Vaporesso Gen mod firmware update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaRMZ JDT

Aug 21, 2019
Thinking they may have slipped in a newer firmware than the ver 1.2 originally announced in this thread, I downloaded this latest package. Indeed, it looks like they forgot to include the needed *.bin file (ROM update file) and instead only supplied the English firmware app installer.

Perhaps @Vaporesso_Chelsea can let the engineers know so they can include the firmware ROM for download.

Firmware/ROM ver 1.2 (included in installer app version 1.5) does not fix the TC problem. I do hope they can fix that with a new firmware relatively soon.

I see.. It would be better if the engineers could integrate an auto update function :)
At current I'm using the default SS settings but at 130-135 Celsius with my Zeus X RTA. Still can't get the same satisfactory vaping feel as per my old mod

ScratchnSniff

Jun 21, 2014
Thailand
At current I'm using the default SS settings but at 130-135 Celsius

Yes, you are having to reduce the temperature value to such a low amount to get a proper vape. It's a different approach than my greatly reducing the TCR value but achieving the same result.

Have you noticed the Gen mod's incorrect resistance reading of the atomizer when compared to having it on another mod? Mine are always anywhere from .03 to .06 higher on the Gen mod compared to any other mod I use them on and this make the vape way too hot when using the correct temperature or TC values on the Gen.

NaRMZ JDT

Aug 21, 2019
Yes, you are having to reduce the temperature value to such a low amount to get a proper vape. It's a different approach than my greatly reducing the TCR value but achieving the same result.

Have you noticed the Gen mod's incorrect resistance reading of the atomizer when compared to having it on another mod? Mine are always anywhere from .03 to .06 higher on the Gen mod compared to any other mod I use them on and this make the vape way too hot when using the correct temperature or TC values on the Gen.

Yup.. I can get my sweet spot at 205-215 Celsius on my 2 old mods. But on the Gen I'd start to burn my wick just at 150 Celsius

• Agree
Reactions: muth

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Thinking they may have slipped in a newer firmware than the ver 1.2 originally announced in this thread, I downloaded this latest package. Indeed, it looks like they forgot to include the needed *.bin file (ROM update file) and instead only supplied the English firmware app installer.

Perhaps @Vaporesso_Chelsea can let the engineers know so they can include the firmware ROM for download.

Firmware/ROM ver 1.2 (included in installer app version 1.5) does not fix the TC problem. I do hope they can fix that with a new firmware relatively soon.
Sorry for that and thanks so much for your reminder. Will let them know and update it soon

AvonL

Aug 22, 2019
Hi there,

I just tried to update my GEN mod to v1.2 and now it's bricked! It won't start! It won't do anything!

Any solution to this?

EDIT: The update progress started out just right, then the log said "Update failed", the mod turned off and I cannot get it to turn on again, no matter what I do.

EDIT 2: Fixed. I had to dig through the Reddit to find out that you should remove the batteries and long press the fire button during update. This should be in the read me file.

Last edited:

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Hi there,

I just tried to update my GEN mod to v1.2 and now it's bricked! It won't start! It won't do anything!

Any solution to this?

EDIT: The update progress started out just right, then the log said "Update failed", the mod turned off and I cannot get it to turn on again, no matter what I do.

EDIT 2: Fixed. I had to dig through the Reddit to find out that you should remove the batteries and long press the fire button during update. This should be in the read me file.
Sorry, we will make a detailed steps soon and also make it aware to our customers

Alfred_00

Aug 29, 2019
- catastrophic tc experience by all means !
- high resistance reading
- no screen time out option
- no stealth mode option
- my screen always on while vaping
- no firmware version stated in website
- no use for (power & - or +) (- & +) (mode & - & +) buttons
- no amps or volt appears on screen
- lack of customizability on mod or pc program

vaporesso what's so wrong with you ! this is my first experience coming from 3 years old mod !!

Typhoon9

Aug 23, 2014
Leicester
This is the first vaporesso mod i have owned that the firmware is so messed up and i have had lots of mods from vaporesso in the past and now i am looking at other brands. I am so disappointed with this mod they are not cheap to buy. Also how do you know which firmware version is on the website there is not even a version number.

Come on Vaporesso and so it out

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
This IS very BAD ... let's introduce a new mod and chipset THEN have our customers do all the testing WE should have done in-house BEFORE releasing product. Vaporesso you should have made CERTAIN that TC was fully functional BEFORE releasing product. Why didn't you? Wait I know $$$$$, yep.

Not good and it is exactly THIS which leads to a SMOK like reputation. Or worse.

I really liked the Gen when I saw it ... until I researched and saw SO many problems. Vaporesso it seems to me your products (can you say Omni chipset) have all had issues with TC. Come on already, do your job!!!

• Agree
Reactions: muth

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
pulse.jpg

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Ugh, I ordered one of these a few days ago specifically because I thought it would do TC well and here I'm reading it does not. Fix this, Vaporesso!!!!!!!!! :(
HorseLady , the Geek Vape mods work flawlessly with TC. I have an Aegis Solo and have been running it in TC since day one. I cannot tell the difference between the Solo and my DNA mods in TC. That speaks volumes IMO. I like the Solo so much I ordered another.

It's a shame because I really like the looks of the Gen but looks only get you so far. It needs to work flawlessly with zero bugs or issues for me.

ETA: I would return the Gen for a refund or exchange for a Solo.

• Informative
Reactions: Horselady154

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
HorseLady , the Geek Vape mods work flawlessly with TC. I have an Aegis Solo and have been running it in TC since day one. I cannot tell the difference between the Solo and my DNA mods in TC. That speaks volumes IMO. I like the Solo so much I ordered another.

It's a shame because I really like the looks of the Gen but looks only get you so far. It needs to work flawlessly with zero bugs or issues for me.

ETA: I would return the Gen for a refund or exchange for a Solo.
Cool. Thanks @ShowMeTwice. I have several Solos, just hadn't tried them yet in TC. Figured they wouldn't do it well. So, good to know that they do. :)

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Cool. Thanks @ShowMeTwice. I have several Solos, just hadn't tried them yet in TC. Figured they wouldn't do it well. So, good to know that they do. :)
If you need any help with the Solo settings let me know. PM me or whatever and I'll help if you want. :)

• Love
Reactions: Horselady154

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
- catastrophic tc experience by all means !
- high resistance reading
- no screen time out option
- no stealth mode option
- my screen always on while vaping
- no firmware version stated in website
- no use for (power & - or +) (- & +) (mode & - & +) buttons
- no amps or volt appears on screen
- lack of customizability on mod or pc program

vaporesso what's so wrong with you ! this is my first experience coming from 3 years old mod !!
Sorry for your inconvenience. The Gen mod is designed with a smaller screen which will have some limitations of display. And currently our devices will light the screen everytime when you press the fire button. The file name does have the firmware version. And for the customizability, we will test and confirm it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread