Vision TOX with metal heads back in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
i will see abot getting tubes just for them and work something out, so much is going on with them , they made plastic heads with the new guts, then they informed me that older tox kits have first tubes form separate factory, so they might not mesh 100% but most will some might need to be adjusted, but they havent had reports of bad heads , thats when i started testing heads and they where right, new tubes no issues, on some older tubes the connection is not perfect giving you a issue, but its fixable, just need to play with it and see which side needs to be sanded so the connection is solid.

this was not something i knew about at first, i was truly concentrating on making sure the heads are 100% improved and they are, when its on , it does more then older heads, has better button, metal case and the voltages are spot on and tested by br and many others. that was number 1 to me, making sure the heads are what we promised, we did not know that some tubes wont fit perfectly and might need adjusting.

preben

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
tn usa
I also dont mind working with it if it will solve the problem. I'm willing to try a little sanding. Taking the tube on and off ect. I've made a lot of mods and did have one that would not fire sometime because of a contact problem. I did kinda fix my longer tube that was real lose. I was able to push the top part with contacts(and the tabs) down into the tube some. Fits a lot tighter. Seems that the center top part with the tabs should have been recessed down farther inside the tube. I need to try find a way keep it there. May stay down buy itself. easy fix. Now I'll see what I can do with the 4 to 5 seconds hit part. With nothing but a meter on top still only fires for 4- 5 seconds. As of now 4-5 second and nothing (even if I wiggle the tube) till I release the button and press it again. I'll let it rest for a few hours see if that changes anything. Then try to do a little something with the contacts. Maybe another easy fix. Would love to have a 10 second hit if I wanted.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
we sent out 75 new heads
you, lord and about 4 people here have that issue
so not sure about everyone or else we would of been flooded with tickets.

You can add me to the list of those who have heads that turn off for no reason. It was happening often enough to be pretty aggravating, so I went back to using my old plastic one. I would have said something before now about this issue, but have been feeling too bad to log on to this thread.

Boognish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
Chocolate Town
Can someone tell me if there is any difference in the menus between the old and new heads. The minute counter and time/date are so pointless. I wish the voltage was the first option on the menu at least! "Goodbye my Master!" Ha! This thing cracks me up. Gotta wonder what the Chinese are smoking over there...

Last edited:

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Br, man, I hope you feel better soon! I know what it is to literally not have the oomph to even check in on your online forums, and it is no fun at all. I certainly appreciate your input on all manner of things, personally, so I'm guessing you're being missed all over ecf. lol Give you something fun to come back to, and you know you're valued, at least! Every time I've had to hiatus from my digital art home away from home online for a few mos, I get a royal queenly welcome when I come back, so hopefully when you ARE feeling better, you'll get a lil boost out of the welcome you receive here. ;)

And yeah, issue with my head turning off randomly has only happened maybe 3x, but if there is a fix it would be cool. lol I'm normally so addlepated that I'm sucking on the dang thing for a few minutes before i realize its OFF! rofl SO not a major thing for me, either way (which is why I haven't submitted a ticket, of course, but I should have at least let you know it was happening on the very seldom occasion...sorry, Chris!), but a quick fix is always nice. And yeah, +1 on stupid time and date... its just silly. I love the puff counter, though, and I'd thought that would be utterly useless. I just find it intriguing to know how many times I vape over x time period. Hey, is there a function to check remaining batt life, or just that little cell phone graphic w bars? I couldn't remember, and randomly pressing combinations of buttons wasn't very effective to find if there was a menu function for remaining voltage (go figure). ;)

Last edited:

Boognish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
Chocolate Town
So I won my tox/gs sub in a raffle at a vape meet yesterday. It came with 3 tubes...18350, 18500, and 18650. Love the switchable battery options. Just read almost all of this thread this morning. I've done a lot of business with GV in the past and would love to buy one of the new metalheads:headbang:. Are they available still on their own??

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
So I won my tox/gs sub in a raffle at a vape meet yesterday. It came with 3 tubes...18350, 18500, and 18650. Love the switchable battery options. Just read almost all of this thread this morning. I've done a lot of business with GV in the past and would love to buy one of the new metalheads:headbang:. Are they available still on their own??

One of the differences between version 2 and version 3 to tell them apart is if you tap the left minus button it will show you your voltage. You can then adjust the voltage. If you press and hold the left button it will show you counter and time and date.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
Br, man, I hope you feel better soon! I know what it is to literally not have the oomph to even check in on your online forums, and it is no fun at all. I certainly appreciate your input on all manner of things, personally, so I'm guessing you're being missed all over ecf. lol Give you something fun to come back to, and you know you're valued, at least! Every time I've had to hiatus from my digital art home away from home online for a few mos, I get a royal queenly welcome when I come back, so hopefully when you ARE feeling better, you'll get a lil boost out of the welcome you receive here. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement, orachel. I need all that I can get, heheh. Recovery from my last surgery has been much slower than predicted due to unforeseen circumstances and the doc tells me I should be completely back on my feet in another month or so.

I hope to feel up getting back to work on the lathe before long in order to make a new cartomizer for Peggy. She ran off an left her latest one in the hospital when I checked out and is having to make do with an earlier version.

CoyoteRed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Prospect Park, Pa.
Same here. mine is not firing every time now. And also, sometime the screen doesn't light up when it fires or the screen is all scrambled. Maybe I'll try a little light sanding on the contacts.

I have those problems too.
BAD says he know's a fix and will post a video,I'm going to wait for that.
I wouldn't want to void my warranty.LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread