Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I set mine for 45 seconds. Might be too quick. I’ll have to see. It might be better to leave it on longer.
Wow, that is quick. lol Now that that 'Blast' is gone I am liking this mod even more. I find myself picking it up more than the others I have in my rotation.

:)

Reactions: hittman

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Just wondering if anyone has downloaded the Vaporesso software to edit or alter some settings that may not be on the Polar mod.

I’ve only hooked my Revenger Xs up to it not my Polar yet so I’m not sure how different the settings may be for the Polar.
Not yet. I use a chromebook that runs through google apps as it has no storage on the device itself therefore has no apps that would install the new stuff. I have to wait until I can get to my computer to do any updates.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
I came across your thread and I’ve had a Polar for a week now that I use in TC mode with a Troll RTA. I did the firmware update on the second day to v1.04 so I didn’t have a feel for the v1.02 F/W. One thing I noticed was that when I entered the SS 0.00092 coefficient it was too high and wanted to be 0.00070. Nice that the setting can be changed. Between dialing the coefficient and cycling the power it wound up fixing itself so now it’s comparable to my VBoy 200W using the standard 0.00092. I haven’t noticed any sort of power spikes in any of the modes. It does fire quick which is nice.

I’m unclear about what all the fixes were with the update, but the Auto mode A stopped blinking. lol The update was kinda sketchy compared to other mods I’ve done, but I figured out how to get it to take after a few attempts. I really like the mod and how TC works on it. Too bad they don’t make TC coils for that Cascade tank. Great tank though. I’ll likely rebuild one of the coils with SS.

I like how the mod figures out the coil resistance even if the tank is hot. The Aegis does that too. On an older mod that would make it fire too hot. Just tiny resistance deviation for TC mode throws it out.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I came across your thread and I’ve had a Polar for a week now that I use in TC mode with a Troll RTA. I did the firmware update on the second day to v1.04 so I didn’t have a feel for the v1.02 F/W. One thing I noticed was that when I entered the SS 0.00092 coefficient it was too high and wanted to be 0.00070. Nice that the setting can be changed. Between dialing the coefficient and cycling the power it wound up fixing itself so now it’s comparable to my VBoy 200W using the standard 0.00092. I haven’t noticed any sort of power spikes in any of the modes. It does fire quick which is nice.

I’m unclear about what all the fixes were with the update, but the Auto mode A stopped blinking. lol The update was kinda sketchy compared to other mods I’ve done, but I figured out how to get it to take after a few attempts. I really like the mod and how TC works on it. Too bad they don’t make TC coils for that Cascade tank. Great tank though. I’ll likely rebuild one of the coils with SS.

I like how the mod figures out the coil resistance even if the tank is hot. The Aegis does that too. On an older mod that would make it fire too hot. Just tiny resistance deviation for TC mode throws it out.
Yes that blinking 'A' is annoying. You can turn it off but without any directions/instructions, I was unsure if it was wise to do that.
I am using a titanium coil and it set it automatically at 350. And I got almost no power at all. Everything I read said to set the TCR from 360-365, it only liked it at 365 and started acting right after that.

I am still unsure what the numbers mean at the bottom of the screen the number tho. On the left bottom has a bar that moves to the right when vaping then resets the bar on next fire push but keeps the number. And the number on the bottom right has an 's' beside it.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Yes that blinking 'A' is annoying. You can turn it off but without any directions/instructions, I was unsure if it was wise to do that.
I am using a titanium coil and it set it automatically at 350. And I got almost no power at all. Everything I read said to set the TCR from 360-365, it only liked it at 365 and started acting right after that.

I am still unsure what the numbers mean at the bottom of the screen the number tho. On the left bottom has a bar that moves to the right when vaping then resets the bar on next fire push but keeps the number. And the number on the bottom right has an 's' beside it.

Well the 350 or 0.00350 coefficient is correct. I had trouble with mine not being right at coefficient 92, but after playing with it and powering it off and on then 92 was working normally.You may have had a similar glitch that fixed itself. 350 to 365 shouldn’t be a big change, but the temporary glitch threw it off a lot. I was comparing it to my VBoy with a YiHi SX500 chip which is really accurate. This Polar is accurate too if you don’t have the glitch I had. The bottom numbers are the puff counter and the length in seconds of the puff.

The firmware was finicky to get updated, but since I’ve done that a lot I figured it out. If anyone wants help with that I can post how to do it.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
Well the 350 or 0.00350 coefficient is correct. I had trouble with mine not being right at coefficient 92, but after playing with it and powering it off and on then 92 was working normally.You may have had a similar glitch that fixed itself. 350 to 365 shouldn’t be a big change, but the temporary glitch threw it off a lot. I was comparing it to my VBoy with a YiHi SX500 chip which is really accurate. This Polar is accurate too if you don’t have the glitch I had. The bottom numbers are the puff counter and the length in seconds of the puff.

The firmware was finicky to get updated, but since I’ve done that a lot I figured it out. If anyone wants help with that I can post how to do it.
Yes! Please post and I mean step by step. I’m not computer illiterate, but by no means am I a computer guy. I simply am not able to perform the update.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
Yes! Please post and I mean step by step. I’m not computer illiterate, but by no means am I a computer guy. I simply am not able to perform the update.

Just to give a little more info, I’m currently on version 1.02 SPCBAT18. I seem to have gotten the app installed correctly. I can also get the device connected and recognized by the app. What I’m not getting is the update to show or the ability to install. Nothing is there at all. I’m sure I’m missing a step along the way. Please help.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland

The big thing that gave me trouble was getting the app to connect to the mod. Usually you just click the fire button or it just connects when you plug in to USB. I found that holding the fire button in the whole time made it work. The update fixes this so it just connects now. So the update steps are these.

1 Remove the mod batteries.

2 Plug the mod USB into the computer.

3 Launch the app.

4 Got to the update option of the app.

5 select the update file in the installer folder SPCBAT18.

6 Press and hold the fire button and start the update while continuing to hold the button.

7 Once it’s complete you are done.

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
You need to find the .bat file. Go to where the unzipped files are....generally under program files . You may even have to do the download again to find the exact place and name of folder to look for. Under your c:\ drive on your computer look for Programs Files and click to open. Scroll down and look for the folder called UvroProduct.vap click on it to open. Click on Release file to open and scroll down to find the Vaporesso_V2.7.exe files, click on it and it will open the program. Turn off mod , hold fire button, connect the usb.
Click on sf_update.

You will see 2 places you need to click on, the first one is to find the .bat file so click on the one that says open file it and is should locate it for you.
It should take to to bin file, Highlight it and press open at bottom of box.
Then click update.

Reactions: UlkaHuren

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland

Just a note that the best SS TCR setting to be calibrated is 84. Earlier I was thrown off by resistance inaccuracies. The standard 92 is definitely too hot and the default of 110 is stupid hot and makes no sense. You have to screw your tank on tight very quickly because the mod is a bit quick to measure the tank. If you don’t then you’re TC operation will be all over the place every time you attach a tank. As far as how accurate the other TCR values are, I don’t know, but from my earlier Vaporesso mod they were about right although that one had the SS value way too high as well.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Just to give a little more info, I’m currently on version 1.02 SPCBAT18. I seem to have gotten the app installed correctly. I can also get the device connected and recognized by the app. What I’m not getting is the update to show or the ability to install. Nothing is there at all. I’m sure I’m missing a step along the way. Please help.
I’d suggest downloading the update again. Uninstall what you have and reinstall the app. If you’re using a Mac, that updater only works on older mods.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Just a note that the best SS TCR setting to be calibrated is 84. Earlier I was thrown off by resistance inaccuracies. The standard 92 is definitely too hot and the default of 110 is stupid hot and makes no sense. You have to screw your tank on tight very quickly because the mod is a bit quick to measure the tank. If you don’t then you’re TC operation will be all over the place every time you attach a tank. As far as how accurate the other TCR values are, I don’t know, but from my earlier Vaporesso mod they were about right although that one had the SS value way too high as well.
Since my update the TC for titanium has been acting perfectly fine with the tcr set to 365. I know that the type of wire has everything to do with the tcr so if you have a range(and you usually do) you may have to play with it to get it where its best for you.

Also, finding that the more complex the coil is(more than 2 wires) the SS sometimes does jump around as it does not know which wire is the one to read. TC is best with single or 2 wires. I know that most like more complex coils but it may be better to run SS in power mode if you don't like answering the question the mod asks if its a new wire everytime you hit the fire button.

just my 2 pennies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I’d suggest downloading the update again. Uninstall what you have and reinstall the app. If you’re using a Mac, that updater only works on older mods.
This is why I suggested doing the update the way I posted it earlier. A little more to it, but it gets the job done.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
So it would appear what I was doing was trying to select an upgrade that was appearing in Program Files (not sure how/why it was there) and then found the correct upgrade in Downloads. Upgrade complete!!! Thank you so much. You’re reply definitely caused me to take a closer look and figure out what I was doing wrong.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Since my update the TC for titanium has been acting perfectly fine with the tcr set to 365. I know that the type of wire has everything to do with the tcr so if you have a range(and you usually do) you may have to play with it to get it where its best for you.

Also, finding that the more complex the coil is(more than 2 wires) the SS sometimes does jump around as it does not know which wire is the one to read. TC is best with single or 2 wires. I know that most like more complex coils but it may be better to run SS in power mode if you don't like answering the question the mod asks if its a new wire everytime you hit the fire button.

just my 2 pennies.
I’ve played around with using SS fused claptons just to see if it would have issues. I make my own clapton wire so I can’t speak for the stuff you buy readymade, but as long as I tighten the terminal screws good and tight, they work solidly. It makes me feel good that I make high quality fancy wires too. :p I could see that if you have claptons that are loosely made, then TC mode could jump around. All my RTAs have fused claptons and no TC issues with any of them.

As for the SS TCR value, that was arrived at by having the most accurate temperature calibration and compared to to my YiHi chipped VBoy which is my best calibrated mod. If I dial my Polar to 220°C I want it to be close to 220°C and a SS TCR of 84 is the best calibration.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
So it would appear what I was doing was trying to select an upgrade that was appearing in Program Files (not sure how/why it was there) and then found the correct upgrade in Downloads. Upgrade complete!!! Thank you so much. You’re reply definitely caused me to take a closer look and figure out what I was doing wrong.
Not sure whom you are replying to? If it was me, you are welcome. But even if its not me, than I am still glad you were able to get your gear updated.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Thanks. Glad it worked. :p The Polar was the most frustrating mod I ever tried to update. Now that they fixed the boot loader in v1.05, that won’t be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread