Verified Member Vote - Trader Option

Would you like return feedback be mandatory?

• Yes, I think return feedback should be required.

Votes: 95 71.4%
  • No, leave feedback as optional.

Votes: 38 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Don't feel bad. I didn't know that either until I questioned j0ker about it. :)

Yeah I kinda remember that a little @tmcase :lol:

What you have to understand about the feedback score is this, the score is the accumulation of discrete feedbacks, meaning feedbacks left by users that have not left you feedback before. So feedback score is not the same as feedback count, the latter will normally be higher.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Rating - 100%
153   0   0
Yeah I kinda remember that a little @tmcase :lol:

What you have to understand about the feedback score is this, the score is the accumulation of discrete feedbacks, meaning feedbacks left by users that have not left you feedback before. So feedback score is not the same as feedback count, the latter will normally be higher.

Yeah I'm sure you do since you've had a little fun with my question. :sneaky:

I think this rule should be changed since it causes so much confusion. :D

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Question for everyone.

WHat if for some reason, you want to purchase an item but you dont want it to be publicly known? I know in some instances I just sent a PM and made a purchase and never posted interest on the thread.

Im my case , I noticed that everytime I was interested and posted it, it would suddenly sell so fast..... Thats when I figured the sellers were keeping attention on the PMs and sold to the first interested party rather than BUMPs/ possible interest.

I have a buyer of one of my ads that tried to leave me a good feedback but they could not, I also had tried to leave them a good feedback and could not, even if I entered the link to the page, keep getting not a valid link?

What if you want to buy something incognito?

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have a buyer of one of my ads that tried to leave me a good feedback but they could not, I also had tried to leave them a good feedback and could not, even if I entered the link to the page, keep getting not a valid link?
The buyer has to comment in the sellers ad in order to leave feedback. This happened to me a short while back...

As to mandatory return feedback, I think this should be a must...

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
The buyer has to comment in the sellers ad in order to leave feedback. This happened to me a short while back...

As to mandatory return feedback, I think this should be a must...

Yes. But you need not say much at all. Here's an example:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/us-selling-xvostick.704292/#post-16623450

I was buying this for someone else who had already bumped the thread. Notice my comment ("GLWS with sale!").

Easy. Again - I've done similarly at least 10 times previously. Just get your comment in, and send a PM. In this case, I sent my PM before even posting in the thread.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Rating - 100%
157   0   0
OK, so I'm seeing one minor negative to the new feedback system:

If a seller is a coward, he/she may withhold feedback to the buyer until AFTER the buyer receives the item and leaves positive feedback for the seller first, ensuring that they will likely NEVER have any negative feedback. Get negative feedback? Simple solution is to not leave feedback for the buyer and the negative will never appear publicly.

This has always been a peeve of mine - the seller (IMO) should always leave feedback immediately after receiving payment as the buyer has completely fulfilled his/her part of the transaction. As a buyer I refuse to leave feedback for a seller that doesn't leave me feedback immediately after I pay. And I don't ask them to.

I said it was a peeve. :)

Last edited:

Ricky Spanish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
If a seller is a coward, he/she may withhold feedback to the buyer until AFTER the buyer receives the item and leaves positive feedback for the seller first, ensuring that they will likely NEVER have any negative feedback. Get negative feedback? Simple solution is to not leave feedback for the buyer and the negative will never appear publicly.

I thought this only applies to positive feedback...

**Note this applies to positive feedback only, neutral and negative will post immediately with no required return feedback**

Would the reciprocal setting affect negative or neutral feedback? As in one party has an issue leaves a non positive could the other party keep that from their record by simply not leaving feedback of their own?

Mrs C - your answer is in the very first post:
**Note this applies to positive feedback only, neutral and negative will post immediately with no required return feedback**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread