Vg + distilled water only e-liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhmedoh

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Marlborough, Mass
Okay so, I have acres to vg and distilled water, and I want to make an easy DIY eliquid for gaping when I don't want to waste my limited supply of flavors( I'm not made of money :p)
is it possible to make a no flavor, no nicotine, vg based fluid, cut with distilled water so it works better in my 808 cattle/ clearomizers? I tried to make one that was like 75% vg, 15% Poland springs water(I know I know) and 15% oil based mint flavoring( I read some more and found out why this wouldn't really work). What I'm wondering is, is there a way I can make vapable fluid from just vg and distilled water? I'm looking for a cheap way to be able to cape with all my buddies in my dorm room without worrying about 4 people all chainvaping my good flavored stuff :p

Joe Normal

Mar 5, 2012
Europe
1st: Nice typo there.
2nd: Your percentage calculations are wrong. The maximum possible is 100%, you have 105%
(75% +15% + 15% = 105%)
3rd: Most flavors come in a PG solution/carrier, so except when you find a flavor producar that sells flavor in VG solutions/carriers, the answer to your question is "no". Why? Because the moment you add flavor, you have PG in the mix as the PG carries the flavor.

BTW: Just asking for the case files...
But why exactly do you want 15% of mint flavor?
Seems way to crass for me.

Clarkjs21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Michigan, US
I think hes asking if he can just make no nic, unflavored juice using VG and distilled water. The short answer is yes, you can. The only thing is that it might not taste the greatest but you 4 wont be able to see in your dorm room through the cloud of vapor that will be produced doing so. Also there will be next to no throat hit out of that mix

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
If your intent is to just make a simple liquid with VG & distilled water the answer is yes. You can also add a little flavor as the previous poster said. Some folks on a budget have also used store bought flavor extract (Watkins) with a little success. It won't be as flavorful as the concentrated flavorings we buy from TPA, FA, FW, Etc. but will give it some flavor and your Friends won't be vaping all your good stuff.

suhmedoh

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Marlborough, Mass
Thanks for the replies, but how exactly would I go about this? Can someone just give me a vapable ratio of vg to distilled water, I have a syringe and would only be making a small test run, like a 10 ml solution to try it out. And my first attempt, I just measured the liquids in the syringes, put it all in a shot glass, then covered it in Saran wrap and shook it; can I just do that? And if someone could just give me a ratio that would work in an 808 ranger cartomizers without it getting burnt that'd be great; I'm down to my last two empty cartomizers :/

Also sorry for spelling, I'm on my phone with auto correct

Nrgaway

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2012
Canada
I am interested in a 100% VG no flavour vape as well. I currently vape 50/50 PG/VG unflavoured and I love it, but want to try 100% VG.

I have 48% based VG nic, plus lots of 0% VG. I am hoping to make a final 12% nic by adding 5ml 48% VG, 14ML 0% VG and 1ML Distilled Water. From what I read I think 5% is what you need to add for water to dilute the thick VG mixture.

Hopefully someone that knows can confirm this recipe.

FreshBreath

Jun 21, 2012
Ohio
Thanks for the replies, but how exactly would I go about this? Can someone just give me a vapable ratio of vg to distilled water

hi suhmedoh, i diy my juice at 100% vg, and played with different ratios adding distilled water to thin it out. you should do the same.

so, i believe the answer your looking for is : 5-10% distilled water

example: 10ml bottle(or syringe) at 10%

9ml vg to 1ml distilled water

hope this helps

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
personally, I'm vaping 80% pure vg 20% pure distilled water, no flavor no nic, and it's working good in my Volt X2 clearomizer. I'm going to try 90% vg 10% distilled water next, but this works fine, atleast as a starting point for my DIY.

Just remember that flavorings will thin your mixes further unless of course you are using vg based flavors.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I have found that with 100%vg base you want to be around 75% to 80% vg/and the rest 20-25% should be a combination of your flavoring, distilled water, or any other additives like sweetener, lemon juice, vinegar, etc.

So 75%-80%vg/25%-20% everything else. Stick to that and youll have very few issues with the juice vaping well across a variety of equipment. If you have any burnt/dry hits then a little distilled water should fix it. Warming your vg juice in a hot cup of water for a few minutes before use can also help thick vg juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread