Verified Member Vote - Trader Option

Would you like return feedback be mandatory?

• Yes, I think return feedback should be required.

Votes: 95 71.4%
  • No, leave feedback as optional.

Votes: 38 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Example --- I received a positive feedback from a seller yesterday but have not received my purchase yet which means I will be holding off my feedback return until it arrives. I have been a "model" buyer, by communicating well and paying instantly. This deserves a 'positive' star regardless of the end result of the purchase. If I receive the package and it is not as described but still in good condition, I may want to choose to opt out of leaving feedback since the condition of an item is based on perspective. I feel that I still deserve the positive feedback for my end of the deal since I do believe that it is important for future transaction. Should my good behavior be unnoticed just because the seller graded the item slightly higher/lower than I would have?

The way you describe this scenario is how it should be. The seller leaves buyer feedback, once the item arrives and inspected the buyer leaves feedback. You wouldn't be expected to leave feedback before you receive the item.

In your example, if you weren't not happy but felt bad feedback was unnecessary, consider providing neutral. Maybe a brief explanation to the seller as to why you felt neutral was deemed appropriate or not. See the feedback system should be used regardless of the outcome.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The feedback system is only as good as the members that use it. Choosing to not leave neutral or bad feedback because you don't want to degrade someone's feedback is a bad idea. I'm not saying anyone should be harsh, try to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, everyone's perspective will be different. In the future your feedback could prevent someone else from being defrauded or someone else's feedback could save you.

Also, I removed the 10 hour time limit, there should be no time limit now. Hopefully this will resolve some of the issues brought forward.

I reduced the comment field from 10 character to 5 character requirement. (for those short-winded members :D)

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
OK, so I left some positive feedback for a member that sold me an item. He has not yet left feedback for me, yet I can see that his feedback has posted. Is the feedback only visible to me, or is the system not working as intended?

I'm not worried about receiving my feedback from him as it has only been a very short time, but wondering why his feedback seems to have posted without reciprocal feedback.

Splatnext

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
near the beach
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So what about the ability to post feedback for deals that happen via PM?

I know I've done deals via pm before. You may read someone just got a new "this" to replace an old "that", and a PM conversation starts about what they might do with the old "that" and before you know a deal has been struck.

I have the same problem, I contacted the seller via pm, bought the item, never posted in the thread.Now I can't leave well deserved feed back.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
I thought deals made outside the classys was a no no. J0ker, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I suspect that regardless of the answer, it probably happens all the time. I'm thinking that if you conduct business outside of the forum it's like it never happened and there is no feedback mechanism. I assume that the feedback system is in place only for those transactions completed within the classified forum, and to expect the system to allow for feedback under any other circumstances is kind of outside it's intended use. I can't sell someone a used vaporized over the phone and expect to leave feedback here just because we both happen to be members of the forum.

Besides, I don't know if that was ever possible, even under the old system, and why should it be? I could theoretically inflate my feedback score by asking friends here to give me feedback for these undocumented "transactions" that never actually happened (oh, I forgot, they happened via PM....riiiiight....). That would essentially destroy the credibility of the feedback system.

Anyway - a lot of that is opinion and speculation on my part and I could very well be all wet.

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
I have the same problem, I contacted the seller via pm, bought the item, never posted in the thread.Now I can't leave well deserved feed back.

That's different, I think. The issue posted by Phone Guy, if I am understanding correctly, is that he can't leave feedback for an item he bought that was never listed for sale in the classified forum. For example - I see you post in a thread (not in the classified forum) about one of your mods and I PM you and ask if you want to sell it to me, and you agree. It was all done via PM with no thread in the classified forum to document the transaction.

Last edited:

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
That's different, I think. The issue posted by Phone Guy, if I am understanding correctly, is that he can't leave feedback for an item he bought that was never listed for sale in the classified forum. For example - I see you post in a thread (not in the classified forum) about one of your mods and I PM you and ask if you want to sell it to me, and you agree. It was all done via PM with no thread in the classified forum to document the transaction.
Yes. I think deals like that happen a lot. Maybe I'm wrong? I think with the new software, feedback should be (and can be?) flexible and valuable. I know I personally respect the ratings, and the people who frequent ECF. More so than "other" forums. ;)

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
OK, so I left some positive feedback for a member that sold me an item. He has not yet left feedback for me, yet I can see that his feedback has posted. Is the feedback only visible to me, or is the system not working as intended?

I'm not worried about receiving my feedback from him as it has only been a very short time, but wondering why his feedback seems to have posted without reciprocal feedback.

@gpjoe Send me a PM with the member's name you left feedback for please.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

This was announced - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/the-classifieds-blog.366198/page-2#post-15739302

The point of this is, once you have posted we know you were involved in the ad. This is very helpful to staff when a complaint is launched. So if nothing else just post "Sent you a PM" or something similar.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I thought deals made outside the classys was a no no. J0ker, please correct me if I'm wrong.

This is partially true. If there is an ad in the Classifieds, you are welcome to conclude the arrangements in private, after you make a post in the thread :D.

If there is no ad and you buy/sell/trade in private, there's no point in contact staff, there's nothing we can do to help you and someone could end up being banned.

rhammer186

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
NY
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have a question that may have been asked and answered, so my apologies in advance for the nuisance. I noticed that on my actual profile page (not the rating listed with the avatar on each post) my "total feedback score" is 9 (100%) but my total # of positive feedback is 10. I have already reciprocated all "pending" feedback.

Are there some deals, like trades, that are not included in the total score?

Perhaps I did something wrong with the feedback left for me that needed my response. I went to their "pending" feedback and selected "submit feedback for this deal". Is this the correct method to go forward with it, or is there now a different way to link your feedback due to the new temporary trial requirements?

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I have a question that may have been asked and answered, so my apologies in advance for the nuisance. I noticed that on my actual profile page (not the rating listed with the avatar on each post) my "total feedback score" is 9 (100%) but my total # of positive feedback is 10. I have already reciprocated all "pending" feedback.

Are there some deals, like trades, that are not included in the total score?

Perhaps I did something wrong with the feedback left for me that needed my response. I went to their "pending" feedback and selected "submit feedback for this deal". Is this the correct method to go forward with it, or is there now a different way to link your feedback due to the new temporary trial requirements?

If feedback is left by the same person it's only counted once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread