VMOD Silo Cartomizers 1.8ohm - What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

axolotly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2010
GA
So I love my brand new VMOD 2.0, but I was looking for a warmer vape than the 2.0 ohm hybrid attie that came with the kit. I added some 1.8 ohm Silo cartos to my order.

Why are they immediately burning the filler and filling my mouth with a disgusting acrid smoke (not like any dry burn I've ever had). I've primed them with juice and don't understand why they are unusable right out of the bag.

I'm going to throw them away, with the money I paid for them (unless I am screwing something up real bad in how I'm using them).

1. Did I get a bad batch? Is this user error? I can't imagine anyone selling a product like this.
2. Recommendations for LR atties/cartos for the VMOD that work please! :)

aiccucs

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
Ohio
So I love my brand new VMOD 2.0, but I was looking for a warmer vape than the 2.0 ohm hybrid attie that came with the kit. I added some 1.8 ohm Silo cartos to my order.

Why are they immediately burning the filler and filling my mouth with a disgusting acrid smoke (not like any dry burn I've ever had). I've primed them with juice and don't understand why they are unusable right out of the bag.

I'm going to throw them away, with the money I paid for them (unless I am screwing something up real bad in how I'm using them).

1. Did I get a bad batch? Is this user error? I can't imagine anyone selling a product like this.
2. Recommendations for LR atties/cartos for the VMOD that work please! :)

I jump back and forth between the 1.8 silo and the 2.0 hybrid and have never had this. I fill up the carto manually before I hit it and it just works. Since you are priming it I'm guessing you have a bad batch.

I can't answer your 2nd questions because I am still new to this and have only used the vapage attys and cartos.

aiccucs

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
Ohio
I ordered some of those 1.5 ohm hybrids from Vapage with the 50% off code and they were waiting for me tonight after work. Immediately changed out the 2.0 that came with the kit and the 1.5 is hitting much warmer with a little Gandalf. Very nice actually. Haven't had the guts to try the silo things.

Yeah, the 1.5 attys are significantly warmer. A little too warm for me but it seems to be a favorite among many vapers.

axolotly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2010
GA
Did you let the juice soak into the filler material for a few minutes before vaping

I tried this, and it still didn't work. I then literally drowned the thing in juice, and started doing some tiny little dry burns to make it vapable. It is spitting out liquid, but I can actual vape off of it! Once I get all of the excess juice out, I think it just might work! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread