Various Qs on 510 and KR808D/D-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

100thMonkey

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Los Angeles
Hi and thanks for taking a look.

I'm into vaping a couple months. Quit analogs 7/1/10. So I'm getting used to everything. I lost my virginity with GreenSmoke and because of this psychotic link became partial to their batteries and cartos. Then I learned that GreenSmoke is a branded KR808D? Hope I'm accurate so far. Then I bought a 510 and am getting used to that.

I got a little ambitious and ordered some stuff, but think I screwed up...like:

1. I bought 2 extra-long batteries but they're KR808D-1 and I guess the "-1" is why they don't fit on my chargers or with my cartos. I'm guessing the "-1"s have their own carts and charger to fit? What specifically makes the difference between regular KR808D and KR808D-1?

2. Is it generally the case that the 510's (with cartomizers) need to be a little loose when screwed together for best effect? The only 510 that seems to take being tightly screwed is my PT.

Thanks everybody for everything.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
The Greensmoke is a kr808d-2, not a kr808d-1, which is the more popular model of kr8. The GS batts are also known as e9's. Your GS cartos will not fit the kr808d-1 batts, sorry to say. The GS is a good PV, if way too expensive, but the only way you can expand on it with more batts or cartos, without paying GS prices, that I know of, is here:

Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette | E Liquid - E-Cigarette E9    (E-MiniCig)

I am not aware of 510 cartos working better if they are loose. If they are loose, but not enough to not work, the air could be adding resistance. I just tried this on my 510 box mod, and detected about the same performance, perhaps a bit less, certainly not more. IMHO, a loose connection that still works will be more prone to juice getting into it and charring more over time. I keep my cartos on tight, but other vets might have more insight on this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread