Very confused about what to use with the wetbox....

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakdown00

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Bonita Springs, Florida
I see that apparently a regular 510 can be used but then I dont know if I should use a LR 510 or a high drain 14500? I thought I read to NOT use a LR 510 with the high drain battery. Am I correct on that? If I cannot which combination should I use, the LR 510 with a regular 14500 or a regular 510 with the high drain 14500. I dont know really what the high drain actually means but anyway any help would be great. Thanks.

Bigbuyer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Florida, USA
COV does NOT recommend the use of atomizers with the WetBox.
It may work, but you very likely will end up with a collapsed spring and a shorted out switch.

Please use cartomizers: My High Performance Cartomizers in 510 and 306. My Low Resistance Cartomizers in 510. It is recommended to use regular batteries with the LR Cartomizers.

Hope this is clear now.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I had no problem when I used an LR510 and an LR306 on my wet box, however the problem I did have is the switch, it's a cheap switch and not so good, I don't understand why they wouldn't spend an extra $5-6 bucks and put a decent switch on this little unit, if you where smart you would make sure your insides are siliconed in very very good, this is what becomes the problem the switch gets wet and becomes sticky, if I ever had another one I would put a second layer of silicone caulk all over the inner parts for extra protection, but I've moved on to a much better box mod.

JoeChemo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2010
Washington, USA
Well that really didnt answer my question but no matter Ill just use a LR 510 with the regular 14500s and hope for the best. Thanks.

Okay. Just thought you might want to know that LR attys are not recommended for the Wetbox. Good luck.

--- Looks like we were all responding at the same time! :lol: ---

breakdown00

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Bonita Springs, Florida
Yea really geez all of the sudden theres just a big spam lol. But yes Bigbuyer u did clear it up and I made my purchase. I hope I dont have the same issues as mwa102464 although I did read that toying with what atty u use could cause leaking therefore destroying the switch so Im thinking thats what happened to him. I will just follow instructions and hope that I like these cartos. I tried cartos once before on a V4L model and I really didnt like them so lets hope it goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread