Vivi Nova 2.5 and the Silver Bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
I recently viewed a video on YouTube where a very well known vaper in the vaping community had had his Silver Bullet short out on him on two seprate ocaissons when he used the Vivi Nova on them.... I'm talking melted AW batts and hot springs.

I just received the two Vivi Nova 2.5 tanks that I had planned on using on my Kicked Silver Bullets. Having said this, after viewing the video I saw, I am extremely heaitant on using the Vivi Nova 2.5 on my Kicked Silver Bullets.

Has anyone else out there experienced negative outcomes when using the Silver Bullet and the Vivi Nova 2.5 together? Are there any of you that do use the Vivi Nova and the Silver Bullet (Kicked) with no issues at all?

Thank you so much for any help/insight you can share.
Carmen

woody55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2011
I am familiar with that video, it was posted in the first part of July last year. The older version Vivi Nova's came from 2 different vendors. The Vivi Nova has been redone since then. That happened to him a month or so before the video. I have not heard of it happening to anyone else. I have no idea how it will work on a kicked mod. I have used them on VV, VW and standard mods with no problem.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I recently viewed a video on YouTube where a very well known vaper in the vaping community had had his Silver Bullet short out on him on two seprate ocaissons when he used the Vivi Nova on them.... I'm talking melted AW batts and hot springs.

I'm going to address this from another perspective... one of responsibilities that as an owner each of us has but often overlook.

The SB is an all mechanical mod... like any mechanical mod, there are no electronics to monitor for faults in the atty, carto, clearo or tank that is put onto them. Because of this, as mentioned in all of the precautionary warnings found just about everywhere... WE are responsible to test the parts we place on our mods to ensure that there are no shorts in them. We are also cautioned to use only PROTECTED style batteries on these mods.... If you don't test first and there is a short, the protection circuit in the battery along with the hot spring is suppose to fail as you described to avoid an even worse problem... a runaway battery that forcibly vents and/or explodes. So yes, the batteries and spring they used did fail as designed in order to avoid a worse disaster.

The Kick is an electronic module that is added to a unregulated mod... it does have protection built into it that would cause it to shut down if there is a short or if the battery runs low on power. Having this protection circuit doesn't relieve us of our own responsibility to test the coils out on our atty's, carto's, clearo's and/or tanks... but it does add additional protection beyond what a protected battery and/or hot spring provides.

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
Woody and RDSock, thank you so very much for your input. Your advice and input truly helped a lot.

I was aware that the Kick had protection built into it but I still don't want anything happening to it, especially since they are so difficult finding them in stock.

The Viva Nova 2.5 is working flawlessly on my ProVari and I am enjoying it. With this being said, I may try using it on my Kicked SB in the near future.

And you're absolutely right, RDSock, it is our responsibility that we use any device safely. I'm happy to know that we as fellow vapers look out for one another and for that, I thank you.

~C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread