• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vicks Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Funny you should mention Dean's Dip......it's manufactured primarily in California.

How do I know this? The company I work for own's Deans. Nowadays, I can only find very minimal selections of it....only the french onion, ranch, & guacamole.....but there's lots of other flavors in other marketplaces.
REALLY? how long ago did this start??
that's who my inlaws use to sell to....

I don't like how things are changing so fast.....and it's very sad to see so many businesses leaving this state..especially the ones that are such institutions here....

Kilroy2.0

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Madison, WI
Originally owned and operated by the Yourga Family as Brookfield Dairy, the Dean Dairy Products Company in Sharpsville, Pennsylvania, is today the largest product capacity facility among all forty Dean Corporate locations in the United States. Plant capacity is an astounding 300,000 gallons per day.

Over 200 employees process more than 24 million pounds of milk monthly! Raw milk is purchased from more than 600 independent producers within a 150-mile radius of the dairy. The plant itself covers a vast five acres! Dean Food’s innovative Milk Chug is processed and packaged in the dairy’s plant addition that was built in 1998. The Dean Dairy Products Company of Sharpsville, PA is an amazing example of how the humblest beginnings yield the wealth of opportunity.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Originally owned and operated by the Yourga Family as Brookfield Dairy, the Dean Dairy Products Company in Sharpsville, Pennsylvania, is today the largest product capacity facility among all forty Dean Corporate locations in the United States. Plant capacity is an astounding 300,000 gallons per day.

Over 200 employees process more than 24 million pounds of milk monthly! Raw milk is purchased from more than 600 independent producers within a 150-mile radius of the dairy. The plant itself covers a vast five acres! Dean Food’s innovative Milk Chug is processed and packaged in the dairy’s plant addition that was built in 1998. The Dean Dairy Products Company of Sharpsville, PA is an amazing example of how the humblest beginnings yield the wealth of opportunity.

Really?? PA??? Hmmm........aparently, I had the wrong company in mind that they use to sell milk too.... BUT, I do know that was the dip the WI girl was all freaked out about at Lions! LOL

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I never really thought about the Dean's Dairy.....funny. I wonder what the difference is - I only know about the dips and that we own them.....I have to shuttle paperwork to California on a daily basis for the Dean's brand of dips....

I'll have to ask someone about that - I do know it was acquired early last year...

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
TOPEKA!!
(for all you Kelly Bundy fans out there)​

I do believe there's more than one Dean's in the country!!
Dean Foods Company -- Company History

There is A LOT of information on here, so I just skimmed it.
At first I was bummed since the first Dean man in this company was originally from Chicago, but they did buy up some dairy businesses in WI....so I guess some of it is 'ours'

(btw; I've only lived here 11 years lol)

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
In case you didn't see it in the main boards, I thought I'd post it here in the bar, where all good things are found for free....

09FY Lapel Pins - New England(801) - Event Information

when I entered my info, I did select NRT but then under "Other", I wrote "personal vaporizer".
I'd love to see the stats of who submitted how they quit LOL

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
In case you didn't see it in the main boards, I thought I'd post it here in the bar, where all good things are found for free....

09FY Lapel Pins - New England(801) - Event Information

when I entered my info, I did select NRT but then under "Other", I wrote "personal vaporizer".
I'd love to see the stats of who submitted how they quit LOL

I didn't see it in the main forum - but it's a good idea...I'm going to post this in the Emerald City, too...

How did it go with your reporter friend, Mlr? Any interviews on the horizon?

And, because everyone else is dying to meet you (because you bailed on our last meeting :D:D) what does your schedule look like for the next couple of weekends (I'm guessing Memorial Day will be shot, as everyone has plans....)

We need to plan another meet -n- greet....

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I didn't see it in the main forum - but it's a good idea...I'm going to post this in the Emerald City, too...

How did it go with your reporter friend, Mlr? Any interviews on the horizon?

And, because everyone else is dying to meet you (because you bailed on our last meeting :D:D) what does your schedule look like for the next couple of weekends (I'm guessing Memorial Day will be shot, as everyone has plans....)

We need to plan another meet -n- greet....

She said on Saturday night that she was going to talk to the health editor on Monday & she (my friend) goes back to work on WED (she normally has MO & TU off), so she's going to call me then. I'm sure it will be while I'm sitting in the chair tomorrow 'washing that grey right out of my hair" lol

so, what does everyone do behind that curtain in the Emeral City, Hmmm...??? LOL I see it mentioned a lot, but didn't know what it is.

As for meet and greets: yah; the weekends for the rest of this month is shot and I know for sure June 6th is a goner too.

Hmmm.....let me take a closer look at the calendar and let me see what we can do sooner....the 901 just isn't 'man enough' for me and I need an upgrade to something and really want some hands on experience here....(LOL at myself; but it was the first comment that came to my mind LOL

Then too; if Friend needs to do interviews, maybe I'll have to follow along; tell her I'd love to do a "take a friend to work day" lol

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
She said on Saturday night that she was going to talk to the health editor on Monday & she (my friend) goes back to work on WED (she normally has MO & TU off), so she's going to call me then. I'm sure it will be while I'm sitting in the chair tomorrow 'washing that grey right out of my hair" lol
I gave up trying to fight with the grey - now I just ignore it...

so, what does everyone do behind that curtain in the Emeral City, Hmmm...??? LOL I see it mentioned a lot, but didn't know what it is.

The Wiz put the social forum together, just like I put this one together...we do the same things, but that one's a lot more active...lots of talk, BS, goofing around, etc....I'm hoping we can get this one just as fun as Emerald...

Hmmm.....let me take a closer look at the calendar and let me see what we can do sooner....the 901 just isn't 'man enough' for me and I need an upgrade to something and really want some hands on experience here....(LOL at myself; but it was the first comment that came to my mind LOL
I can show you the kissbox and a standard 801 battery setup- sadly, the screwdriver has to go back (again!!!) to Trog....now the atomzier connector stayed firmly attached to my atty when I wanted to take the two apart! It's my turn for massive equipment failures, I guess..:-x..or maybe the SD heard about me buying the Stick and got sulky....:D But the Stick is supposed to ship this week, so maybe I'll have it by memorial day :thumb:

Then too; if Friend needs to do interviews, maybe I'll have to follow along; tell her I'd love to do a "take a friend to work day" lol

I might have cold feet and need someone to hold my hand during the interview (unless Tamara wants to do it - I'd gladly step aside for that...)

Ya know, we might be able to do a smaller meet during the week, just Tamara, myself, and you - Tamara is in Waukesha, you're in Milwaukee, and I Work in Waukesha....so we're all lumped together....

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I gave up trying to fight with the grey - now I just ignore it...

I actually tried to give myself some highlights with the cap a few months back. It really was nice and subtle...I think it helped to blend in with the incoming quite nicely. But, when my un-fashion conscience almost 10 year old says "mom; you really need to do something with the skunk stripe..." well.....LOL

The Wiz put the social forum together, just like I put this one together...we do the same things, but that one's a lot more active...lots of talk, BS, goofing around, etc....I'm hoping we can get this one just as fun as Emerald...
What do you mean "hoping we can"? it is! well, except for the lack of people!! LOL
Is he planning on only letting a certain amount in? I saw him mention something about the gates were 1/2 closed now....

I can show you the kissbox and a standard 801 battery setup- sadly, the screwdriver has to go back (again!!!) to Trog....now the atomzier connector stayed firmly attached to my atty when I wanted to take the two apart! It's my turn for massive equipment failures, I guess..:-x..or maybe the SD heard about me buying the Stick and got sulky....:D But the Stick is supposed to ship this week, so maybe I'll have it by memorial day :thumb:

Sounds like a little bit of everything there!

Let's see how much I've retained: 801 is the daddy to the 901...
Kissbox is like.....the 501/dura c/yeti series.....
and the stick - that's the little square that fits in the palm of your hand so you can look like you are smoking your thumb?? which, given my first 6 years on earth as a Linus (had the thumb AND the blanket), maybe it will send me back to my childhood & we'll find the real hidden meaning to my nicotine addiction! LOL

I am happy with the 901 I guess; but now that I've gotten over my fear of it....it just seems like I have to wait sooo loong between puffs on it, or the atty gets over heated and the battery starts flashing.

I might have cold feet and need someone to hold my hand during the interview (unless Tamara wants to do it - I'd gladly step aside for that...)

I'm not even going to jump the gun & comment on that one LOL
It amazing how at ease those trained professionals can be. Well, that and we have a beer and a shot before hand, and that would make it even better! (cue Peg...."yah....I'm just waiting for my stick to come..." as Tamara & I spit out our drinks in hysterical fits of laughter LOL)

Ya know, we might be able to do a smaller meet during the week, just Tamara, myself, and you - Tamara is in Waukesha, you're in Milwaukee, and I Work in Waukesha....so we're all lumped together....

Did I mention before that I have a massage at Azana (sp?) that I got for Christmas that I really should take advantage of before the girls are out of school for the summer?? Hmmm...after Memorial Day, they only have 3 weeks, and right now, my calendar is free on WE & THUR...and it looks like Friday of next week....

Last edited:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Hello everyone, I got a very nice invitation to join this group, so here goes. I live near Argyle, that's 12 mi east of Monroe. My husband and I live in a "retired" cheese factory, Wells Factory, so feel perfectly at home being a cheesehead, a Packer-Backer, and big time cheese eaters, here! And of course, my sit-down time is usually reading the posts and keeping up with what's going on in the world of PV's. Recently switched from an 801 penstyle to the Janty Stick, and loving it! I of course buy juice exclusively from JC Juice, which is the patriotic thing to do I believe...not only that, they're GOOD at what they do! Will be watching what's going on here with interest. I was trying to find the Belling interview regarding e-cigs on June 2, but could not find anything on it, perhaps someone could post a link? Thanks!

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
Hi Kate and welcome to our group!! This is a fun group. We definately need to keep the energy flowing here!

I'm in Richland Center. I sold my farm a few years ago, and downsized to a house in town. I play keyboards and sing in a duo called Einstein's Gypsy Rebels. I also produce jingles for advertising occasionally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread