Not open for further replies.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
eGo-C Twist.jpg

Ok. I just got a sample of the new EGO-C Twist, from joyetech.

This thing is pretty nifty. I'll try to take some pics, but they may not turn out so well.

It has a small metal "cap" on the bottom, similar to the Passthroughs. Only this doesn't unscrew. Just twist it, to adjust the voltage.

It is variable from 3.2 to 4.8v! The are numbers, and marks on the "cap" to indicate the voltage, so you always know where you're at.

It is the same length as the EGO-T 1000mAh's, plus the small "cap". I'm not sure the capacity. It was not listed. I will have to inquire.

These should be available early May. I'll keep you posted.

EDIT:
Here's a pic of mine. I got it with an EGO DCT. 1.5ohm around 4.6v.
EGO-C Twist.jpg

Last edited:

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Ok, first the bad news....

The release of the EGO-C Twist has been delayed. We don't know for how long. I'll keep you posted though.

DEFINITELY the PT's please. We'll see then if they can stay at 4.2 while plugged in. That would be sooooo sweet!!!. tytytytyytytytyty.....................

Ok, will do!

You may be interested to see this... theres an output voltage chart for the EGO-C Twist on Joye's Website. It shows when cranked up to 4.8v, it'll maintain pretty well to about 4.4v, before it drops off. Joyetech eGo-C Twist XL Battery
this was noticeable to me last night, right before it died. Over the course of about 10-20 puffs, if I had to guess. however, my LED never turned Blue, like on the regular EGO-C. Just thought I'd point that out. also to clarify, there chart says a 2.2ohm load.... i was using a 1.5ohm.

How would you rate the performance with the 1.5Ω DCT? Any issues?

We've been speculating on the current limit in another thread...

No issues. But it doesn't last all that long when cranked up, and using a 1.5ohm load. I still got about a full day's use out of it though.

The egosc's on your website don't have UPGRADE written on them. If they are true UPGRADES will they be say 1/4" longer than normal because of the added circuitry? And then w/ the added fitting for the PT, be even longer?

Yes they do. The picture is just really small. I'll ad another, that you can expand. It's just the stock photo from Joye though.

Yeah... about 1/4" longer. maybe a hair less.

I don't have the P/T's yet, so I can't comment on that, for now.

vid

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
Wolverine Lake, MI
I hear you... But the delay is coming from Joye. It seems they're taking their time to make sure it gets done right, the first time.

I'd rather wait a little while, if it means better quality. YMMV ;)

If it means a Quality VV Ego batt, I'lll wait, But I want a pre-order, those things are gunna go like hot cakes! I want 2 yesterday already!!!! Your the only vendor I trust for great hardware! :p

Tomba

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
Poland
Last edited:

RockinRobbieSF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
San Francisco, CA
www.lusternia.com

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Can we confirm what the amp limit is? If it truly is 4.6v with 1.5 ohms, that means there's at least 3 amp. Otherwise, is there a possibility that the voltage self adjusts (like the lavatube) to protect itself from burning out?

Thats a good question. I sent an email off. I'll let you know.

Ty

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
No. I havn't heard anything yet. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

I'm thinking of running a little promo for these too. I'll probably put a bunch of them on special... something like, first 50 pcs sold at a discount. like we used to do with the EGO kits on ECF special. But beyond that, I don't think I'll have many details, until then.

ambiguous02

Apr 17, 2012
AZ, USA
No. I havn't heard anything yet. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

I'm thinking of running a little promo for these too. I'll probably put a bunch of them on special... something like, first 50 pcs sold at a discount. like we used to do with the EGO kits on ECF special. But beyond that, I don't think I'll have many details, until then.

Def interested in that! Also, do the 510 DTC's that you have in stock work with the regular ego-c battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread