• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Visited E-Six in Branford today

Status
Not open for further replies.

skizif

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
CT
I picked up some waterberry yesterday and it's definitely vapable right out of the kitchen. If it gets better with time, it will be a bonus. It's actually the first fruit flavored juice that doesn't make me gag. I picked up a bottle of their RY4 but it's rather tasteless right now. It was wonderful at the tasting bar so I have high hopes (and a rather large bottle). I tried the bazooka and didn't like it at all (YMMV, of course).

The RY4 is definitely my favorite RY4 I have had over the years. Give it a good week, maybe 2 and see what you think. Might help to shake the hell out of it before using it too...they do mix all their juices when you order em.

relicalchaos

Aug 1, 2013
CT
I also bought some Water-Berry yesterday (it's been awhile)... At the tasting table, it was amazing and made me want to buy a batch lol
After I loaded up a tank, Not even close to to the sampler or from what I remembered. I'm hoping steeping will fix this issue.

RY4 was pretty decent. But theres something about there Vanilla and tobacoo flavors I don't care for. But then again, Some of there samplers were pretty gunked up and definitely are in dire need of cleaning.

ClairzyDoats

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Fairfield, CT, USA
Thanks for the advice. I have some of the TY4 in a tank right now and I'm just beginning to taste a bit of caramel. I'll give it a couple of weeks.

I was under the impression that NEV sold juice online but I'm not seeing much on their website. If I have to truck all the way back to get more black licorice, I may kill someone (95 sucks these days).

skizif

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
CT
Thanks for the advice. I have some of the TY4 in a tank right now and I'm just beginning to taste a bit of caramel. I'll give it a couple of weeks.

I was under the impression that NEV sold juice online but I'm not seeing much on their website. If I have to truck all the way back to get more black licorice, I may kill someone (95 sucks these days).

I feel your pain...I live in west haven. Its your lucky day if you make it from west to east haven without sitting in traffic.

vwkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2013
CT
Finally stopped by here last weekend. Picked up a 32ml of Darkside, friend has it and I loved it. He also had their Sweet Leaf which is really good. He's a tobacco vaper, but got a raspberry lemonade from them (forget what they call it) because he liked a similar flavor of mine from another vendor. He vaped it for a day or two then gave it to his girlfriend and went back to his Sweet Leaf.

Guys in there were cool, we chatted tattoos for a bit, it was moderately busy in there on a Saturday afternoon. Picked up an 18650 and some silica wick, nice to know I can go somewhere local for those things in a pinch. When you've got no battery or wick, waiting five days isn't going to cut it.

skizif

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
CT
Just a heads-up for anyone who has not heard...E-Six is moving again...

-from their facebook page
Ok everybody.... the time has come. E-Six will be making the move to the new location starting on Wednesday Oct. 16th- Thursday Oct 17th. We will be closed for those two days (Wed. & Thurs.)
Our new address once again is 869 West Main St. Branford,Ct.
Heading north if you continued past our store on Rt 1 we are just over the top of Branford Hill on the right. In the same strip as Dollar Tree and Kampai in the old Community Baptist Church on the North end of the building.
And as always we thank all of you for coming to our store and we hope to do nothing but make your experience better.

Miller319

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
Connecticut
I can't say that I had the same experience in their store as a newbie.

I found them in a Google search and decided to stop by. I drove down from the Hartford area on a rainy day about a month ago. The parking was terrible (one of the big reasons their moving I see), but I managed to get one on the side of the building. After spending about twenty minutes looking at the three small glass cases along the left wall, I tried to flag down an employee for some help. There were three people behind a computer on the left and two people behind a counter on the right. No combination of "Excuse me" or mild hand waves could get me anything. I finally walked up to the counter, only to get a "Be with you in a minute", followed by getting ignored for another ten minutes. New people walking though the door were getting waited on ahead of me at this point. So, I left.

Fortunately I found Youtube and ECF to begin my education when I got home. I've been ordering online instead.

I'm not a loud or aggressive shopper, I worked too much retail as a teenager to do that. I can also accept that something else may have been going down at the counter that I couldn't see. I just can't imagine leaving a clueless shopper to wander aimlessly for that long without being approached for help.

I don't know what to make of it. All of you seem to be having a great experience with this place. Maybe it's not very newb friendly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread