KR808D-1 Battery Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
Hello vapor vets!

Some questions on my battery. I have KR808D-1 manual and auto batteries from V2 cigs.

Is this a sealed battery, and is there any risk in frying the battery when refilling the cartos?

Will drip tips work to refill the pre filled cartos? And, are the blank cartos they sell easier to refill in any way?

If I use KR808D-1 cartos from another brand, can I damage my battery?

I think that's it.. If I forgot anything I'll ask.

Thanks for being available to us noobs!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hello vapor vets!

Some questions on my battery. I have KR808D-1 manual and auto batteries from V2 cigs.

Is this a sealed battery, and is there any risk in frying the battery when refilling the cartos?

Will drip tips work to refill the pre filled cartos? And, are the blank cartos they sell easier to refill in any way?

If I use KR808D-1 cartos from another brand, can I damage my battery?

I think that's it.. If I forgot anything I'll ask.

Thanks for being available to us noobs!

Auto batts are not sealed (that's needed so they can work) and they are liable to be shorted out by ejuice. I'd always refill by taking off the carto when filling. Manuals are sealed - although there's a slight possibility of ejuice getting in the switch/button area - a rarity though and with them I'll use driptips to refill - the only thing with that is that you want to keep the ecig on an angle so you're not flooding it through the center hole. I turn it as I fill on an angle to get the best absortion from the filler.

Blanks fill the same way as the prefilled - just takes more at first :)

Another brand of the same threading KR808D-1 won't cause any problems with the battery but be precise in your threading - chinese threading still needs some quality control.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Oh, and always take the cartomizer off your battery to refill, sealed or unsealed. Better be safe than sorry.

When your cartomizer is full, blow gently through it, from the mouth end, to expell any extra juice that might be hiding in that center airflow tube. If you see juice coming out, wipe it with a tissue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread