Vision spinner weird discoloration, and won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilych

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2013
Santa Cruz, CA, USA
I got two vision spinner batteries from two different websites. One of them never worked great, the charge kept getting worse and worse, so I RMA'd it. I got one back, and it worked fine at first, but then something weird happened. The place where the atomizer or tank or what have you connects to the battery has a weird dark discoloration on it that won't come off, and the battery won't turn on.
when i plug it into charge the light turns on like it's working fine, but when i press the button nothing happens. I've tried the five click unlock thing, and that is definitely not it.
any one else seen this discoloration before, or know how to deal with it not turning on?

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
It sounds like the delivery device your using is leaking and also pushing the center pin of the spinner too far down.
Try gently pulling the center pin upward a bit with a small screw driver.
The center pin pushed down too far will short it out and account for it not working.
The discoloration sounds like burned juice has stained it.
I don't think there's anything you can do about this.

PS: Leave your delivery device standing up on its 510 connector overnight on a tissue and you can see if its leaking.
If its leaking too badly, you may want to toss it out....

Remember when you connect your spinner to a device or a charger, you're after a good connection, don't over-tighten it.
Screwing things down too firmly will push down the center pin on most any ecig and could cause it to short out etc...

Last edited:

ephemerata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
Did the discoloration occur over time? If so, I agree that it sounds like juice has leaked from your topper and burned onto the connection. I would dip a q-tip in some vodka or everclear and go to town on it. Make sure you dry it really well with a clean, dry q-tip afterward. If it doesn't begin working, it sounds like the connection was damaged through a build-up of fluid and over-tightening. I agree that you should ensure you aren't over-tightening the topper. As stated, this can lower the center pin and damage the connection. Over time it results in being pushed down so far you can't get anything to connect to it. I twist my topper onto the battery until right before it gets to the "sticking" point, where it requires greater tension to tighten it further.

I'm not sure where you ordered from, but FastTech has very inexpensive eGo Twists if you need to replace this one. No Spinners though, but they're pretty much the same thing.

ilych

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2013
Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Can't take a picture; my cell phone camera is too terrible to show the color.
I've tried going at it with high proof alcohol already, and nothing will come off so I'll try that again just to check.
What is this center pin you guys are talking about? I don't see any pins...
edit: oh I think I see the post you're talking about. I pulled it up some with a pin, and it made no difference

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread