Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
So it would appear what I was doing was trying to select an upgrade that was appearing in Program Files (not sure how/why it was there) and then found the correct upgrade in Downloads. Upgrade complete!!! Thank you so much. You’re reply definitely caused me to take a closer look and figure out what I was doing wrong.
I also want to add that when you unzip files that have an .exe(that indicates an exectuable file) that most programmers will place the files in the c:\program file.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
So I wanted to try TC mode on my Polar device. The only SS coils I could get at my local shop were the GT Ccell 2, which from what I’ve read, they are stainless. In TC, I have the TCR set at 92, the Wattage limit at 40, and the temp turned up to 250C. From what I’ve read, this is on the high end of the temp norm. It is creating a ton of smoke, but it’s not warm at all. I would think at this temp, it should feel fairly warm, but it just doesn’t. Am I doing anything wrong with the settings here? It just doesn’t make sense to me.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
So I wanted to try TC mode on my Polar device. The only SS coils I could get at my local shop were the GT Ccell 2, which from what I’ve read, they are stainless. In TC, I have the TCR set at 92, the Wattage limit at 40, and the temp turned up to 250C. From what I’ve read, this is on the high end of the temp norm. It is creating a ton of smoke, but it’s not warm at all. I would think at this temp, it should feel fairly warm, but it just doesn’t. Am I doing anything wrong with the settings here? It just doesn’t make sense to me.
It is not warm probably from the watts set at 40. Be glad it's not getting warm, doesn't sound like you have done anything wrong to me. As long as you are enjoying the vape, why question it?

The temp limit serves only to stop the coil from getting any hotter than the setting you have set. Where you have set it is a good place imo.

:)

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
It is not warm probably from the watts set at 40. Be glad it's not getting warm, doesn't sound like you have done anything wrong to me. As long as you are enjoying the vape, why question it?

The temp limit serves only to stop the coil from getting any hotter than the setting you have set. Where you have set it is a good place imo.

Well that coil is rated for 35-40 watts, so that’s why I went with the 40. I just thought it would feel warm. I was probably most curious about the TCR setting. It’s the part of this whole feature that I really don’t totally understand. I just read somewhere that 92 was a good spot for the 316 wire. I also have some GT 2 coils on order that are SS but not ceramic, so I’m curious to see what I think of them.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Well that coil is rated for 35-40 watts, so that’s why I went with the 40. I just thought it would feel warm. I was probably most curious about the TCR setting. It’s the part of this whole feature that I really don’t totally understand. I just read somewhere that 92 was a good spot for the 316 wire. I also have some GT 2 coils on order that are SS but not ceramic, so I’m curious to see what I think of them.
The ranges listed on the coils themselves are just recommendations. The main thing is to find where you like it for your tastes. If it happens to taste better to you at 42 watts then 40 then go for it. Doesn't hurt anything. Same as if you prefer the watts on this coil lower. As long as you are getting what it takes to enjoy the vape and stay off the cigarettes then that is the important issue.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Also here is a guide to help explain what the TCR is and does.

What Is This TCR Mode?

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland

Actually it’s hotter than normal. The TCR on the Polar I’ve found to be too high for the set temperature. 84 seems to be the best calibrated so at least you know the real temperature that your using. 240 feels warm to me. 260 is about limit on heat for me. How well the coil vapes affects it too. Bigger coils feel warmer. Small ones feel cooler.

Reactions: hittman

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
Actually it’s hotter than normal. The TCR on the Polar I’ve found to be too high for the set temperature. 84 seems to be the best calibrated so at least you know the real temperature that your using. 240 feels warm to me. 260 is about limit on heat for me. How well the coil vapes affects it too. Bigger coils feel warmer. Small ones feel cooler.
So your response leads me to believe that something isn’t quite right. At 250, it should feel warm. It isn’t at all. It is also a ceramic coil and I have no idea if that has anything to do with it or not. I have no doubt I could up quite a bit more before it started to feel warm.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
So your response leads me to believe that something isn’t quite right. At 250, it should feel warm. It isn’t at all. It is also a ceramic coil and I have no idea if that has anything to do with it or not. I have no doubt I could up quite a bit more before it started to feel warm.
So is the temp actually reaching the cut off limit you set?

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Ooh that reminds me! Their ceramic coils don’t work the same as normal coils do! So yes it’s running way too cool. Back when I used them the default 110 TCR setting is closer to correct. They’re odd that way. My Target Pro liked it at 112. Where it’s relatively right is where 200°C feels pretty neutral and it feels warmer above that. That should fix it for you. :p

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
Ooh that reminds me! Their ceramic coils don’t work the same as normal coils do! So yes it’s running way too cool. Back when I used them the default 110 TCR setting is closer to correct. They’re odd that way. My Target Pro liked it at 112. Where it’s relatively right is where 200°C feels pretty neutral and it feels warmer above that. That should fix it for you. :p
Some good info here. Thank you

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
That TCR must be pretty significant. Set it at 110, watts at 45, and now it’s definitely feeling nice at about 230C. I’m just happy to get to check it out. Thank you.

Reactions: UlkaHuren

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
So this should be my last question regarding all of this. How does the wattage play in. I would think I could set it as high as I want and it would regulate it back down to the amount needed for my desired temperature. Is that correct? I could see it not meeting the temp if the Watts is too low, but does too high of a wattage matter?

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
So this should be my last question regarding all of this. How does the wattage play in. I would think I could set it as high as I want and it would regulate it back down to the amount needed for my desired temperature. Is that correct? I could see it not meeting the temp if the Watts is too low, but does too high of a wattage matter?
You’re welcome. :) The wattage just sets how fast it ramps up, but it folds back as soon as it’s at the set temperature. Yeah, 230° is a comfy temperature and not beyond the flavor zone.

Testing mods and tanks I’ve ODed on the nicotine more than once. I gotta get more 0 nicotine for doing that. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread