Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I recently picked up a pulse 80w, and enjoyed the voltage mode on it. I ran it through its paces to make sure everything was in order and passed it along to my wife. Now I was thinking of finding a smaller regulated squonk mod that has voltage mode on it, but cannot seem to find one.

So my question is, does anyone know of a small (hopefully smaller than the pulse 80w) squonker that has variable voltage?

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
I recently picked up a pulse 80w, and enjoyed the voltage mode on it. I ran it through its paces to make sure everything was in order and passed it along to my wife. Now I was thinking of finding a smaller regulated squonk mod that has voltage mode on it, but cannot seem to find one.

So my question is, does anyone know of a small (hopefully smaller than the pulse 80w) squonker that has variable voltage?
The Simple Ex Squonk Kit but it is designed for MTL with high nic and nic salts in mind

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The Simple Ex Squonk Kit but it is designed for MTL with high nic and nic salts in mind
That would not suit me since it has a small built in battery and it wouldn't hold up long to my style of vaping.

Check out the RSQ 80w.

I seen it, but didn't see anything about voltage mode. I'll look into it closer. Thanks.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
That would not suit me since it has a small built in battery and it wouldn't hold up long to my style of vaping.

I seen it, but didn't see anything about voltage mode. I'll look into it closer. Thanks.
When you said smaller i assumed you meant internal battery. Squonk bottle one side and battery the other think you will be struggling i can't see where you would lose the size.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
When you said smaller i assumed you meant internal battery. Squonk bottle one side and battery the other think you will be struggling i can't see where you would lose the size.

The pulse 80w isn't very compact. It isn't huge, but there is room to get smaller.

Here is a pic of the mod i use most of the time next to the pulse, I'm hoping to find something in between these two. The height isn't too much of a concern, but the width is where I would like it to be smaller.
20180822_120806.jpg
20180822_120830.jpg

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Oh... You want VV. Gotcha. That might be Harder to Find in a Small Mod.

Reason why VW doesn't cut it?
I like the vape I get off of VV better. To me, it feels smoother and more consistant. Might just be in my head, but it's what I like.

Chances are very likely I won't find something that offers what I want in a size I would be happy with. But i figured asking here would be my best shot at finding it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I like the vape I get off of VV better. To me, it feels smoother and more consistant. Might just be in my head, but it's what I like.

Chances are very likely I won't find something that offers what I want in a size I would be happy with. But i figured asking here would be my best shot at finding it.

If you like it Better, that's all that Really Matters.

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
Ah Zaryk you're going back to the old school VV. :D:D:D

I'm Not really sure so please don't quote me on this, but dicodes apparently has the best VV according to Jai Haze. It can go to up to 11v on a single battery! Please ask @NZtechfreak to confirm if it can do VV.

Submonkey mkey #60 might be the ticket to fit your request, but it's a stupid facebook job. I hate facebook, but I signed up just to try and see if I can get one. Once I get one I will deactivate it.

Last edited:

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England

Not in your head at all potentiometers give a great vape

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Ah Zaryk you're going back to the old school VV. :D:D:D

I'm Not really sure so please don't quote me on this, but dicodes apparently has the best VV according to Jai Haze. It can go to 11v on a single 18650 battery! Please ask @NZtechfreak to confirm if it can do VV.

Submonkey mkey #60 might be the ticket to fit your request, but it's a stupid facebook job. I hate facebook, but I signed up just to try and see if I can get one. Once I get one I will deactivate it.
Great to know, thanks.

Sadly, I won't do the whole Facebook thing. I have never, and will never, visit that site for a plethora of reasons. And I just refuse to compete with others to give someone my money. If simply getting paid isnt enough, then I will pass. That is the dumbest business practice I have ever heard of.

Maybe I'll find one used, or they will open a legitimate web site sometime.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Yeah it would be hard to find anything smaller with VV. The chip takes up a bit of room. I noticed the DNA version of the submonkey mod is bigger than the dicodes submonkey mod. I've got small hands and the size of the Pulse 80watt doesn't bother me , probably because I started with a big heavy brick Voopoo Drag mod.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't mind the pulse too much except the width. It would have been something I wouldn't mind for around the house, but was hoping I could find something a bit more pocket friendly for work.

I was going to try to give regulated another shot for my daily driver, but it looks like I will just stick to my mechs.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Looks like Dovpo & TVC is putting out a mod, and it may fit the bill for what I am looking for. Hopefully it will be a good one. I am kind of sceptical of the squonk system, but will wait to see what the consensus is after it comes out.

Link to the thread-
Topside squonker from Dovpo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread