vivi nova burnt taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Greetings Nobreak; I have a ViVi Nova (Mini) that I use as a backup tank, and I get the same dry, burned taste from time to time. I've learned through trial-and-error that it's useful to slosh around the e-liquid between vapes, to keep the wicks covered with e-liquid, and to take a hit without pressing the battery button occasionally, to draw liquid onto the coil. I've seen threads on ECF with other Vivi users talking about these sorts of techniques. Having made my comments, I have to add that i'm a newb, with lots to learn still about best vaping practices.

I recently stumbled across a vendor's website selling aftermarket dual coil replacement heads for the Vivi Nova -- I just ordered a pack. No idea if this will help in terms of the dry, burned taste, but apparently these dual coil heads will produce thicker vapour. Can't wait to try them.

Regards
Glenn

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
UPDATE: well come to find out it's a Smoktech Vivi 2.5!!!
Is this a cheap ripoff?

... I've learned through trial-and-error that it's useful to slosh around the e-liquid between vapes, to keep the wicks covered with e-liquid, and to take a hit without pressing the battery button occasionally, to draw liquid onto the coil.

I recently stumbled across a vendor's website selling aftermarket dual coil replacement heads for the Vivi Nova -- I just ordered a pack. ....

I have seen more complaints Re: Smoktech Vivi than others. I have three Vision brand for over a year without issue....YMMV

The best way to ensure wicking is to shorten and fluff up the wicks, raising your PV to take a draw will wet them enough to wick properly.

From what I have read, the dual coil heads are designed to ONLY be used with a Dual Coil Vivi design tank, let us know if they fit the standard Vivi tanks, (I love a good experiment, and how a unit may be modded...:))

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Agree with Stosh. Friends and myself using Vision Vivi Novas for 10+ months and no issues whatsoever. A friend bought a whack of the SmokTech Vivis at a deep discount and HATED them- poor wicking, dry burning. They're now sitting in a drawer.
Here's the diff between SmokTech and Vision brand heads:

ST-Vivi.jpg

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
.....Here's the diff between SmokTech and Vision brand heads:

View attachment 267514

The SmokTech heads can be modded, if you remove the silicone cap and use a dremel tool to grind down the top of the head to be the same height as a Vision head. Then just use the silicone cap from an old Vision head on it. The SmokTech heads actually have a slightly larger wick slot and properly modded will work fine.

Realize the Vivi tanks are an extension of the old E2 cartos in a MAP tank (Most AngryPirate). The E2 was a 1mL carto with a top coil and wicks, they needed adjustments to work properly (most vaping gear did back then). If you slotted them and put them in a bigger 3-5mL MAP tank you could load up all day juice, and the wicks were easier to wet down. The Vivi is nothing more than a more elegant makeover of the original mod, as are most gear available today (such as a Protank).

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
The SmokTech heads can be modded, if you remove the silicone cap and use a dremel tool to grind down the top of the head to be the same height as a Vision head. Then just use the silicone cap from an old Vision head on it. The SmokTech heads actually have a slightly larger wick slot and properly modded will work fine.

Realize the Vivi tanks are an extension of the old E2 cartos in a MAP tank (Most AngryPirate). The E2 was a 1mL carto with a top coil and wicks, they needed adjustments to work properly (most vaping gear did back then). If you slotted them and put them in a bigger 3-5mL MAP tank you could load up all day juice, and the wicks were easier to wet down. The Vivi is nothing more than a more elegant makeover of the original mod, as are most gear available today (such as a Protank).

Friend that has the SmokTech Vivi also had problems with the spring pushing his batt connecter pin down. Gave him a few Vision Vivis for a Bday present...when he opened his gift he wasn't too pleased (maybe that's cuz I relabeled the box "SmokTech) until he filled them and began vaping :laugh:

Last edited:

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
From what I have read, the dual coil heads are designed to ONLY be used with a Dual Coil Vivi design tank, let us know if they fit the standard Vivi tanks, (I love a good experiment, and how a unit may be modded...:))

Greetings; I'd put up the link to the item, but don't want to seem like I'm flogging it, and in any event the vendor is Canadian.

I'll follow up after I get these replacement heads on Saturday. The Vivi isn't at the very top of my list of favourite clearos, but I do like it, and a Vivi + more vapour is something I would like a lot.

Regards
Glenn

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Greetings; I'd put up the link to the item, but don't want to seem like I'm flogging it, and in any event the vendor is Canadian.

I'll follow up after I get these replacement heads on Saturday. The Vivi isn't at the very top of my list of favourite clearos, but I do like it, and a Vivi + more vapour is something I would like a lot.

Regards
Glenn

You can post the link and if ECF has any probs with it the link will be automatically blocked without penalty to you. Is it CV by any chance? I flog Vendors all the time if something is at the right price.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I'll follow up after I get these replacement heads on Saturday. The Vivi isn't at the very top of my list of favorite clearos, but I do like it, and a Vivi + more vapour is something I would like a lot.

Regards
Glenn

Keep the power, wattage / voltage low, top coil systems seem to like lower power applications.
Why this is, I have no idea, but I'm not paid to wonder why, just vape or...:laugh:

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
You can post the link and if ECF has any probs with it the link will be automatically blocked without penalty to you. Is it CV by any chance? I flog Vendors all the time if something is at the right price.

Greetings; Ya, it's CV. I'll put up the link, and if I get busted, I can put it on you :D

https://www.canvape.com/Dual-Coil-Vivi-Nova-Coils-p/vividualcoil.htm

According to the blurb, this is for regular Vivi Novas, and I got this confirmed when i emailed CV to get some additional info.

This will be my first try with a dual coil setup. I'll post how it goes after I try the thing out. Thanks Stosh for the info re: power.

Regards
Glenn

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Greetings; Ya, it's CV. I'll put up the link, and if I get busted, I can put it on you :D

https://www.canvape.com/Dual-Coil-Vivi-Nova-Coils-p/vividualcoil.htm

According to the blurb, this is for regular Vivi Novas, and I got this confirmed when i emailed CV to get some additional info.

This will be my first try with a dual coil setup. I'll post how it goes after I try the thing out. Thanks Stosh for the info re: power.

Regards
Glenn

LOLLL actually CV is an ECF Forum Supplier (a cut above regular Vendors). Here's CV/ Adam's/ Mopar's CV thread.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canvape/
All the Best.

rangie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
NOTTINGHAM ENGLAND
no mate smok vivi nova is there copy on the original vivi nova is it a bottom coil one you have or the long wick version I have both and the dct smok do some nice tanks they are not the cheapest out the but they decent for the price they also do pyrex glass they are worth getting then you aint got to worry about cracking your tank also give kanger protanks protank minis ago they are bottom fed coils I like to make ss/mesh coils now for my bottom fed coils evods t3s t4 are all good on ego style batteries

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
Agree with Stosh. Friends and myself using Vision Vivi Novas for 10+ months and no issues whatsoever. A friend bought a whack of the SmokTech Vivis at a deep discount and HATED them- poor wicking, dry burning. They're now sitting in a drawer.
Here's the diff between SmokTech and Vision brand heads:

View attachment 267514

I found out that my first VN was a knock-off when my CV dual coil replacement heads arrived...they don't work on SmokTech VNs, which is what I must have because the head has that same pointee thingee on top of it as in the picture, good nab Vapoor.

More recently I got a real VN, and it is a lot better. Not getting dry burns all the time like with the knock-off, and the vapour is much thicker. :thumbs:

Regards
Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread