Vaporesso Estoc Tank, a genuine Game Changer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Yes, they will fit in the Target line, the Gemini and any other tank that takes the cCell or an Atlantis-style coil. :)

I'm a total newb on this subject matter. When you say "Atlantis-style coil..." are you including in that reference Aspire Atlantis tanks?

Reactions: cooladdict

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2012
    Ontario
    I'm a total newb on this subject matter. When you say "Atlantis-style coil..." are you including in that reference Aspire Atlantis tanks?
    I believe that is correct Tommy-Chi.
    There is a huge list of tanks that take Atlantis type coils like Eleafs EC Heads that are used in all the Melo tanks and many, many others. I'll look for the list.

Edit...here....
    • Aspire Atlantis
    • Aspire Atlantis v2
    • Aspire Atlantis Mega
    • Aspire Triton
    • Aspire Triton 2
    • Eleaf Melo
    • Eleaf Melo 2
    • Eleaf iJust 2
    • Vaporesso TARGET
    • Vaporesso Gemini
    • Beyond Vape Silo Beast
    • Tobeco Super Tank
    • Tobeco Super Tank Mini
    • Playboy Vixen
    • Playboy Vixen mini
    • Amigo Donner 22
    • Amigo Riptide
    • Project Sub-Ohm SAUCECODE
    • Anyvape Segatank
    • Anyvape Furytank
    • SOV Eclipse
    • Smokme Subverter Mini
    • Vaportech Morpheus
    • Vaportech Morpheus 2
    • Ovancl Espole
    • Thunderhead creations Thunderstorm

And there are likely more. Cheers.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    So, essentially you now have a little metal coil head with the guts (wire coil and some sorta wick) that you insert into a larger coil head that fits the tank base? How long do these little coil heads last compared to say a regular coil? I mean, it's not like you're swapping out the wire for a fresh coil or even just rewicking a coil.

Maybe I'm missing something an someone could point it out for me. The only part that is "recycled" is the outer coil shell which does include the screw own base. Everything else, in its own little metal sleeve, gets replaced. How is this different or more efficient than changing out the coil, period?

bwh79

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    So, essentially you now have a little metal coil head with the guts (wire coil and some sorta wick) that you insert into a larger coil head that fits the tank base? How long do these little coil heads last compared to say a regular coil? I mean, it's not like you're swapping out the wire for a fresh coil or even just rewicking a coil.

Maybe I'm missing something an someone could point it out for me. The only part that is "recycled" is the outer coil shell which does include the screw own base. Everything else, in its own little metal sleeve, gets replaced. How is this different or more efficient than changing out the coil, period?
    Exactly what I was thinking. Color me not impressed.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    Yes. The Atlantis coil was the original coil design a lot of other coils are built off of, including the cCell. There are comprehensive lists of tanks that will take an Atlantis-style coil all over the place, but here is a link to a thread that lists some of them:
    Atlantis Coils That Work in Other Tanks

Reactions: Eskie

cooladdict

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation

For ceramics, this is a game changer. Right now you have to throw the entire coil away when it is spent, but with this option you can just change out the ceramic core, which costs less and has less of an impact on the environment. Some of us just aren't into building and rewicking coils, so the cotton and wire option is a great alternative as well.

salemgold

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 5, 2010
    South Carolina

Nope. I don't think that the casing the "guts" are held together in is metal at all. That casing is removed once installed. The OP says this-

"replace only the core of your atomizer (the EUC) by dropping it in and out of its casing within the ESTOC."

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    For ceramics, this is a game changer. Right now you have to throw the entire coil away when it is spent, but with this option you can just change out the ceramic core, which costs less and has less of an impact on the environment. Some of us just aren't into building and rewicking coils, so the cotton and wire option is a great alternative as well.

I'm a newbie to the world of ceramic so help me out on this. You have a wire inside/embedded/wedded in some manner to the ceramic. In some ceramic setups there's even a layer of cotton. Juice is wicked up through the cotton (if there) to ceramic (or straight to ceramic) to wire where it is heated and turned into vapor.

In a "classic" ceramic coil, you have a metal enclosure with some holes in it to let liquid wick in, a base to hold the coil to the base, and a metal contact to complete a circuit to get power flowing through the wire to heat it up and do the whole vape thing. In this setup, you have a metal enclosure with some holes in it for liquid, a base to hold it, and a contact for current. Here, you have a smaller metal tube with holes in it for liquid, and ceramic and wire to make the vape. When it's done, you pull the little metal tube out with the ceramic and wire, toss it for delivery to a landfill in your area, and insert a new little metal tube containing ceramic and a wire.

Other than tossing a smaller metal tube each time and keeping the bit larger metal tube in the tank, where's the savings realized, and how much more environmentally friendly is the little metal tube that gets tossed versus the somewhat bigger metal tube containing the coil you toss out now?

Edit: @salemgold , sorry I hit post before seeing your post. So the metal tube in the photo is just a guide to mount the ceramic, then the tube is removed? Is that tube reusable?

Reactions: cooladdict

cooladdict

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    I'm a newbie to the world of ceramic so help me out on this. You have a wire inside/embedded/wedded in some manner to the ceramic. In some ceramic setups there's even a layer of cotton. Juice is wicked up through the cotton (if there) to ceramic (or straight to ceramic) to wire where it is heated and turned into vapor.

In a "classic" ceramic coil, you have a metal enclosure with some holes in it to let liquid wick in, a base to hold the coil to the base, and a metal contact to complete a circuit to get power flowing through the wire to heat it up and do the whole vape thing. In this setup, you have a metal enclosure with some holes in it for liquid, a base to hold it, and a contact for current. Here, you have a smaller metal tube with holes in it for liquid, and ceramic and wire to make the vape. When it's done, you pull the little metal tube out with the ceramic and wire, toss it for delivery to a landfill in your area, and insert a new little metal tube containing ceramic and a wire.

Other than tossing a smaller metal tube each time and keeping the bit larger metal tube in the tank, where's the savings realized, and how much more environmentally friendly is the little metal tube that gets tossed versus the somewhat bigger metal tube containing the coil you toss out now?

Edit: @salemgold , sorry I hit post before seeing your post. So the metal tube in the photo is just a guide to mount the ceramic, then the tube is removed? Is that tube reusable?
    The thin layer of cotton around the cCell is only there to help with leakage and condensation issues. The cCell is the least leaky of all of the ceramics I have used. The ceramic is actually the wick for the juice. It's baked around the wire (sintering process) so the juice is not heated by the hot wire but rather through the ceramic, which is why the flavor is so much better with these coils.

The Estoc coil replacement is actually very small. It does have a metal housing, but the bulk of the coil is preserved and reused. The price for a 10-pack of replacements is $16 on Heaven Gifts, compared to $18 for a 5-pack of cCells, so the Estoc replacements are actually much more economical. Of course I will have to run them to see if they perform as well as the cCell does, but I have a lot of faith in Vaporesso and I am definitely going to give these a shot! :)
    estoc coil.PNG

cooladdict

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    The cotton within a ceramic head is actually used to keep the juice from leaking out of the ceramic. Not for wicking purposes. It is a very thin layer of cotton used on the outside of the ceramic.
    Oops, you beat me to it! :)

cooladdict

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2012
    Seahawk Nation
    I really like the Vaporesso Target Tanks, have a small pile of them and a growing stash of coils.
    You know getting ready just in case, but this does interest Me. I'll probably end up giving it a try but would like to see some more reviews before I do.
    There should be early reviewer videos soon, I'm thinking. The tanks (Estoc and Mega Estoc) and the coils are still on pre-order at Heaven Gifts and Vapecrawler isn't showing any returns from anyone else. I hope release date is soon! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread