Vivi Nova tank cracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Sorry mods, I thought there was a Vivi Nova specific forum but I sure can't find it now.

My tank is cracking, wasn't cracked like this this morning. It had a single tiny crack but I figured that was from when I snapped a drip tip off it, it never grew and sure didn't multiply like it is now.

Is it possible it's from a liquid that hasn't seen the tank in over a week? Or is the most likely culprit the liquid that's been sitting in it for days (Johnson Creek Tundra if anyone is wondering)?
Is there a list here of liquids that crack plastic (besides the general knowledge of cinnamon)?

Where does it go from here. Sudden catastrophic failure or linger on until it develops a slow leak? I sure hope it's the lingering option.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Murphy was an optimist. Expect a catastrophic failure. Only vape over a bowl, to save the juice. Or it may go slowly...

You could try wrapping the tube with shipping tape to get you by. I actually used regular "scotch" tape on a clearo when I was just starting, and it stopped the leak.

There is a list of cracking juices, but I can't remember what forum it was in... try the search bar above.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
I've only had small cracks but they never totally failed.
If you have a vision vivi nova you can buy replacement tubes for about $3 or if you're worried about future cracking you can get an all metal tube for about the same price.
The only downside is that you can't see your juice level.
Off the top of my head I know Gotvapes sells both.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Murphy was an optimist. Expect a catastrophic failure. Only vape over a bowl, to save the juice. Or it may go slowly...

You could try wrapping the tube with shipping tape to get you by. I actually used regular "scotch" tape on a clearo when I was just starting, and it stopped the leak.

There is a list of cracking juices, but I can't remember what forum it was in... try the search bar above.

Good idea with the tape.

I've only had small cracks but they never totally failed.
If you have a vision vivi nova you can buy replacement tubes for about $3 or if you're worried about future cracking you can get an all metal tube for about the same price.
The only downside is that you can't see your juice level.
Off the top of my head I know Gotvapes sells both.

I plan on replacing. Was wondering how long I had. Even thought of firing up the lathe.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I have a blog too. Pretty much the same info, but with more lurid pictures

RIP.gif

EEEKKK! What happened to my tank?

cedric212

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
I've got a ProTank (with a cinnamon in it) that I don't mind (other than it being loud). I guess I'll have to get a second pyrex something or other because the liquid that seems to have done it is an all the time and forever (so far) thing.

You might want to consider getting a pyrex VVN as a replacement if you enjoy top-coil clearos.

Pyrex 3.5ml ViVi Nova Tank

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
You might want to consider getting a pyrex VVN as a replacement if you enjoy top-coil clearos.

Pyrex 3.5ml ViVi Nova Tank

That's a reason I don't really want to rush to buy, I haven't decided which I like more or less.
As far as user input I don't mind tipping up or tipping down. I'm used to tipping an eGo-C up to keep it from flooding at times and tipping it down when I'm in a tipped up position.
I guess they both have pluses and minuses. I'll have to finish off the orange/cinnamon and try some other flavors in the ProTank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread