Status
Not open for further replies.

L7D4N

Ice Cream!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I'm having good results with the V1, but I'll be breaking it down tonight and try to figure out where the restricted airflow is coming from.

I've drilled out the air holes in the bottom of the base to .0550" and removed the metal ring in the top cap, which helped, but after vaping it for a couple hours, it begins to get tight again.

L7D4N

Ice Cream!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Dallas, Texas
Alright, I made the draw much more to my preference, SUPER airy. I pulled the positive pin out of the bottom assembly by pushing it out the 510 connector, and expanded the air holes that are in the upper portion. Once I did this, and grinded off the nipple in the atomizer pin, I can pull air though it with no resistance. Its almost identical to a genesis I have with a 2mm air hole.

I was unable to get pictures of this due to my impatience in getting it working, but when my next one arrives, I'll post a how-to.

TheBigD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2009
I just ordered a bunch of replacement heads for my Vivi, and I want to try rebuilding them when they fail.

I get teh gist of what's going on and it doesn't seem too difficult, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Why use two kinds of wire?

2. How does wrapping the nr wire aroung the resistance wire actually work? I am unable to follow the pictures.

The way I perceive it now, I would twist the two wires together, and then wrap the twisted part around the wick, and then use the nr wire to run down to the connector. Is that right?

Thanks for any help. I have found that the VIvi Nova is my favorite tank system when I have working heads...

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I just ordered a bunch of replacement heads for my Vivi, and I want to try rebuilding them when they fail.

I get teh gist of what's going on and it doesn't seem too difficult, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Why use two kinds of wire?

2. How does wrapping the nr wire aroung the resistance wire actually work? I am unable to follow the pictures.

The way I perceive it now, I would twist the two wires together, and then wrap the twisted part around the wick, and then use the nr wire to run down to the connector. Is that right?

Thanks for any help. I have found that the VIvi Nova is my favorite tank system when I have working heads...

Its the same concept as the Iatty. The way it was before made the longer straight runs of wire that made the +/- connections and the runs would glow before the coil. So your taking the thicker wire and making the long straight runs for the +/- connections, while using the thin wire for the coil.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Thanks to one and all who contributed to this thread!!! I just recoiled my
first atty or carto ever!!! I just don't have the fingers for much fine work,
my favorite mod has two 3 AA battery boxes glued together and it just fits
my hand so nice....:facepalm:

Been following this thread since the start, lurking, afraid to wreck my Nova
and I like it so much...:lol Took me about 45 minutes to get the coil and
fit it back in the housing but it tastes as sweet as my first box mod...vaping
from something made with my own two hands!!

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
Alright, I made the draw much more to my preference, SUPER airy. I pulled the positive pin out of the bottom assembly by pushing it out the 510 connector, and expanded the air holes that are in the upper portion. Once I did this, and grinded off the nipple in the atomizer pin, I can pull air though it with no resistance. Its almost identical to a genesis I have with a 2mm air hole.

I was unable to get pictures of this due to my impatience in getting it working, but when my next one arrives, I'll post a how-to.

This, and drilling the holes out in the base truly make all the difference in the world. Great tip. Thanks!

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
ok i kinda understand the nr wire i wrap in the middle with the resistant to wrap to coils then thats all id need the nr wire for correct?the resistant wire goies down for the leggs is that correct?

Sounds backwards, the resistance wire makes up the coil, with the NR or low resistance wire twisted on to make the legs. This way only the coil part has the "higher resistance" and heats up, the legs stay cool....:2cool:

Krystm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Arlington, TX
The only question I have is how high do you position the coil? I have it pretty much level with the wick slots at the bottom. But it's not performing well. (Weak hits some gurgle not too much though thinking it may be flooded) So I Think it needs to be higher? I think it may solve my issue but wanted to see since I didn't see anything about coil positioning.

Also I milled/drilled out the bottom of the slots seems to help quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread