Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Vaptio Pago Mini

The Sub-ohm version of the Vaptio Pago has only been introduced one month ago, and here comes the Mini version with slightly reduced functionality, but with some interesting features ...

Vaptio Pago Mini 1.jpg

I take this opportunity to thank Vaptio, for sending me some merchandising to accompany this new device.

Vaptio Pago Mini 2.jpg

Enjoy the reading.

The package shows the logo, the name of the brand, the name of the product and its image on the front. The words "Just for the flavor" and "Light up your life" complete the whole.

On the back there are the packing list, the warnings in seven different languages, the manufacturer's address, the indications on the color of the device, the logos and brands.

Vaptio Pago Mini 3.jpg

The scratch & check and the QR-code are on the other sides of the package.

Vaptio Pago Mini 4.jpg

Packing List:
    1 Pod Pago Mini
    1 Pago Mini 4ml cartridge
    1 Resistor (included) P2 0.60Ω range 15-25W
    1 USB-C cable
    1 User manual (seven different languages)
    1 Warranty Card

Vaptio Pago Mini 5.jpg

Specifications and dimensions:
    Material: Zinc Alloy
    Dimensions: 99x33x19mm
    Weight: 100gr
    Mode: Bypass + 3 step (Low-Mid-High)
    Battery capacity: 1100mAh
    USB Port: USB Type-C
    Charging current: 5V / 0.8A.
    Warranty: 90 days
    Available colors: Gunmetal-Black-Silver

Vaptio Pago Mini 6.jpg

Vaptio Pago Mini 7.jpg

How the Vaptio Pago Mini is made:

The pod is built in metal, at first glance it appears with a very popular design, now I proceed with the analysis of the details ...

The frame of the Pago Mini, in zinc alloy, is octagonal in shape, the edges are wide and beveled towards the outside, thus creating a difference in section between the side panels and the front / rear of the mod.

The main panel is crossed by five lines deeply engraved on the metal that recreate the original shape by progressively reducing it to form a sort of false rectangular screen placed vertically. The fake screen hides 3 notification LEDs and includes a very trendy octagonal shaped Fire button.
    Also on this surface we find the writing "pago mini".

The other panel shows the same octagonal texture with the writing "Vaptio" in relief and in large letters in the center.

Vaptio Pago Mini 8.jpg

Both the front / rear sides (as I anticipated) are rounded and have a reduced section compared to the side panels, both of which have the air passage slot at the top. The Type-C charging socket is instead present on the opposite side.

Vaptio Pago Mini 9.jpg

In the compartment / pod there are the two contact pins, in an elevated position there are the two circular magnets, arranged diagonally.
    This solution allows you to insert the cartridge in any direction.

The support base is stable enough to keep the device upright even during the charging phase.
    This area is characterized by the presence of 8 vent holes for the internal battery, the C E mark, the disposal logo and the characteristics of the battery "4.1 Wh 1.100mAh are shown.

Vaptio Pago Mini 10.jpg

Last edited:

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    The cartridge has an e-liquid capacity of 4.0ml, has a sleek design and is built in smoky PCTG.

The refill takes place laterally, simply by lifting the rubber seal, the filling hole has a large size.

"Press and pull coils" system close the bottom of the cartridge and coil's use a new algae cotton compound.
    At the moment there are three coils available, one of 0.3Ω, one of 0.6Ω (included in the kit) and one of 1.0Ω, the good news is that they are fully compatible with those of the Aegis Boost and above all with those of the 1,500mAh Vaptio Pago , probably an RBA deck will be released in the future.

Vaptio Pago Mini 11.jpg

Vaptio Pago Mini 12.jpg

The original Vaptio Pago / mini coils can be purchased in blisters of 5pcs.

Vaptio Pago Mini 13.jpg

How the Pago Mini works:

The chipset automatically recognizes the resistance and automatically sets the best wattage (Bypass).

- To turn on / off the device you need to five-click the Fire button.

It is possible to select 3 power steps "L-M-H" (Low, Medium High) by clicking the fire button three times in a row.
    Each selected power step corresponds to a hypothetical wattage, below we can see the relative graph based on the coil used and also the protection levels available for the Pago Mini.

* The Cut / off is set to stop dispensing after 10s of prolonged Puff.

Vaptio Pago Mini 14.jpg

Vaping test:
    When analyzing a new product, it is necessary to identify which type of vape it is aimed at, this Pago Mini with the 0.6Ω P2 coil (15-25) is certainly a valid product for the restricted Flavor vape.

I would also have liked to have tried the 1.0Ω (10-15W) P1 coil to test the operation in MTL mode of the Pago Mini, unfortunately these coils have not been sent to me, perhaps they were not yet available, too bad.

- Coil P2 0.6Ω range 15-25W:

I find it suitable for a decidedly satisfying " restricted DL" Vape, it pushes hard already in "M" mode with a considerable amount of steam emitted, aromatically I find it more than valid, using creamy or liqueur liquids I particularly appreciated it.

With the power regulation "L" (Low) the operation is regular and the battery consumption quite limited, with the "M" (intermediate) and H (high) settings the performance increases but the battery drains faster.

Final Considerations:

As I anticipated at the beginning of this review, the Mini version of the Pago loses a bit of functionality compared to its older sister, more specifically, it loses the OLED screen in favor of a simple panel with Led notification, it also loses those that were two of the best features of the older sister, namely, the adjustable AFC and the anti-leak circuit included in the cartridge.

On the one hand, the system with LED notification with the possibility of varying the delivery through 3 power steps, works well, indeed very well, despite being a definitely cheaper choice than an OLED screen, I find it in line with the type of Pod Mod product, indeed it is still an additional touch.

The suction system with fixed slots and the type of cartridge are instead a decided downgrade compared to the previous Pago which had an innovative and respectable system, perhaps the best of the entire Mod Pod panorama.
    Despite the "return to the past" with the Pago Mini, I did not find any leaks, malfunctions or floods.

The chipset combined with the battery alone 1.100mAh is very reactive, offers safety protections and keeps the delivery constant until almost the last Puff, with the 0.6Ω coil, if we set the delivery mode "L" (Low ) which corresponds to about 15W, we still get a decent autonomy, about 6ml is made with a full charge cycle that lasts about 70 minutes.
    The charge level signal goes directly from green to red, with the red signal the autonomy is limited to the consumption of about 2ml of liquid.

Would I recommend it? ... Was it necessary to make a "Mini" version of the Pago with these privations?
    The Pago Classica is really a successful product, it is certainly one of the best I have tried this year and even if I prefer the classic Pago, the Pago Mini has smaller dimensions, boasts an equally robust construction and works well, so waiting to try it with the 1.0Ω coil, I promote it, at least for the flavor and for the fact that it will be economically convenient to buy.

Vaptio Pago Mini 15.jpg

Vaptio Pago Mini highlights:

Pros:

- Aesthetics
    - Construction materials
    - Small and ergonomic
    - Three power steps L-M-H
    - Battery life with level L (Low)
    - Type-C charging
    - 4ml cartridge (2ml TPD)
    - Absence of leaks
    - Coil for Flavor
    - Coils compatible with classic Pago and Aegis Boost
    - Price

Tips:
    - Lack of an adjustable AFC

Thanks to Vaptio for sending me the product for review

If you'd like to take a closer look, below is the link to the official website:
    Pago Mini

Vaptio Pago Mini 16.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread