Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again folks and welcome back for another review, today's reviews, yes because these two kits are almost identical except for a few things I found it better to review both side by side in one review. I think it's better for the folks that can't decide which one these to get, and when I say these I'm of course referring to the new DRAG X PRO and the DRAG S PRO from Voopoo. Both of these kits were provided to me from Voopoo for the purpose of this review. I will cut to the chase right away and tell you the main difference between the two is that the DRAG X Pro uses a external 21700 or 18650 battery with the provided adaptor and the DRAG S Pro has a 3000mAh internal battery. There's a lot to cover here folks so lets get started with some information on both DRAG Kits.

COLOR CHOICES FOR DRAG X PRO AND DRAG S PRO ( DRAG S PRO IS PICTURED )

VDSPkit20210816_3.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE DRAG X PRO KIT

VDXPkit20210816_17.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THE DRAG S PRO KIT

VDSPkit20210816_18.jpg

DRAG X PRO SPECIFICATIONS ( 5-100W )

VDXPkit20210816_15.jpg

DRAG S PRO SPECIFICATIONS ( 5-80W )

VDSPkit20210816_16.jpg

DRAG X PRO USES A SINGLE 21700 OR 18650 BATTERY

VDXPkit20210816_12.jpg

DRAG S PRO USES A INTERNAL 3000mAh BATTERY

VDSPkit20210816_13.jpg

BOTH USE THE NEW TPP X 5.5ML POD

VDXPkit20210816_5.jpg

EASY SIDE FILL USING SEMI-HIDDEN BUTTON

VDXPkit20210816_6.jpg

COMPATIBLE WITH ALL TPP/PNP coils WITH JUST A FEW LISTED BELOW

VDXPkit20210816_14.jpg

AUTO AND MANUAL DRAW ON BOTH devices

VDXPkit20210816_9.jpg

VDSPkit20210816_12.jpg

360° AIRFLOW SYSTEM ON BOTH DEVICES DRAG S PRO PICTURED

VDSPkit20210816_7.jpg

THREE POWER MODES ON BOTH DEVICES

VDSPkit20210816_11.jpg

BOTH DEVICES HAVE A BOOST CIRCUIT INCREASING VOLTAGE OUTPUT TO 8.5V
    ( DRAG S PRO PICTURED )

VDSPkit20210816_8.jpg

BOTH DEVICES USE THE GENE.FAN 3.0 CHIP THAT BOOST PERFORMANCE BY 20%

VDSPkit20210816_9.jpg

BOTH DEVICES HAVE THE ONE BUTTON SWITCH TO TURN ON/OFF OR LOCK THE ENTIRE DEVICE BY FLIPPING THE SWITCH INSTEAD OF PRESSING THE FIRE/POWER BUTTON 5 TIMES
    ( DRAG S PRO PICTURED )

VDSPkit20210816_4.jpg

DRAG X PRO EIGHT SAFETY PROTECTIONS

VDXPkit20210816_16.jpg

DRAG S PRO SEVEN SAFETY PROTECTIONS

VDSPkit20210816_17.jpg

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Packaging on both kits was done very well in the usual box in a sleeve with the devices and pods resting in their own cutout of foam, below the device and pod is another box containing your coils, user manual and charge cord, the Drag X Pro has a 18650 battery tube adapter already installed in the tube when it's shipped. My first impression was of WOW both are really great looking devices that still have the leather wrap, leather just makes a mod feel better in my opinion. The Drag X Pro came in the Sahara brown color and the Drag S Pro came in the Garda blue color

20210822_144240.jpg

Both of the new Drags have some pretty nice upgrades to them and one of them being a auto draw function, I'm a button presser myself but many people like the auto draw feature and Voopoo incorporated it into both of these devices.

Inside the connecting base of the pod are 2 gold pins that contact the coil making it's connection, surrounding the pins is a black insulator with a thin line going up to the auto draws air feed tube, sorry for the poor picture but at the end of the black line at the base
    is where the air feed tube is located.

20210822_155340.jpg

Past Drag devices connected the pod using magnets that I thought were very strong because I've never had a pod come off the device when be carried in a pocket, the 3 pod magnets on these new Drags feel even stronger to me and considerable force is needed to separate them from there bases, I don't know if they have been made stronger but they feel like they have to me. Another difference between the Drag X Pro and the Drag S Pro is the 360° airflow control rings, the Drag X Pro on the left has a ribbed one while the Drag S Pro on the right has a fine patterned one, both have just the right amount of resistance to them.

20210822_163914.jpg

There are a couple of new features on the new TPP pod alone without even talking about the mods new ones. I never had a issue using the built in to the pods drip tip on both the PNP and TPP pods because they felt comfortable and you really had no choice because they were part of the pod.

We now have a choice to use our own 810 drip tip because Voopoo separated the drip tip from the pod, the supplied drip tips proved to be comfortable and at the height I like so I found no need to swap them out for my own during testing of both kits.

In the past on both the PNP and TPP pods you had to bottom fill the pods which meant removal of the pod in order to get to the fill port.

The new TPP pod uses a semi-hidden side fill method that works great by simply pushing in on the black button at the top of the pod and rotating it to the left to reveal the fill port, lift up the fill plug and fill the pod on a angle then put the plug back in place and rotate to the right putting it back in place while hiding it at the same time. If you forget to rotate it back after filling and plugging the large fill port it will still work fine without leaking. Voopoo has a sticker on the pod explaining how to do this, it's removable but I left in on to show you.

20210822_152202.jpg

Airflow is another big change that happened on both devices, the new Drags now have 360° airflow and gone is that little nub that always worried me would get caught on something in a pocket, now simply rotate the airflow control ring using your fingers. You can use both devices airflow wide open like the pictured Drag X Pro or close them down like the pictured Drag S Pro to whatever airflow selection you like, at the very end of the spectrum Voopoo even included 2 tiny holes ( not pictured ) for using both in a MTL configuration.

20210822_171419.jpg

The Drag X Pro can operate on a single 21700 or 18650 battery but it really shines with a 21700. The battery is loaded inside from the bottom by unlocking the battery cover that seems to be well built and has never unintentionally opened even when tapping on a hard surface trying to get it to fail. Battery polarity is marked on the battery door with a minus symbol, there is no positive marking or color marking inside the battery tube.

20210822_165843.jpg

20210822_165713.jpg

Those of you familiar with past versions in the Drag series will now notice a new interface on the display screen, the core and iron displays are gone but I think the new one really resembles the iron quite a lot and I like it as much as the other 2 . All the information is laid out well, display screen is bright and vivid with fonts large enough to read without issue. Both the Drag X Pro and Drag S Pro pictured are in smart mode which reads the Voopoo coil being used and puts your wattage at a recommended setting but you can change it to your own wattage setting it's just a safe recommendation. In smart mode your wattage can only be increased to the maximum safe wattage of the Voopoo coil your using preventing you from burning up your coil by using to much wattage.

Screen Layout - Top to bottom and left to right

* Brand Name

* Battery Bar

* Wattage Selected

* Power mode - S - (Smart) R - (RBA) TC - (Temp Control)-must be downloaded at Voopoo

* R (Ohms)

* Volts

* Animated Graphic When Vaping

* Time - Time of last vape In Seconds

* Puff Counter

20210822_152812.jpg

I'm sure by now most of your are saying what is that 3rd button or switch above the type-c charge port, It's a switch that can perform 2 functions and you decide which function to make it.

It can turn on/off the device instead of pressing the fire/power button 5 times by just moving the switch over to the right.

The other function of the switch is to lock the entire device by again moving the switch over to the right.

You designate what function to make it in the menu. When it's designated to lock the entire device a red lock symbol appears on the screen when the switch is moved to the right, to unlock move the switch to the left. Notice the red lock symbol next to the wattage number and that the switch has been moved over to the right.

20210822_162455.jpg

On Voopoo's last Drag release the Drag X Plus Professional Edition that I also reviewed a short time ago VOOPOO DRAG X PLUS PROFESSIONAL EDITION REVIEWED BY BIGBOB2322 they included a boost circuit in the device that gives constant power and stable output with a low battery and is capable of 8.5 v, I'm happy to report it's also in both the Drag X Pro as well as the Drag S Pro. I want to give you the simple button combinations of the menu next

MENU

* Traditional On/Off - 5 Presses of the fire/power button

* Enter Menu - Press and hold both adjustment buttons simultaneously, once the menu opens to your settings use the adjustment buttons to move to either the switch settings or the mode settings, once on your selection press the fire/power button to open that setting then make your selection.

* Clearing The Puff Counter - Press and hold fire/power and minus buttons simultaneously

USING THE DRAG X PRO AND DRAG S PRO

When I opened up the devices I was glad that the basic Drag look was still in place because I really like the styling and evolution each one of these have. The Drag X Pro and Drag S Pro are a bit taller than previous versions mainly for the 360° airflow control built into each device.

Airflow has been improved and there is no longer a nub to control it cleaning up the look of each device, I think airflow is even smoother with this improvement and further enhances the new TPP pod.

Filling up with juice is a easy task on the new TPP pod and the semi- hidden fill port not only looks good but also functions very well, I'm so glad I no longer have to remove the pod for filling.

You folks that have your own beloved 810 drip tips that are favorites can now use them on the pod, I saw no need to use one of my own in testing because the supplied one is comfortable and height for me was spot on.

The coils that are supplied worked well with the 0.15Ω being my favorite of all, in 2nd place was the 0.2Ω coil. Flavor on all was very good but I like a very warm vape and the coils mentioned fit my vape preference the best.

The switch is such a nice offering and having 2 ways to use it is icing on the cake, I like using it to lock everything when pocket carry is in play, on the desk I use it for the quick on/off function.

Using the auto draw at times proved to be spotty on both devices but some of that could be because I don't inhale super deeply, when I do there is a slight hesitation than it kicks in but kicks out if I relax my inhale a little bit.

When fully open these issues arise but when airflow is closed off some it improves greatly, like I said it could be me and the way I inhale, I like using a button better myself.

The boost circuit works so well, I don't like to run my batteries down all the way but sometimes I forget to keep a eye on them and they get run down very low but with the boost circuit I can't tell anymore because the vape is as good as when the battery was 100% fully charged using the internal one of the Drag S Pro or external of the Drag X Pro.

All in all both are fantastic upgrades and I will continue to use both in my rotation of personal devices.

I would like to thank Aimer and Voopoo for providing the Drag X Pro and Drag S Pro kits for the purpose of this review. Folks both of these are winners and I highly recommend either one.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Attachments

• 20210822_165843.jpg
      20210822_165843.jpg
      862.9 KB · Views: 24

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Detailed and well written review.

Specially like that multipurpose button it has,love mods that lets you lock the fire button instead of having to turn it off.
    Thank you buddy, it's nice that it has 2 functions and you choose which to use on the device.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread