VooPoo Drag with Juggernaut Kanthal A1 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I currently have 60 watts in. If you need picture of my build, let me know.
A picture would be helpful, plus I always like build pics. Juggernauts are usually pretty massive coils. Probably need more power to heat them up. They also have a lot of shape. In my experience the less smooth the wire is the more it will spit. I like fused claptons with a 38 or 40 outer wrap.

• Agree
Reactions: TrollDragon

Cuchuun

Oct 18, 2018
A picture would be helpful, plus I always like build pics. Juggernauts are usually pretty massive coils. Probably need more power to heat them up. They also have a lot of shape. In my experience the less smooth the wire is the more it will spit. I like fused claptons with a 38 or 40 outer wrap.
I found the reason to it, thank you for the notice. It tends to spit a lot and apparently they were bad coils.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The brand or specs of the Juggernaut coil would be more helpful than a picture.

Is 0.26 ohm a per coil reading or for both? The resistance of a coil is not all that matters – you also have the mass of the coil which contributes to the heat capacity of the coil. The higher the mass, the higher the heat capacity – the higher the heat capacity the harder it is for the coil to reach optimum temperature…and the longer it takes the coil to cool down.

A Juggernaut is 2 Clapton wires in parallel wrapped with a ribbon. Finding a typical Kanthal 5 wrap 3mm ID Juggernaut coil off the web and entering it’s awg and wire into Steam Engine I see a Heat Capacity of 218 mj/k…that is massive! Not saying this is the Heat Capacity of your coils but gives a general idea. If you like super hot vapes then a Juggernaut could be your thing. In comparison a 9 wrap, 3mm ID 26awg Kanthal coil is only 35mj/k

Last edited:

Cuchuun

Oct 18, 2018
Depending on the construction of the coils, 60 watts might be sufficient for a single coil. But for a dual, you're going to need a lot more power.

Most people think that spitting means too much power, but it is often the reverse.

It's not spitting anymore, I found out that the problem was in the coils and it was doing short circuit, cause one of the legs touched another's. Still new to it. Anyways, you said it could have more watts in? How much would you say approximately?

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
It's not spitting anymore, I found out that the problem was in the coils and it was doing short circuit, cause one of the legs touched another's. Still new to it. Anyways, you said it could have more watts in? How much would you say approximately?
To find out your optimum wattage, start low, maybe the 60 you are used to, and slowly turn it up a couple watts at a time, take a couple puffs, turn it up a couple more watts, take a couple puffs, until the vapor gets too hot, is too much, or you start getting dry hits. Then turn it back down to where you enjoyed it the most.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread