Status
Not open for further replies.

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
You are one of the few who pick up the chemical taste of pg. I do also. DOW is the only one I could tolerate. Tractor supply, TPA's tastes terrible to me.

Wow, I thought I was the only one! I can taste a chemically, almost copperish taste with PG. I can even smell PG. It smells like chemicals, almost like gasoline that has been heavily diluted. And yes! I love TFA's flavorings but I completely stopped using TFA PG(their's is the only one I have). I just depend on my PG content coming from my flavorings and nicotine. Which works out considering I like high VG. Then I do 5% distilled water. It ends up being the viscosity of 70% PG while being 50 to 80% VG. I find the water almost smooths the taste out. I get more a water after taste than a pg taste. I find I love the taste of VG, though.

I personally use ACV.
I have been using it now in most of my juices, just a few drops will do or more for an Apple Cider flavour e-juice...
I haven't tried Red Wine vinegar but tried herbal white vinegars that are very nice depending on your vape.
I found that most of the time it's un-noticable anyway unless you put too much or that's the taste you are looking for... ;)

Howdy, folks!

This was SO informative, SO helpful & SO time-consuming this I must take my grateful, spinning head off to sleep for a bit just to absorb some of what I've learned! Thanks to Pete for all his hard work, & to all those who presented questions, experiences & opposing views so a noob like me can be injected with the courage to try making her own juice!

Adieu!

~K

Blueser

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
Diddy Wah Diddy, USA
Last edited:

JJ1977

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
all i got to say is WOW i went threw 42 pages lol alot of reading but very helpful i turned a few mixes into something i can enjoy.

TYVM to everyone here ur guideance was very helpful and educational to my prospective. ty once again lol i read all the way upto pg.42 lol consumed part of my day :toast:

checkz

Nov 4, 2011
philadelphia, pa
Definitely a subscription thread. Nice work to all who diligently worked on this. Now, if only we could discover the "instant steep" additive... But that's for a different thread.
I loosely capped my liquid yesterday so volatile compounds could vent but water could not enter and put the bottles in a ramekin and ran the hot water at a steady slim stream into it for about an hour while I was doing something else. shook the bottles, rinsed them in cold water then tested. tasted at about the two day mark.

dead not sleeping

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Land of Thunder, Upstate NY
Vinegar can take the 'dry' out of the back of your throat. It has the same effect at saliva production as sweetener, just the other way. Good for blending and smoothing tobaccos. I've used acv and rwv and cant tell the difference between the two, but use less than 1% so there could be a difference. I use just enough to get rid of the drys.

Blueser

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
Diddy Wah Diddy, USA
Vinegar can take the 'dry' out of the back of your throat. It has the same effect at saliva production as sweetener, just the other way. Good for blending and smoothing tobaccos. I've used acv and rwv and cant tell the difference between the two, but use less than 1% so there could be a difference. I use just enough to get rid of the drys.

Now this is just weird...I guess everyone perceives things differently but I find in my mixes/taste whatnot...just the opposite. When I first started mixing my own juice I jumped on the vinegar thingy because what did I know...after making a few comparisons with and without...I preferred "without"...I don't get any dry throat and very seldom do I need any more than a 4-6 hr warm-water bath and my tobacco's are good to go and I mix tobacco's almost exclusively...thanks to "we2rcool" for the vg base idea or something, my mixes don't seem to be-n-need of the popular thought-to-b flavor enhancers...maybe I'm just simple and easy to please :ohmy:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

Do you notice a fade in flavor as time goes by. I tried ACV a long time ago and noticed flavor faded much faster after a period of weeks went by. When ACV was first introduced onto the DYI scene it was used to revive old mixes that had already faded and for some reason it was turned into this "Magic flavor POP" solution. My experience is yes it does make a flavor pop but that's just for the present. My experience has been that flavor will fade faster over time with the use of ADV then without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread