Vaporesso Gen mod firmware update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arko arex

Aug 2, 2020
I see 1.5 was pulled from the official site and 1.4 put in it's stead, though still packed with the 1.5 soft using a non-english installer.

Not sure why they scrapped the 1.3 installer/software (2.1.1 app), as it's the only one that actually worked to customize the logos and whatnot (and still does in 1.4/1.5 firmware) as well as including a Mac .dmg. If anyone wants 1.3 for the installers I've kept a copy and can throw it on mega or something, though I think their support would probably link it too.
can you please give me the link

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Last edited:

Alexanderovici

Aug 5, 2020
A couple of weeks ago I installed v1.5 firmware from the official Vaporesso website. Today I noticed that they removed it and put v1.4 in its place.

My question is if I should keep v1.5 or should I change it to v1.4? Does anyone know if there is any difference between these two versions?

PS: I don't use TC Mode.

Can you share the firmware file?

tydub93

Mar 17, 2014
US
Notes: The Gen S uses the same firmware with the Gen, so this firmware can also be applied to the Gen S mod. So it might display Gen S V1.0 instead of Gen V1.5 for this firmware. But you can tell from the date, the 20200810 one is from August 10th which will be the latest one
Is this firmware update compatible with the gen nano as well? If not, can we get the same updates for the nano?

HKmini

Aug 5, 2020
Notes: The Gen S uses the same firmware with the Gen, so this firmware can also be applied to the Gen S mod. So it might display Gen S V1.0 instead of Gen V1.5 for this firmware. But you can tell from the date, the 20200810 one is from August 10th which will be the latest one

I installed it in my Vaporesso Gen and noticed that the screen now looks like the new Vaporesso Nano. I'm still testing it, but like CroVaper says it would be better that you bring back the puff timer display all the time, the puff counter is not useful to me.

Firmware version says V1.0 but the release date is wrong, it says 2020.06.08, I guess it's June 6, 2020.

So I don't know if it's just the date that's wrong or you uploaded an old firmware instead the 20200810.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CroVaper

CroVaper

Dec 18, 2019
TC mode is still very poor, performance is poor, coil heating is sometimes interrupted during puff, the power cuts off. Sometimes when the button is pressed the coil does not heat up at all and the puff timer counts down the time but nothing happens. Power mode works properly. Extremely bad software for which there is obviously no fix

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I updated the firmware for my Vaporesso GEN mod and now it won't turn on at all. Doesn't do anything no matter what I try to do. Now I am stuck with no vapor at all.

Have you tried reinstalling the firmware?

I understand money is tight and all that, but this is why vapers need at least 2 mods an 2 atomizers.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yes I've tried multiple times and nothing. Now I regret even bothering trying to update the firmware. Ugh this is aggravating.

Sorry to hear that. I hope someone will come a long that can get you back up and running.

That's why I never update manufacturer firmware unless it adds a benefit to me (never found one yet lol). No need to fix what's not broke. Screen "upgrades"/customizations, puff counters, clocks, and all that silly stuff isn't worth chancing turning your mod into a paper weight.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Yes try find older firmware cause I have the Gen also and maybe there is problem with last firmware....I saw people complain and I was scared to try it xD

BTW make sure the zip file u download is not locked before u unzip it...
    Go to the zip file settings from Windows PC and check the box that shows locked and then unzip those files and then flash the firmware....

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    From where? As far as I can tell, Vaporesso only offers the latest update for download, not original versions or older updates...

Vaporesso Downloads, User Manuals and Firmware » Vaporesso

Yeah gonna be hard and risky maybe? Cause I have seen people either in Facebook or other forums share firmware updates of mods....but I feel like the problem is with the lock of zip files....cause even vaporesso mention that in their site that if u don't unlock the zip then u brick your device and I am not sure if u can just unlock it and flash it again and recovery it....I see some people complain about latest gen firmware but I guess if it could brick devices like that would be a huge deal and many people would complain

Reactions: UncLeJunkLe
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread