Vibration with the Pilots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorddrek

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
I noticed that mine discharged while snowboarding the other day. Between getting a little cold and bouncing around in my pocket it was dead after just a few puffs within 2 hours.

My greatest fear with these sensitive switches is continued discharge after the battery is drained. This is not good for lithium batteries and may explain dead or dying batteries.

I am trying test some aspects of the battery/charger functions and capacities and posting results in another thread.

Lorddrek

]v[icr0-kn0x

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Agreed, this is why I have a dse901 on order now. I mean I love the pilot when I'm using it at home or when noise is not a big factor, but at the rate that these things drain in certain conditions is just a bit ridiculous. I have been testing pilot in several condition. From having my car window down when drive, being around bars / clubs, and even just around loud music in general. This thing will just set off on it's own.

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
seems everyone is having more problems than i do with my evo and pilot batts. i won't rehash it all, but the only times i've had trouble is being around loud LIVE bands, heavy reverb from bass and bass guitars...

i've been in loud bars and loud jukebox music and people yelling all around me and had no issues. it's only been the live music that sets mine off. i wonder if the batches of batts just wasn't consistent? or if maybe mine aren't tortured enough?

one thing though, and sorry if this seems abrasive, but if we know this is an issue with vibration and such, why keep doing it and then griping about it? if they are loose in your pocket they are banging around and going to set off, so don't do that.

same with the windows if the wind is setting them off, and same with your hard hitting subs in your car. don't do it.

right?

hey doc it hurts when i bend my arm like "this." ok so don't bend it.

i dunno.

but yeah, i ordered a 901 so i can take to live shows, problem solved.

what if all the batts go to the electronic switches instead of the pneumatic? do we just give up and stop vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread