The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vivi Nova tank cracking

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Myk, Jun 19, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Sorry mods, I thought there was a Vivi Nova specific forum but I sure can't find it now.

My tank is cracking, wasn't cracked like this this morning. It had a single tiny crack but I figured that was from when I snapped a drip tip off it, it never grew and sure didn't multiply like it is now.

Is it possible it's from a liquid that hasn't seen the tank in over a week? Or is the most likely culprit the liquid that's been sitting in it for days (Johnson Creek Tundra if anyone is wondering)?
    Is there a list here of liquids that crack plastic (besides the general knowledge of cinnamon)?

Where does it go from here. Sudden catastrophic failure or linger on until it develops a slow leak? I sure hope it's the lingering option.

2. oxygen thief

oxygen thief Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    Search 'Let's make a list of juices that crack plastic.'

3. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Murphy was an optimist. Expect a catastrophic failure. Only vape over a bowl, to save the juice. Or it may go slowly...

You could try wrapping the tube with shipping tape to get you by. I actually used regular "scotch" tape on a clearo when I was just starting, and it stopped the leak.

There is a list of cracking juices, but I can't remember what forum it was in... try the search bar above.

4. klynnn

klynnn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    prattville
  5. DoogieTony

DoogieTony Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've only had small cracks but they never totally failed.
    If you have a vision vivi nova you can buy replacement tubes for about $3 or if you're worried about future cracking you can get an all metal tube for about the same price.
    The only downside is that you can't see your juice level.
    Off the top of my head I know Gotvapes sells both.

6. Myk

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
  7. Myk

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Good idea with the tape.

I plan on replacing. Was wondering how long I had. Even thought of firing up the lathe.

8. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
  9. Myk

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
  10. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

11. Unforeseen

Unforeseen Admin
    Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved to Assorted PV Topics - Clearomizers

12. cedric212

cedric212 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Columbus, Ohio
    You might want to consider getting a pyrex VVN as a replacement if you enjoy top-coil clearos.

Pyrex 3.5ml ViVi Nova Tank

13. Myk

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    That's a reason I don't really want to rush to buy, I haven't decided which I like more or less.
    As far as user input I don't mind tipping up or tipping down. I'm used to tipping an eGo-C up to keep it from flooding at times and tipping it down when I'm in a tipped up position.
    I guess they both have pluses and minuses. I'll have to finish off the orange/cinnamon and try some other flavors in the ProTank

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.