall for the ads that show a cig looking product and, for the most part, the reception is good. I have two people at work that are vaping after having seen/talked with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread