Vaporesso Gen mod firmware update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Hi new here I have a Axon vaporesso swag 2 and I haven't a clue what I am doing with it,
The shop I bought it from who set it up for me are closed because of the Covid-19 threat.
It works when it feels like sometimes I press the button and there is nothing for about 10 seconds then it works but vaguely like the battery is nearly flat, Other times it works ok and other times it just says on the side pulse and I have to leave it for a minute before it will work again.
I looked at the Manuel on line and it shows nothing for my problem.
What I want is for it to work when I press the button. I have the power on 50.0 as it seems to work on that setting better than any other, I used to have it on 14.0 when I got it out the shop but now on 14.0 it might as well be switched off as it does nothing at that setting.
Laymens terms would be appreciated, Thanks in advance for any info.
Sorry for your trouble, can you send a video to show the problem so we can help you better? You can PM us

Albert Steptoe

May 23, 2020
Sorry for your trouble, can you send a video to show the problem so we can help you better? You can PM us

Hi and thanks for the reply, I haven't a clue how to send video on a computer sorry, The damn thing wouldn't work again last night just getting that Pulse which looks like this Pulse -...……+ I have just bounced it off a wall and chucked it in the bin it is useless Great sense of satisfaction lol. I have picked up an Innokin Adept from Argos this morning.
Many Thanks again for the replies, Hopefully this one will do what it says on the tin.

CroVaper

Dec 18, 2019
In the end vaporesso gave up support for the Gen? I know that the situation is special due to the virus, but you have also launched a couple of devices on the market, it has become more important for you to make money than to make the user happy, too bad, the device is beautiful... A couple of people asked me about a device that they really liked in appearance, but unfortunately due to problems I couldn't recommend it for purchase. Looks like I'm changing company, goodbye vaporesso

leocaldarelli

Jun 30, 2020
Good evening Vaporesso!
I have purchased a Gen to me and, when i tried to update de firmware, in the middle of the process it got bricked and shut down. Now, the gadget don't turn on anymore and don't recognized by the Windows.
I tried every tips you attached here, including taking off the batteries, hold down the fire botton and conected to USB port.
Even now the gadget continues to don't be recognized by the Windows 10.
I think because of the bricking of update process, the driver goes away and Windows 10 can't recognize the gadget.
Can you help me with this mess?

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
Canada
@leocaldarelli there is no specific driver for the mod, Gen uses the HID driver framework which services many things including keyboards and mice.

You'll need to look in device manager, as well as pay attention to whether windows is even noticing USB device arrival (typically it does so by playing a sound), to get to the bottom of it. If you are not getting arrival (when plugging in with no batteries while holding up button) try different USB ports and/or cables, maybe even a different PC if possible.

If windows is giving the attach sound/arrival when you plug in the device, check in device manager for USB controllers and Human Interface Device for error or exclamation points. My gen shows up as USB\VID_0483&PID_5750\ if that helps any. If it shows up with problems, it's possible to uninstall it, remove the cable and have windows reinstall the driver - but it's still going to be using the generic HID driver built into windows.

Jim A

Jun 19, 2019
Should have headed to this thread before buying a GEN I was beginning to think after years of coil building I had lost the plot, never getting the flavour expected. Unfortunately my ohm tester is playing up so have been unable to test coils independently and thought my Voopoo (which I use when working), was playing up as my ss316l coil was registering 1.25 ohm (my target 1.2) but the Gen is saying it is 1.43ohm. Having read the thread I have tried it on two old single battery mods and got 1.22 and 1.27. Having been unable to get the coil to work in stc mode because it tasted really terrible but OK in wattage I switched it to the Drag and it worked fine in tc. Read the thread then tested on the other mods brfore putting the tank back on the Gen and it was disgusting and exploded the coil.
Really disappointed that when swapping tanks the mod just goes to the previous setting be it tc or wattage unless I fire the mod without a tank on first.
Read on net that firmware 1.4 is available but the Vaporesso only lists the Gen S and no upgrades for Gen or Gen S.
This mod will end up on the scrap heap unless there is a complete firmware overhaul.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
TC with the Gen mod is definitely a problem and a new firmware needs to be provided....the latest one does not address it.

I alerted Vaporesso about this some time ago as I found that two separately purchased Gen mods (from 2 different vendors weeks apart) had the exact same problem. In short, the mod is reading rebuildable atomizer resistances incorrectly adding, in my case with both mods, upwards of .03 to .06 added resistance which translates into SmartTC, standard TC values and the built-in SS316L profile to deliver far-far too hot of a vape. I needed to do a custom TC and set the value between 60 and 70 with SS316L to get a decent TC vape (usual TCR values for 316L are 88 or 92 and vaporesso uses 105 by default if I recall correctly). Even after adjust the TCR way down, the vape spikes with power surge in the beginning regardless of how low you set the wattage setting along with the TCR value...even a wattage value as low as 10 watts can still have the spike. The spike of power is not terrible but it really shouldn't be there and if someone wanted it, should be available by increasing the wattage value above a default, not having it always there even with a very small value.

Additionally, I have found that the incorrect resistance readings seem to affect all my RTAs which typically have resistance values of .40 ohms or higher using SS316L simple spaced round wire builds. For example, an RTA with a value of .45 on another mod has an increased and incorrect value of .50 on the Gen mod.

Oddly, low resistance coils like the included Skrr tank (.21 ohm?) don't seem to be as affected and read fairly accurately but then again I don't believe they are SS316L and are not used in TC modes.

Love the mod look and feel but the TC is a problem for me...my Vaporesso Luxe is much-much better with TC than the Gen mod.
I am having the same exact problem as you. I just purchased my Gen and the firmware reads Ver. 1.3/DPCBAT24/2019.10.23
I haven't yet read this entire thread but I'll scroll to the latest posts in hopes of finding a solution. If you should see this post, would you be so kind as to point me to more helpful posts if there are any? Thx, @ScratchnSniff

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Yup.. I can get my sweet spot at 205-215 Celsius on my 2 old mods. But on the Gen I'd start to burn my wick just at 150 Celsius
Yes, what I perceived to be happening is that it's just sending too much power to the coil. And you can't adjust wattage in STC mode. I switched to DIY mode and set all the values myself and it was fine. But one of the reasons I got this mod was for the Smart TC feature.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
FWIW if you really want to use STC reduce your temp setting by 20C to 30C.
Edit: After a while it reverted to burning the wick in STC, so disregard the above.
My impression is that it's sending way too much power for the coil. I also tried what you said above. The only way I could get a decent TC vape was setting my own values in DIY mode under VT-SS.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I downloaded V1.3 and installed into both of my GEN's and am very pleased with the upgrade to the STC, I have tested it using SS mesh, SS round wire as well as SS Fused Claptons, and find that it is on track to what I would expect, all I needed to do was up the temp to what suited me.
Yes, the SS setting should be set at 92 in DIY mode, the actual TCR of SS wire is 0.00092 however for this device just enter 92.
I'm glad to hear that. I just got a Gen and it arrived with V1.3 installed but my first attempt at STC sent way too much power to the coil. Maybe I should try rescanning or test with another coil? I'm getting sad now, lol.:(

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
This IS very BAD ... let's introduce a new mod and chipset THEN have our customers do all the testing WE should have done in-house BEFORE releasing product. Vaporesso you should have made CERTAIN that TC was fully functional BEFORE releasing product. Why didn't you? Wait I know $$$$$, yep.

Not good and it is exactly THIS which leads to a SMOK like reputation. Or worse.

I really liked the Gen when I saw it ... until I researched and saw SO many problems. Vaporesso it seems to me your products (can you say Omni chipset) have all had issues with TC. Come on already, do your job!!!
Wow, I wished I had read this thread before making my purchase. I can not believe this was released like this. What I did do was watch several reviews and not one reviewer mentioned what I've been reading here. This ticks me off. Mine came with V1.3 and I'm still getting way too much power to the coil in STC mode. I'll try a rescan and another coil. DIY mode works fine but I bought this for it's "esteemed" Smart TC. I feel like a patsy, lol.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
@muth They just released 1.5 and it's a little better than 1.3 for DIY->VT, though I'm hearing there was supposedly a 1.4 via either support or some facebook fan group that had it mostly right... they never released it publicly.
Thanks joeblowma. To make your customers chase around for the Vaporesso Gen "Holy Grail" firmware is just plain ridiculous. At this point I'm convinced they released a beta product with full knowledge. And it's just a guessing game whether they actually achieve what they promised, a fully functional Smart TC mode. It's okay, I don't mind setting up my own TC values but everytime I pick up the Gen I'm going to remember this. Have you seen the Gen on an oscilloscope? Some strange stuff.
Hey thx for all the help.

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
Canada
@CroVaper I did, I'm no longer getting a weak hit on first use after letting it sit for a random amount of time, but now I'm getting 'pulsy' TC like if I were to hold the button for half second bursts instead of just holding it like I actually am. Managed to get ahold of 1.4 and it doesn't seem any different, though I find both are more tolerable than 1.3.

CroVaper

Dec 18, 2019
@CroVaper I did, I'm no longer getting a weak hit on first use after letting it sit for a random amount of time, but now I'm getting 'pulsy' TC like if I were to hold the button for half second bursts instead of just holding it like I actually am. Managed to get ahold of 1.4 and it doesn't seem any different, though I find both are more tolerable than 1.3.

At least they solved the weak hit, I don't think they will ever fix TC. I guess it's the same on other Axon devices, I'm just curious what Vaporesso and their technicians think when they release faulty (beta?) devices for sale. They developed a million different devices in the last few months and are not capable of repairing their flagship.

• Agree
Reactions: joeblowma

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
Canada
I see 1.5 was pulled from the official site and 1.4 put in it's stead, though still packed with the 1.5 soft using a non-english installer.

Not sure why they scrapped the 1.3 installer/software (2.1.1 app), as it's the only one that actually worked to customize the logos and whatnot (and still does in 1.4/1.5 firmware) as well as including a Mac .dmg. If anyone wants 1.3 for the installers I've kept a copy and can throw it on mega or something, though I think their support would probably link it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread