Not open for further replies.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I was thinking about adding the M401 atty to my list of atties. reason being I wanted to give Dipping not Dripping a try.

1. Has anyone done this?
2. Do you still do it?
3. what are the benefits over dRipping?
4. Xatty to M401 adapters,where?

I am in the process of searching the ECF archies for the answer, but thought to ask just incase I can't find it. Plus I also know the joy of providing an answer to help someone with their decision hehe

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
The 401 model is fun, small and easily transportable with an inexpensive hard case. I bought one for emergency back-up in the unlikely event of catastrophic failure of my other devices.

Dipping is really trerrific as it ensures the atty is fully juiced up for every draw you take. You can also drip the device, but dipping uses the natural wicking action preventing flooding.

If you get a passthrough without an inline battery, the 401 atomizer provides a fairly decent amount of throat hit at 5 volts.

If any adapters are available, you might find them at eliquidplanet.com.

Since I primarily vape at 6 volts, my 401 does not get much use. Every once in a while, though, it is fun to grab when taking the dogs for a walk or to connect to the PC.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
The 401 model is fun, small and easily transportable with an inexpensive hard case. I bought one for emergency back-up in the unlikely event of catastrophic failure of my other devices.

Dipping is really trerrific as it ensures the atty is fully juiced up for every draw you take. You can also drip the device, but dipping uses the natural wicking action preventing flooding.

If you get a passthrough without an inline battery, the 401 atomizer provides a fairly decent amount of throat hit at 5 volts.

If any adapters are available, you might find them at eliquidplanet.com.

Since I primarily vape at 6 volts, my 401 does not get much use. Every once in a while, though, it is fun to grab when taking the dogs for a walk or to connect to the PC.

Thanks B I will look into it.. yeah I am a 6v lover and the whole dipping thing seems intriguing. if I can't find an adapter... that does seem like a good idea...just getting a PT and use as my "at the PC" vape like you do....

I am just curious where do you get a USB extension long enough to do it while walking the dogs hehe

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Ok BC

I didn't find an adapter at eliquid... but I think I will just get a PT kit and some extra m401 atties

THANKS I guess one post was enough to convince me :D hehe

ANYONE ELSEI don't need to be convinced any more I made a decision BUT if anyone finds where I can buy an adapter from one atty 2 M401 that would be an interesting find.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Hey duck, chef
Altsmoke, was, looking at doing a 401 to 510 battery adapter but backed out. Didn't figure they would sell enough.

I know ya said you made your decision duck but FWIW... I was curious about dipping also. I tried the Joye 306 because it has the same threads as the 510 atty. Plug and play. Dipping is a great diversion from carts, I like it.

Chef, or anyone, Any appreciable difference in performance between the M401 and the 306?

The atomizers that is, with dipping.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Hey duck, chef
Altsmoke, was, looking at doing a 401 to 510 battery adapter but backed out. Didn't figure they would sell enough.

I know ya said you made your decision duck but FWIW... I was curious about dipping also. I tried the Joye 306 because it has the same threads as the 510 atty. Plug and play. Dipping is a great diversion from carts, I like it.

Chef, or anyone, Any appreciable difference in performance between the M401 and the 306?

The atomizers that is, with dipping.

well that is how you know if someone is a Vet or newbee Vets know how to Hijack a thread hehe

I didn't think about the 306

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
We started with 801s. I quit smoking, my husband still smoked 2 packs/day. There was too much fiddling to suit him. Got the kr808d-1. He didn't like that one either. Too harsh, he said. Got the M401, gave it back to me. I was starting to really despair at this point.

I actually didn't like the 401 much either UNTIL I started dipping. Holy cow! Good TH and lots of vapor. It's actually becoming my favorite too. Hubby is now happy as a clam with his 401 and has already cut down to 1 pack/day of analogs. I'm hoping to have him mostly analog free soon. He's already requested more parts and chargers. I'd say I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for him. He's been one hard nut to crack! :D

Last edited:

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Hey Lightgeoduck
My first e cig was the M401 and 402. I also have the KR808 D and also the Greencig. ok back to dipping. Dipping was great and still do it on occassion. I have a contact lens case with 2 screw caps on it. one side i put my USA tobacco other side usually strawberry bananna. both are 36mg but i add few drops of VG so for arguments sake lets say the nic drops down to about 28 to 30. Vapor and TH is fantastic. and smooth not rough or harsh very smooth. actually i been using my KR808 and Greencig for last few weeks but last nite i had to baby sit at my kids house so i took my old trusty M401 and 2 with contact lens case. it was great. you get the perfect amount of liquid when you did and its easy. actually years ago in the 50 s my grandfarther used to dip his cigars in brandy. He had a little cap and it the cap wa sbrandy so i guess it was sort of dipping then too. and his cigars were called Guinea stinkers. lol. really thats the name we called thyem cause they stunk. but anyway you will love dipping. its easier than dripping anbd i do it when i am out and about as well. try it.
oh and also when i bought my ,401 and 2 i bought 3 attys with it. still have the same 3 attys. once a week i boil them for about 8 minutes and they have lasted. But seriously try the dipping. and the contact lens case with screw on top they cant leak in your pocket. i went to dipping cause the carts sucked always had joice in my mouth.
anyway thats it. btw for all that is intersted m401 s have longer or biggar carts now. they say 12 to 14 drops instead of 7 to 8. i havent bought it yet.
and also and i heard this guess what next for the M401 PCC in about a week or so. and also
you ready
i heard this also
CARTOMISERS. yes you heard me right carts 2 piece. But i heard this from my supplier. I emailed Smoore myself and asked them whats up with the PCC and cartomisers. They told me in 2 weeks or so and the carts are still in production. Thats from Smoore.
sorry didnt mean to change your thread with what i added on just figured the M401 s getting better and better. well it is a quality e cig tahst for sure.
Hope this helps you.

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
oh and also when i bought my ,401 and 2 i bought 3 attys with it. still have the same 3 attys. once a week i boil them for about 8 minutes and they have lasted. But seriously try the dipping. and the contact lens case with screw on top they cant leak in your pocket. i went to dipping cause the carts sucked always had joice in my mouth.
anyway thats it. btw for all that is intersted m401 s have longer or biggar carts now. they say 12 to 14 drops instead of 7 to 8. i havent bought it yet.
and also and i heard this guess what next for the M401 PCC in about a week or so. and also you ready i heard this also

CARTOMISERS. yes you heard me right carts 2 piece. But i heard this from my supplier. I emailed Smoore myself and asked them whats up with the PCC and cartomisers. They told me in 2 weeks or so and the carts are still in production. Thats from Smoore.
sorry didnt mean to change your thread with what i added on just figured the M401 s getting better and better. well it is a quality e cig tahst for sure.
Hope this helps you.

My atomizers are from 10/07 and I have only cleaned them once, using Sattec's Crest Pro cleaning method. They're as good as new. NEVER ever let them become dry or overheated. I usually have two that I rotate at any given time.

PCC that looks like a pack of analogs? Like the M702 PCC? Way cool! I'll be waiting for those. :thumbs:

Cartomizers for 401? Now that's very interesting. Keep us informed if you hear anything more, please!

Cheezit

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
North Central Texas
I will also chime in on the great dipping with the 401. I haven't put a cart on in quite some time. If at the computer at work or home (which is a lot of the time), I am happily dipping with my passthrough. If more out and about, I carry my contact lens case and dip a 401 Bartleby that Jay made for me.

I like it much better than dripping, because you can dependably soak the atty to it's limit without flooding. I started vaping in mid-October, and still going on the original attys. I have cleaned them a few times in Everclear.

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
How long can you vape off a thorough dip? I haven't tried dipping yet. I have dripped and it is fine except I only drip 2 drops- one on each side of the bridge right on the wick material. That gives me about 7 long pulls w/ good vape and flavor or 9-10 regular pulls and tapers off vape and flavor at about the 7th pull anyway... So dripping two times is one vaping session for me... (I am not an all day vaper)
Also, When you dip, how far into the liquid do you sit the atty?

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
It seems to me that 1 dip is good for a vaping session. I used to equate it to one cigarette since it seemed to take me through a 'smoke break'. Thats not how my habit works now but it still seems right. I dip it for 10-20 sec., but I think the best way to get the hang of it is to use a small puddle at some point and watch the bridge soak up the liquid (with a small amount you can see it happen) and use that as a gauge. The handy thing is that the bridge won't soak up more than it can take so if you tap off a little excess you can't really over do it.

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
Well... I thought I would count the puffs I get off one dip. I'm at 14 puffs right and still going strong. But then I also use the cart and I put a drop or two in there as well. I want everything moist moist moist...

I also use a lens case with screw top. I fill it 1/3 and just dip the atty in it for about 5 secs. Works for me!

Up to 17 puffs now and it's starting to get weak and lose flavor...

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
geoduck,
I agree- this has helped me too since I never have "dipped" other than the small puddle that forms when filling carts if I put one too many drops... I "dip" my atty before putting cart back on-
Gatsby, Thx for that info- very helpful to know-

bluesuede, I am confused by your post though- Can you tell me, if you have a cart on as well as the "dip" why are you only getting 15-20 pulls before it starts to run dry?
With a cart alone I can vape 3 or 4 vaping sessions before I feel like I may need to top off or refill- (I would guess that would be at least 40 pulls or more) and that is without "dipping".
I liked the idea there though... I figured, fill my cart, "dip" and fill atty- and get a few more vaping sessions... Do you use a dry/empty cart? Just confused me that it seemed w/ a cart and dipping that you got less pulls than I get w/ cart only. Would this just chalk up to YMMV?

Kattdaddy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
We started with 801s. I quit smoking, my husband still smoked 2 packs/day. There was too much fiddling to suit him. Got the kr808d-1. He didn't like that one either. Too harsh, he said. Got the M401, gave it back to me. I was starting to really despair at this point.

I actually didn't like the 401 much either UNTIL I started dipping. Holy cow! Good TH and lots of vapor. It's actually becoming my favorite too. Hubby is now happy as a clam with his 401 and has already cut down to 1 pack/day of analogs. I'm hoping to have him mostly analog free soon. He's already requested more parts and chargers. I'd say I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for him. He's been one hard nut to crack! :D

Not using the right nutcracker!!!!! Get you a billie from the local truck stop, that always helps!!!LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread