Variable voltage squonk

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatvapedude

Jun 17, 2019
Hey guys new here. I stumbled upon this thread (Variable Voltage Squonker) on a google search and I'm pretty much in the same boat.

I would like something smaller form factor than the pulse (it has a vv mode) that squonks too. I bought a simple ex recently and love the thing. It only has voltage settings and I love the simplicity and the vape I get. I don't like the 800 mah built in battery though and would like something that takes an external battery. Does something like this exist? I'm coming up with nothing.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The Wismec Surface 80w is the Smallest 18650 Squonk Mod I know of.

Wismec_Luxotic_Surface_80W_Squonk_Kit_Honeycomb.jpg

I'm holding one in My hand Right Now.

Last edited:

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
i know the basium is VV, they can be had around the $50 usd mark. They look big in pics, but are quite compact

similar chip to the topside, which is smaller, but unsure if that has VV?
Topside has VV with a download.

It holds 10ml and can take a 21700. There is also the dual, which takrs 2 18650s... It's a little shorter, but thicker.

It is a little tall, as it sticks a bit out of my pocket, and heavier than some, but I've had no leaks in two months, so the weight is doing something.
36172a61e0b920820b22f08ddb3fefdd.jpg

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

thatvapedude

Jun 17, 2019
i know the basium is VV, they can be had around the $50 usd mark. They look big in pics, but are quite compact

similar chip to the topside, which is smaller, but unsure if that has VV?
Too boxy for me but thanks for the suggestion :)

I'm seeing a VW mode but not a straight VV :(

Topside has VV with a download.

It holds 10ml and can take a 21700. There is also the dual, which takrs 2 18650s... It's a little shorter, but thicker.

It is a little tall, as it sticks a bit out of my pocket, and heavier than some, but I've had no leaks in two months, so the weight is doing something.

I'm seeing the firmware update for the Topside is a temp control. What download has the VV option?

Maybe I'm just being too picky guys but thanks for all the suggestions

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Too boxy for me but thanks for the suggestion :)

I'm seeing a VW mode but not a straight VV :(

I'm seeing the firmware update for the Topside is a temp control. What download has the VV option?

Maybe I'm just being too picky guys but thanks for all the suggestions
It's a wismec so you should be able to download the arctic fox firmware for it so if the arctic fox firmware has VV job done.... Check their download page and forum to find out 1st.

Why have you got to have VV mode anyway?

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Topside Single 21700 Top Fill Squonker

That page has all the firmwares, including VV. Arctic fox, which can do VV, will work in the eLeaf pico squeeze, but that is the only BF supported by AF.

I personally think you might be being a little picky, as VW is just as good as VV, as the volts will adjust with the wattage, based on the ohm of the coil... You can change coil, and the watts stay the same.... There are other features that should be more important, like how easy it is to fill, and how leak proof it is.

jj_9

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2013
FR
Hi Ramsey

bad luck there s no VV mode on artic fox.

good luck for the search. Please advise if you find one small compact with VV cause I'm looking for one me too.

Charlie the VV function is very useful for example if you use ss coils without temp control because if won't change with the ohms.

A+
JJ

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The Luxotic BF is a fixed voltage device. The Luxotic Surface does not have a USB port so difficult to load AF firmware.

The Vandy Vape Pulse 80 or Pulse X supports Variable Voltage output. Fairly small single 2x700 squonker

Charlie the VV function is very useful for example if you use ss coils without temp control because if won't change with the ohms.

A+
JJ

This is true. But as resistance of SS increases with heat, the output of the device will decrease. So that has to be factored in if that is what the user is looking for.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
The Luxotic BF is a fixed voltage device. The Luxotic Surface does not have a USB port so difficult to load AF firmware.

The Vandy Vape Pulse 80 or Pulse X supports Variable Voltage output. Fairly small single 2x700 squonker

This is true. But as resistance of SS increases with heat, the output of the device will decrease. So that has to be factored in if that is what the user is looking for.
Actually, With VV, the output would change, as the resistance climbs, the voltage stays the same... V=ir so if r goes up, and V stays the same, I must decrease.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Actually, With VV, the output would change, as the resistance climbs, the voltage stays the same... V=ir so if r goes up, and V stays the same, I must decrease.

Yes. Didn’t go into detail but that is what I stated in my above post.

A cold 0.5 ohm coil at 5 volts, the device will output 10 amps at 50 watts. Should the coil rise to 0.6 ohms, the same 5 volts will output 8.3 amps or 41 watts

With a Variable Wattage, the device will try to maintain that 50 watts even as the resistance rises. Some are better at this than others.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Yes. Didn’t go into detail but that is what I stated in my above post.

A cold 0.5 ohm coil at 5 volts, the device will output 10 amps at 50 watts. Should the coil rise to 0.6 ohms, the same 5 volts will output 8.3 amps or 41 watts

With a Variable Wattage, the device will try to maintain that 50 watts even as the resistance rises. Some are better at this than others.
So you're goal is a sort of temp control through physical means, without circuitry to foul things up? So why not just us AF? That TC is about as good as it gets.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
So you're goal is a sort of temp control through physical means, without circuitry to foul things up? So why not just us AF? That TC is about as good as it gets.

TC maintains a temperature, not sure you can say a VV with a SS coil is maintaining temperature. Guess it could be viewed as such. I do not use VV, but just gave it a shot and I can feel the temp of the vape decrease over the duration of the draw.

Have no idea why the OP wishes to use Variable Voltage or even if they wish to use Stainless Steel coils.

• Informative
Reactions: charlie1465

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I actually started the thread that OP has posted in their first post.

I am still looking for a good, small VV squonk mod. The only two options are still the pulse 80w (or pulse x) and the topside (for single battery mods at least). Both of which are a little large for me, but are not really too big. All you have to do with the topside is update it just like you would to include the temp control and it also adds VV.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
I actually started the thread that OP has posted in their first post.

I am still looking for a good, small VV squonk mod. The only two options are still the pulse 80w (or pulse x) and the topside (for single battery mods at least). Both of which are a little large for me, but are not really too big. All you have to do with the topside is update it just like you would to include the temp control and it also adds VV.
The VV firmware for the topside is different. It has VV and bypass only, no TC or VW. If you want VW, you can't have VV.

• Useful
Reactions: charlie1465
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread