hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Today I’m back with yet another review for you. I’ll be covering the vaporesso LUXE 80. There are actually two models of the 80. I was sent two of the LUXE 80 kits but was thinking that I would receive one LUXE 80 and one LUXE 80S. The 80 has an internal battery while the 80S uses 18650 replaceable batteries. Anyway I’m happy to be doing another review for one of my favorite companies. I like that VAPORESSO has decided to stick with the GTX series of coils that can be used on many of the VAPORESSO devices and also have decided to use the same pod that was included in the GTX GO 80 that I previously reviewed.

Vaporesso-Luxe-80-Pod-Mod-Kit-feature.jpg

Vaporesso-Luxe-80-Pod-Mod-Kit-colors.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* LUXE 80 Mod
    1* GTX Pod 26 (5ml)
    1* GTX 0.2ohm Mesh Coil
    1* GTX 0.3ohm Mesh Coil
    1* Type-C USB Cable
    1* User Manual
    1* Warranty Card

Vaporesso-Luxe-80-Pod-Mod-Kit-package.jpg

Here’s what I received for the review.

upload_2021-7-23_20-0-51.png

Vaporesso-Luxe-80-Pod-Mod-Kit-airflow.jpg

Vaporesso-Luxe-80-Pod-Mod-Kit-chip.jpg

Vaporesso-Luxe-80-Pod-Mod-Kit-design.jpg

Vaporesso-Luxe-80-Pod-Mod-Kit-interface.jpg

Vaporesso-Luxe-80-Pod-Mod-Kit-power.jpg

Vaporesso-Luxe-80-Pod-Mod-Kit-protection.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging on the LUXE 80 is much like any other VAPORESSO product that I have received for review. There’s the outer sleeve that exposes a top and bottom box half. Once opened you see the device, charging cable, and two included coils upside down in foil packaging. The user manual and included documentation is underneath the plastic holder. One thing that I never really pay attention to is the scratch and scan code on the back. I wonder if anyone ever really scans those.

Most devices I receive for review are nearly fully charged and this one was too but I go ahead and top them off because I want to get a good idea of battery life and puff count. I noticed this morning that the battery indicator had gone into the red so thought I’d go ahead and recharge it after running the .2 GTX coil at 47 watts for nearly 350 puffs. When I plugged it in to charge then it showed me that there was still 19% battery life left. I kind of wish that the percentage was shown on the main screen when it’s in use instead of only when charging. From that point it charged in about an hour and a half thanks to the 2A fast charging provided by the USB-C charging port. The battery is rated at 2500mah and to me that seems pretty accurate.

The display looks just like the display on the PX80 to me. Just like the PX80 it uses the Axon chip. Going from top to bottom in power mode it shows:

- Battery indicator

- Set wattage

- Output bar that I think is supposed to simulate an oscilloscope

- Best recommended wattage range for the coil being used

- Coil resistance and voltage under load

- Puff counter and length of current puff in seconds

The front of the mod is indented much like the PX80 was and has the fire button at the top followed by the display, + and – buttons under the display and USB-C charging port near the bottom. On the left side of the mod is the word LUXE and a padded leather. On the right side is what I believe is called an IML panel. The one I like the best out of the two I received is blue and depending on how the light hits it, it looks different. I really love the looks of this mod. On the back is a smaller indent and the word VAPORESSO. The bottom of the mod says LUXE 80 and has three vent holes. The top of the mod has a metal ring with two airflow slots in it which is where the pod is inserted and has a metal ring for the pod magnets to attach to and two gold plated contacts. The ring in this one is flat with the contacts which is different than several other pod mods I’ve tested. On the other ones the contacts sit well below the metal ring which makes it difficult to clean any condensation or liquid. This one should be much easier to keep clean.

The menu system on the LUXE 80 is the same as the PX80 so please excuse my laziness while I copy and paste that from my previous review.

- To turn the PX80 on and off it is the all too familiar 5 presses of the fire button

- To enter the menu system, press the + and – buttons at the same time

- Inside the menu you will find VW, VV, Smart VW, Puff, Theme, Default, and Exit

- To lock the + and – buttons press the fire button 3 times

Under themes in the menu system, there are three color choices which are green, blue and pink.

upload_2021-7-23_20-7-3.png

upload_2021-7-23_20-7-28.png

upload_2021-7-23_20-7-53.png

upload_2021-7-23_20-8-14.png

upload_2021-7-23_20-8-42.png

upload_2021-7-23_20-9-6.png

The pod that is included in the LUXE 80 kit is the GTX POD 26 that was included in the GTX GO 80 kit that I reviewed a short time ago. The highlights of this pod are that it is a top fill tank. A ¼ turn exposes to fill port that has a gasket seal and also has a vent hole for no mess filling. The pod and this kit can use the entire line of GTX coils. The new GTX coils have an extra o ring that contributes to the SSS Leak Resistant Technology. After hundreds of puffs on the counter, I literally had zero leaking and no condensation. To me that almost seems unrealistic for a pod device.

The airflow control is just like it is on the PX80 and GTX GO 80 where there are stationary slots cut in the body of the mod and simply turn the pod to adjust the airflow. One might think that this design would lend itself to accidental movement of the pod and messing up your set airflow. This has not been an issue at all for me. The pod has four magnets on the bottom that make a very strong connection and the pod is a snug fit with no rattle in the opening. The only downside I could see about this pod is that the drip tip is not removable. There is also a lock ring near the bottom inside the pod that assists in keeping it leak proof.

upload_2021-7-23_20-9-57.png

IMG-5687.jpg

Vaporesso-Luxe-80-Pod-Mod-Kit-coil.jpg

Vaporesso-Luxe-80-Pod-Mod-Kit-fill.jpg

Vaporesso-Luxe-80-Pod-Mod-Kit-sss.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

The LUXE 80 kit is really a nice kit and I enjoyed testing it. With features like a very compact design that would fit easily in a pocket, compatible with all GTX coils, SSS Leak Resistant Technology, top filling, adjustable airflow control, and the fast firing AXON chip, what’s not to like?

upload_2021-7-23_20-13-26.png

From left to right is the LUXE 80, Digiflavor Z1 and Innokin Z80 just so you can see how compact the LUXE 80 is.

I felt like the battery lasted a long time and with as many puffs as I got on the .2 ohm coil with a single charge then it would definitely last me an entire day. The screen is plenty bright enough for me but some of the font is too small in my opinion. I really struggle to see some of the information on the screen.

In my opinion, VAPORESSO makes some really great quality devices and I think this one is another one. You might be wondering if this one is worth getting since it is a little similar to the PX80. The game changer for me is the top fill tank. Almost every pod device of this style that I have tested is a bottom fill. I’ve complained before that I wish someone would make their pods top fill and VAPORESSO has listened and come up with a good design. Now if I could just change the tip then I’d be completely satisfied.

One other thing that I would like to mention since I got into a discussion on it on the forum is that the GTX 26 POD is designed to be used on the GTX GO 80 and LUXE 80. I had a person that bought the GTX 26 and was complaining about it not working exactly right on the PX80. It’s not designed for the PX80 but I did put a coil in it and was able to fire it on the PX80 but am sure it’s not recommended. The airflow slots don’t align correctly and the reason being is it’s not designed for that mod.

Ok, here we are again at the end again. Would I recommend the LUXE 80? Yes I would but would like to add that I wish I had gotten the LUXE 80S also because when making a purchase, I am more likely to go with a unit with a replaceable battery if given the option. That being said, I felt like the LUXE 80 performed very well. I’d like to thank VAPORESSO and Milo for sending the two LUXE 80 kits for this review. You might be tired of hearing this if you read a lot of my reviews but I do mean it. THANK YOU to the readers! Below is a link if you’d like to take a look at the VAPORESSO website.

LUXE 80 » Vaporesso

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread