Status
Not open for further replies.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Why go for the clone? The Vindicator itself with the constant contact switch Kennedy released is well worth the money over a side piece (not to bash Purge, they make great mods).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only reason I got this clone I spent my vape budget on the side piece and had enough left over for the clone.
Anywho,some said the paint held up others said their device had the paint chipping? Either way I can polish it down to the brass if it does.

Reactions: stols001

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
The only reason I got this clone I spent my vape budget on the side piece and had enough left over for the clone.
Anywho,some said the paint held up others said their device had the paint chipping? Either way I can polish it down to the brass if it does.

No doubt. I mean i personally would have gotten the Slam over Side piece but I don’t wanna carry around a 30mm heavy tube all day. I have the black ceracoated constant contact switch for my Vindicator 21 & I’m not very gentle with the mod.
My ceracoated Kennedy mods haven’t had any issues with the coatings (except for one of my K24’s black caps due to heavy use/wear & tear).
Clones are clones, I can’t speak for the quality of the coatings but I’d assume it would not be the same as an authentic Kennedy mod.
89c80baf13bb088087aae867382de34a.jpg

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
No doubt. I mean i personally would have gotten the Slam over Side piece but I don’t wanna carry around a 30mm heavy tube all day. I have the black ceracoated constant contact switch for my Vindicator 21 & I’m not very gentle with the mod.
My ceracoated Kennedy mods haven’t had any issues with the coatings (except for one of my K24’s black caps due to heavy use/wear & tear).
Clones are clones, I can’t speak for the quality of the coatings but I’d assume it would not be the same as an authentic Kennedy mod.
89c80baf13bb088087aae867382de34a.jpg

True,very true. I'm not expecting miracles with a clone holding up . As long as it functions I will be fine. Yeah I was going back and forth over getting the stacked slam or side piece. The side piece won out because it's not a long tube mod and fits in the hand. I wish I had enough money to get the solid silver cup for the switch but the extra $149.00 was out of my budget at that point.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
True,very true. I'm not expecting miracles with a clone holding up . As long as it functions I will be fine. Yeah I was going back and forth over getting the stacked slam or side piece. The side piece won out because it's not a long tube mod and fits in the hand. I wish I had enough money to get the solid silver cup for the switch but the extra $149.00 was out of my budget at that point.

If you’re gonna pay $149 for a solid silver cup you may as well just get a Vindicator 21 with the CC switch. It’s much smaller and lighter than the slam.
I do a fair amount of business with people down in Palm Bay / Melbourne, Florida which is where Purge is located. Great mods & good people running the company.
Still I prefer my Vindicator 21 to a slam piece just based on size & weight. And now with the CC switch, which is silver plated - not pure I know - the performance is incredible & it’s been my daily ever since really first getting the mod (copper, serial no. 0007)

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
If you’re gonna pay $149 for a solid silver cup you may as well just get a Vindicator 21 with the CC switch. It’s much smaller and lighter than the slam.
I do a fair amount of business with people down in Palm Bay / Melbourne, Florida which is where Purge is located. Great mods & good people running the company.
Still I prefer my Vindicator 21 to a slam piece just based on size & weight. And now with the CC switch, which is silver plated - not pure I know - the performance is incredible & it’s been my daily ever since really first getting the mod (copper, serial no. 0007)

Low serial number very nice. The vindicator was not what I was interested in,the stacked slam or side piece were the two of choice for me.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I wouldn’t have wasted my money on a Kennedy Clone, the authentic’s are very reasonably priced. I have a few Vindicator’s and love them all. Personally I have a number of High end Mod’s and the Vindicator is my most used Mod.

Also on a side note, IMO Purge are obscenely over priced for what you get. If you like them great but I just believe that there is too much hype around them and as I said they’re obscenely overpriced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Love my Vindicators

https://i.imgur.com/K7RIAGF.jpg[/IMO]

I wouldn’t have wasted my money on a Kennedy Clone, the authentic’s are very reasonably priced. I have a few Vindicator’s and love them all. Personally I have a number of High end Mod’s and the Vindicator is my most used Mod.

Also on a side note, IMO Purge are obscenely over priced for what you get. If you like them great but I just believe that there is too much hype around them and as I said they’re obscenely overpriced.

Just because you think Purge mods are over priced is your own opinion . I happen to like them. If I had already purchased the side piece trust me,I would have picked up the authentic vindicator.
My vape budget goes only so far and I get what I want when I spend it.

• Optimistic

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Just because you think Purge mods are over priced is your own opinion . I happen to like them. If I had already purchased the side piece trust me,I would have picked up the authentic vindicator.
My vape budget goes only so far and I get what I want when I spend it.
That's why I said "IMO", it means "in my opinion".

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
This device is gorgeous,clone or not. The threads are silky smooth and working very well. The only two problems I have is,1/ my Aequitas has a 3 1/2mm gap on top.2/ do not like a threaded copper button and contact on a brass tube. Would have preferred all brass.
I can only imagine how well the authentic works if the clone is this good. The device is smaller than my authentic launcher mod and that one is telescopic.

Reactions: T0mmy1977
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread