• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

VIP August Meeting Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Howdy Gang!
Thought we'd start a thread discussing the next SUNDAY Monthly meeting to get some ideas going.

We can discuss the monthly Wednesday (week-day) meeting issues in another thread... anyone else wanna lead that one? Ferris? Ferris Bueller?

Jerry (RadioKaos) has kindly offered to do a tutorial class on making battery Mods. I've sent him some questions (to find out his schedule, thoughts, supply lists, cost per person, etc.) and addressed some things we need to think about while trying to plan this and do it in a public place. I'll post what he says when I get an email back and if/when I get an ok from Hazelwoods.

So, here is my 2 cents (and everyone please post your thoughts and spare change ;-)):

I didn't know if you guys want to do one more low key meet up. This will give everyone who didn't get to go last time a chance to just relax and get to know everyone. I know there were several people I didn't get to sit down and really chat with that were there! I thought Gswan (Gary) was a PHXSmokeless rep. for the first hour I was there, ha. (sorry Gary, I'll make sure to pay more attention to ya this time!). I won't be so harried and hurried this time either! Nice...

Also at this meeting (if we aren't doing Mods) maybe we could have Chad Green give a talk about what the ECA is about and fill us in on their current activities for a few minutes? Would you all have an interest in learning more about this organization?

We could do this next meet in August (Sunday dates would be the 9th, 16th, 23rd or 30th??) and if the schedule works for Jerry - the mod tutorial in September (which would give us some time to really plan it well and get permission from the location owners). I'll let you know as soon as I hear from Jerry.

Please post your thoughts and ideas and concerns. All of the above is to just get the ball rolling, fill you in on some of the ideas brought up at the last meet and encourage you to get your great ideas out there.

If you have schedule issues in either of those months, post NOW please so we can try to get everyone there.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again, and getting to meet the people who couldn't make it on the 12th.
v.

laynies

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2009
Phoenix, Az
The first three August dates are going to be rough for me since my son will be visiting from Long Island. I could make any Sunday meeting but wouldn't be able to stay quite so long unless it's the 30th, he flies back the 29th.

I guess what I'm saying is that if we were going to do mods I'd prefer it to be the 30th so I can invest the time, if it's going to just another meet & greet any Sunday will work as long as you don't mind me just popping in for an hour or two.

I think the main thing is we just keep the ball rolling. We had such a nice group show up last time.

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
Do I gotta do a Poll to get you guys to say what you wanna do at the next meeting? LOL

Don't make me pull out the Poll...

:D

I already said it...eat and vape.

Okay, I would like a good source of Juice to be there. I'm thinking of bringing some cash this time for juice. So...juice is a definite.

As far as activities...battery mod sounds interesting but I'm really not into the technical side of these things...I deal with enough technical crap at work.

Bring local suppliers with cards and codes, and some products to demo. Any new products coming out that a supplier would like to demo to the group? It's really "Hey, we're a group who likes to vape. If you would like to sell to us, swing on by. Got a new product? Stop in. Got some good juice? Stop in. Got some treats for the group (not necessary)? Stop in."

I personally don't mind no "freebies" being around. Having a place to eat and vape without worry is a nice thing in my eyes.

Up2Eleven

Jul 8, 2009
I already said it...eat and vape.

Okay, I would like a good source of Juice to be there. I'm thinking of bringing some cash this time for juice. So...juice is a definite.

As far as activities...battery mod sounds interesting but I'm really not into the technical side of these things...I deal with enough technical crap at work.

Bring local suppliers with cards and codes, and some products to demo. Any new products coming out that a supplier would like to demo to the group? It's really "Hey, we're a group who likes to vape. If you would like to sell to us, swing on by. Got a new product? Stop in. Got some good juice? Stop in. Got some treats for the group (not necessary)? Stop in."

I personally don't mind no "freebies" being around. Having a place to eat and vape without worry is a nice thing in my eyes.

I'm with DisMan on this one.

Sharky

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Phoenix AZ
I would be very interested in the battery mod deal. Matter of fact if you could find out what the project is in advance then maybe we could pick up the parts required to do the mod and bring them to the class so that the actual mod can be made by those interested.

Also, if you are going to have give aways, why not turn it into a raffle and charge 5 or 10 bucks per ticket with proceeds going to wherever it is deemed appropriate to help with the legal cause of our addiction. Just some thoughts...

Last edited:

DisMan

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2008
I would be very interested in the battery mod deal. Matter of fact if you could find out what the project is in advance then maybe we could pick up the parts required to do the mod and bring them to the class so that the actual mod can be made by those interested.

Also, if you are going to have give aways, why not turn it into a raffle and charge 5 or 10 bucks per ticket with proceeds going to wherever it is deemed appropriate to help with the legal cause of our addiction. Just some thoughts...

Well, if you do it Dan's way...you'll need a car battery, wheelie cart, some jumper cables, and some heavy insulation for your hands. He's wanting a 12V model with plenty of run-time.

Gswan

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Gilbert, AZ.
I loved the last meeting, and Sundays are ok by me.
I would be happy to help with teaching some of the mod stuff. It only takes about 15 min. to turn any usb passthru (mine is a 510) into a box mod that works GREAT!! and will vape 24 hrs easy.
So Hellen, you thought I was a rep? Well..I hope to be one soon;)

Hope to see you all soon at the VIP room!!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
VIP MEETING DATE: SUNDAY - AUGUST 9TH, 1:00 (HAZELWOODS 1ST PLACE).

With all the new people, and folks who couldn't make it the last time, let's just do it mostly KISS for this next meet with a few fun things planned.

Modding can wait, too many issues to deal with for the next meet. Maybe in October and maybe one of you have a "Man Cave" that could accommodate a group, a back patio at your home or work location where we could meet and use the soldering irons, cutters, etc. you can let us know. I just don't think Hazelwoods isn't going to be ideal for doing Mods. Gary, I'm sure Jerry would love some help with doing this.

Great idea about the $$ for drawings Sharky! I think it would be wise to support the ECA, and while I can't afford a membership, it would be good to throw a few bucks their way every month AND make it a fun thing for VIP members.

Here is more on the idea:

Everyone please consider something fun to donate for the drawings. It isn't mandatory (and if you are new, don't even worry about it, just come to the meeting and have fun). Doesn't have to be anything expensive. Bottle of VG, donate bottle(s) of e-liquid flavors you don't care for, a holder or case for an e-cig, dropper bottles, a battery mod. you don't use or can make up quick (DesrtRat, you are excused from donating your car battery mod). I know that Chad (from eCigSupply.com) is going to donate some new e-cig stuff from his 'shop' for the drawing since he's on the Board for ECA.

Tickets for the drawings (for donated prizes) will be $5, 3 tickets for $10. At the end, we'll draw a name for the person who takes home 1/2 the pot money (and the other half of the pot money goes to ECA). If we get 20 people at $5 a ticket you could go home with $50 (or more) and go buy a new e-cig (or a round of shots, ha) :rolleyes:

Comments? Agree/Disagree?

DATE - Set (tentatively) for the 9th, same place, same time (1:00). I'll be talking to John tomorrow to confirm the date. If it has to change, I'll post ASAP.

LOL @ Dis & Desrtrat - Jumper cables? Car Battery? How many volts is that? Cigar atomizer? LOL That I wanna see. Bring your mod. Ratty! Oh, and your burn ointment. :cool:

Pharaoh and Munson - Glad you'll be able to go! Just don't sit by Dis and Desrtrat unless you wear your fire proof suits to the meeting. LOL

Gswan - hey, I wanna hear what you are up to!! I need to send you a PM anyway... I needs to chat with you about passthrough mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread