ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008

Krystm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Arlington, TX
It didn't with the Lines, since I vape mostly 0 nic I need the heat of high watts for the TH and that tend to burn the cotton, with the Vivi the air coming from right under the coil heats up with less watts.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...erials-safe-vs-dangerous-189.html#post6732978

I noticed this too, I used to use 5V at 2.5 but finding 4.5-4.6 is where it is. The 5V would be great on the very first hit then it would almost dry out or make a tasteless vapor or really light tasting vape. @ 4.5 was pretty good with little issue. Was hard to figure out thought i needed to go up when I really just needed to go down.

Chris Braddock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
United States
can some one help me i just cant seem to rebuild this with kanthal i tried using kanthal and nr wire and i just cant do it so i tried using just nichrome wire and i did like 5 wraps i thing mabey was 4ohms or something like that im wondering why i have no problems using the nichrome i dont get a burnt taste im not sure if the legs are getting hot i took apart last night and did not see and burn marks on the rubber so i guess the legs were not hot just wondering y nichrome is working better

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
I have never bothered with the NR wire on Vivi Nova coils. I don't see any indication that it's needed. Wow, 5 wraps = 4 ohms! Not sure what kind of PV you are using but 4 ohms will take a pretty good voltage to fire it. You mist be using a larger gauge resistance wire. I usual get about 2.2 - 2.4 ohms with 4 not so tight wraps of 33 awg Kanthal wire. This is when wrapping around 2 strands of cotton crochet thread.

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ
I get a bad taste after I rebuild almost chemical I use Silica wick

Sent from my NS4G powered by AOKP ICS

Did you add the nr wire? You might be burning your gasket. Also dry burn or truck your silica? In order to avoid the positive touching anything I tend to pull the nr wire from the bottom and put it on the same side as the negative, with negative under the gasket and positive sandwitched between gasket and pin. No problems at all

jralabate

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Nampa, Idaho
www.about.me
Did you add the nr wire? You might be burning your gasket. Also dry burn or truck your silica? In order to avoid the positive touching anything I tend to pull the nr wire from the bottom and put it on the same side as the negative, with negative under the gasket and positive sandwitched between gasket and pin. No problems at all

I'm not using nr wire. Truck? In wrapping at 1.8 O BTW. It works great if I use the cup that was around the coil tho.

Sent from my NS4G powered by AOKP ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread