Vivi Nova Rebuild tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanPirate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
New Mexico
I know this has been in other threads. But have you tried to use the search on this forum.lol What type of wire am I looking for for the nr wire.Is it Nichrome, just nickel, or do i really want the .999% pure silver wire. Thanks very much for the info on the rebuild.

Also what size is the holes you put in it. I only have a drill press use so i need to know the size of drill bit I'm going need

Last edited:

meatsneakers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
NYC
Got these in the mail an hour ago. I am convinced that the people who design these things don't use them. The center post sticks out way too far and was cocked to the side, shorting to ground. If someone with an eGo used this it would have blown it out. Got that straightened out and filled it up. The coil and wick worked but the piece of nichrome that runs down the connector/silicone washer was glowing red hot even on short pulls. HOW IS THIS A PROPER DESIGN CHOICE? Idiots. Hopefully people aren't vaping these if they have that issue as the acrid silicone burning can't be good to inhale.

Anyway, just finished up a re-wick with cotton surrounded by SS in the coil area. Used regular wire like the tutorial to make the short run to the silicone washer and it's working fantastic. This is my first tank atty rebuild that I didn't have to fiddle with for hours and still not be happy with - it's wicking and vaping great, 1.6Ω @ 4.3v. Thanks urquidezj.

AmericanPirate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
New Mexico
I just got mine in today too. Besides having to trim the wicks and soak them in a vodka bath to get rid of a really bad residue taste. They are working pretty damn good. I haven't noticed any of the problems you had meatsneakers but from what i have read so far it seems to be 50/50 if you get good ones or not. but since I'll be rebuilding these from now on I think the 6 attys i got with the 2 tanks i got in should last me just fine.

Edit: Well I get like 15 mins of really good vapes followed by a really bad taste so looks like I'm going to have to build my own attys for it. I was hoping I wouldn't have to since I now have to wait for my wire and wicks to come in.

Last edited:

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ
They did mess up badly on the pin meat. But a quick grind off and grind the channel deeper for air flow will remedy this. Also drill the side airholes to .052, they are .042 stock. The increased airflow is dramatic. I have seen four of these that my buddies at work ordered and they all have that center pin sticking out about 5/64. Not a big deal but shouldnt have gotten past qc.

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
good pics and tut! I got my vivi the other day- soaked it in alcohal boiled it, soaked in vodka and boiled it- dry burned it a few times and still made bobas taste like vaping a crap juice. So.... what the hell is the concensus on these? Is it the kanthal wire they used or the wick material that tastes like utter crap- or maybee im getting some burnt o-ring going on...

doesnt matter- ill use my modded v3 stone untill my kanthal wire gets here, i need to pickup some wick but broke from splurging on some nlv juice jugs- will probablly just use the wick from an old v3stone innard- I plan on trying the stainless mesh trick as well- that seems like a good idea, I have a bunch of stardusts that dont hit for anything - i think the coils are wrapped too tight on them too

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
good pics and tut! I got my vivi the other day- soaked it in alcohal boiled it, soaked in vodka and boiled it- dry burned it a few times and still made bobas taste like vaping a crap juice. So.... what the hell is the concensus on these? Is it the kanthal wire they used or the wick material that tastes like utter crap- or maybee im getting some burnt o-ring going on...

doesnt matter- ill use my modded v3 stone untill my kanthal wire gets here, i need to pickup some wick but broke from splurging on some nlv juice jugs- will probablly just use the wick from an old v3stone innard- I plan on trying the stainless mesh trick as well- that seems like a good idea, I have a bunch of stardusts that dont hit for anything - i think the coils are wrapped too tight on them too

Speaking of the VS3. U know anyone still selling the innards in the USA? I found some in AUS 5 for $11 but wont ship here. VS3 blew the nova away. It kills me to know they did away with it for something that had more issues.

The problem your having is wire making connection about a half inch down the tube by rubber. Bad combo. The straight runs glow red cause they have no juice on them and thats where the mute flavor comes from. Well mute or rubber taste.

AmericanPirate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
New Mexico

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
I didnt have any no resistance wire so just folded the legs of the coil, doubling them- twisting them tight...

I did a 2ohm 5-wrap coil 32awg over 3 lengths of wick, I left about an inch of kanthal for the coil legs and folded the legs in half and tightly twisted them, this effectively should cut the resistance of the legs in half, did a dry burn test and the inner coil lights up nicely and slowly works to the outer coils, the legs are not glowing and not getting hot, no burnt or funny taste, the flavor is great now

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Well I just grabbed one from MadVapes, the V2, GoodProphets also carries them.

Vision CE2 ViVi Nova V2

The positive center contact no longer sticks way out and it has short wicks.

new%20GP%20and%20Nova%20009.jpg

The silicone top cap is now just a tube.

new%20GP%20and%20Nova%20011.jpg

L7D4N

Ice Cream!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Well I just grabbed one from MadVapes, the V2, GoodProphets also carries them.

Vision CE2 ViVi Nova V2

The positive center contact no longer sticks way out and it has short wicks.

new%20GP%20and%20Nova%20009.jpg

The silicone top cap is now just a tube.

new%20GP%20and%20Nova%20011.jpg

Wow, it looks like the center tube in the tank is a lot taller, the replaceable atomizers are shorter, and even the top cap is different in that it's no longer flat on the inside, it's recessed. This looks like they've incorporated quite a bit of the Stardust into the Vivi Nova.

Would you be able to provide a pic of the atomizer head without the silicone cap on it, or can you confirm if they no longer have the cuts for the wick to slide down into? It looks like the new design may be much more difficult in terms of modding, but better for those to fill and vape. I may cut off the top of one of my silicone caps for the atomizer head to see if it'll get better airflow...

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize these were the pics from GP's site. Once you get yours in, if you would be able to confirm, I'll make sure I avoid the V2 when I stock up on these tanks. They vape like a beast when using cotton and drilling out the wick/coil seat in the head.

Last edited:

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Wow, it looks like the center tube in the tank is a lot taller, the replaceable atomizers are shorter, and even the top cap is different in that it's no longer flat on the inside, it's recessed.

Would you be able to provide a pic of the atomizer head without the silicone cap on it, or can you confirm if they no longer have the cuts for the wick to slide down into? It looks like the new design may be much more difficult in terms of modding, but better for those to fill and vape. I may cut off the top of one of my silicone caps for the atomizer head to see if it'll get better airflow...
I'll see about some pics later, the old camera I have doesn't focus well or zoom any more.

But yes it has the slots, which appear to go a bit deeper. It would appear that the coil legs will now also be shorter. Above the wick the tube is shorter. It also narrows, creating a stop for the silicone sleeve, which seems like a good idea. It should help to keep it off the wick and avoid squeezing it from the top.

Both of these vendors just got these in, there is a chance that that ones in this tutorial may not be available anymore except for existing inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread