Vegetable glycerine (glycerol) - safety discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
Lucky, PG is forum shorthand for propylene glycol.

VG is forum shorthand for vegetable glycerin, also known as glycerin, also known as glycerol (and even sometimes spelled glycerine). All three/four are simply different names for the same substance.

Thank you. So after reading all this stuff, using the VG scares me then. So where do I find PG to cut with instead of VG? It sounds like most people here are using the VG.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
I use glycerine Queen and it doesn't worry me. I'm not saying my opinion is good enough for anyone else but not everyone thinks there is a real problem.

I just cut a 30ml bottle with glycerin (only added 4-5mls). I kind of look at it like this...I didn't disect an analog ingredient by ingredient. I just smoked them. I am not going to sweat a few mls of glycerin until it is proven to be horrible. Ya know?

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I agree on some levels with what both Kate and Queen are saying; however, since there IS potential controversy with the VG and MOST of the liquids are made with PG, there must be a reason they did it that way. So why not just use the PG instead until, of course, we hear bad on the whole dang deal. LOL

Lucky--Pg breaks down to lactic acid with causes issues with some people and also PG has a higher allergy rate and throat irritation issues compared to Vg that breaks down to simple glucose and usual presents no issues---Sun

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
If I come home with a gallon of something to treat cows with from the tractor supply store, my husband will have me committed for sure! :lol:

No doubt, but I think I'd just go buy a smaller bottle from a pharmacy. I'm going to check Walgreens, Rite Aid, and Walmart. I refuse to go to no feed store. LOL :shock:

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
That's just how they started out but some are changing. Sedansa have started using PEG400 and Wicked have been advised in a toxicology report to look into changing from pg to glycerine.

Awwww man, it's so confusing!!! I know we all want to do the right thing. I love this whole concept and I just hope someone steps up to the plate with testing and shows that this stuff is safe with some major testing. TW seems like a very good company and a leader in this stuff and you would think they would be trying to do the best thing also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread